- Snorunt (50 Atk) (STAB)
- Swinub (50 Atk) (STAB)
- Vanillite (50 Atk) (STAB)
- Phampy (60 Atk)
- Snover (62 Atk) (STAB)*
- Shellder (65 Atk)

Not sure if Amaura uses it.
*Weak to Flying
True, but Snover can choose to run Soundproof, which makes it immune to Bug Buzz on the switch.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
there is absolutely no reason to use snover without snow warning, it is the reason why it is so good. that being said yeah its probably just going to be the return of snover or amaura when it getes snow warning because the other ones arent good or shellder who i dont wanna run

there is absolutely no reason to use snover without snow warning, it is the reason why it is so good. that being said yeah its probably just going to be the return of snover or amaura when it getes snow warning because the other ones arent good or shellder who i dont wanna run

There's just one: immunity to Bug Buzz. But yeah, I agree, it is outclassed completely. I'm thinking Amaura will be used a lot more than Snover, just do to it being able to actually take on fire types and all.

With Sneasel gone I feel that Tangela is so much better, as Sneasel could actually beat it with Knock Off + Icicle Crash.
Also, is Vulpix even worth it anymore? It's such a Medicore pokemon, I'd rather use a regular sunny day setter like Tangela or Prankster Purrloin.

Vulpix is indeed mediocre, but Drought is generally better than Sunny Day because Drought activates on the switch, which pretty much always allows you to get sun up at least twice. Furthermore, Vulpix's Fire Blast in sun actually hurts.

Vulpix's usage would likely dip drastically if Tangela was removed from the equation. That being said, I actually have had some use of Vulpix as a one-time water-type switch in (in case im scared of Ice Beam hitting Tangela) and a very effective special fairy counter. It also burns the shit out of Munchlax and other slow Pokemon.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Of the 8 pokemon that were unbanned, only Meditite, Vulpix, and Carvanha remain.

Of those three I honestly only feel Meditite is the questionable one. Its big check Gligar is gone and Ice Punch's slot can be better filled with other moves now. It has pretty much three deadly sets, Eviolite, Scarf, and LO. All of which have the ability to check their respective counters/checks with the right moves. You can EV it to survive Misdreavus's Shadow Ball, an itemless Fletchling's Acrobatics, and a Spritzee's Moonblast with Eviolite; use Thunder Punch for Slowpoke, High Jump Kick for Vullaby, Poison Jab for Spritzee (ZHB from Eviolite can even 2HKO >50% of the time with SR), Return for Elgyem. You can even use Baton Pass to escape from Wynaut. It's just surprisingly hard to kill especially since it can get psuedo recovery from Drain Punch as well. Fake Out + Bullet Punch are still beautiful for all those annoying Sturdy + BJ Pokemon as well as just being general priority.

Drought took such a boon with the 5 turn nerf, as well as making lots of new enemies with Fletchling's Priority Acrobatics and Generation 6's new mechanics for Grass-Types and Overcoat, both of which grant an immunity to Sleep Powder and Stun Spore. If your sun team utilized Shadow Tag from Wynaut or Gothita even that was somewhat significantly nerfed due to Ghost-Types now being able to switch out of it. That's not to say sun isn't viable, but it is probably better to lean more towards balanced than hyper offense for sun teams. I don't particularly feel like Vulpix is enough of a problem to be near suspected, especially due to its low usage at the moment, but Sun boosted Fire Blast is still damn strong.

Carvanha is annoying with Life Orb/Focus Sash, and Destiny Bond, but I'm not exactly an expert on it since my teams tend to always be well protected against Carvanha by default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)