Freezing Fury-Part 1 2v2v2 Melee Battle Ref: Kaxtar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hail was getting quite distarcting, but I knew that I couldn't lose concentration for even a moment. I knew this Snover would decimate Zero, but I knew I had to go down fighting.

"Zero, I don't think you'll live through this round, so just concentrate on dealing huge damage. Start launching Flamethrower's at Snover until you have no more energy to move"

Even I didn't think Shizuka could stand up to this Snover with the advantage it was at, but I had to try.

"Shizuka, Protect yourself from that Leech seed, then use Psychic on Snover and Disable Blizzard!"

Snover [Frostbite] Male
Nature: Relaxed (+* defense, a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed. Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon.

HP: 100
Energy: 100%
Atk: ***
Def: *** (+)
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 34 (-)

Snow Warning: (Innate) This Pokemon summons a massive hailstorm upon its entry into battle that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Monohm (Zero) (M)
Nature: Modest - adds * to Special Attack, subtracts * from Attack.
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.

HP: 66
Energy: 56%
Atk: * (-)
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 60

Ralts(*) [Shizuka] (Male)
Nature: Serious (Neutral)
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Synchronize:
Type: Innate
Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.

HP: 66
Energy: 87%
Atk: *
Def: *
SpA: **
Spe: 40
Status: Light Screen (4 actions left), Confused (3 actions left), +1 Special Defense, +1 Special Attack

As snover arrives on the battlefield, its Snow Warning triggers a hailstorm, replacing the torrential downpour that had been going strong for a few rounds so far. Ralts tries to protect itself from attacks, but fails to due so because it hit itself in confusion. Snover takes advantage of this opening to Leech Seed Ralts, and immediately begins sapping health away from the psychic rag doll. Monohm, lucky to be out of harm's way for the moment, uses a Flamethrower on Snover, inflicting massive damage.

Liking the damage it just caused, Monohm uses another Flamethrower. This hits Snover before it can launch its combo-attack, and causes it to stumble in its preparation. Ralts tries once more to join in on the fun of hurting snover, but again hits itself in confusion and fails to attack.

As the old saying goes, third time's the charm, and this is exactly what monohm goes for with yet another flamethrower. Luckily for monohm, this flamethrower even manages to score a burn on snover, much to snover's dismay. In retaliation, Snover launches a combo attack of Icy Wind and Blizzard. This lowers both Ralts's and Monohm's speed, as well as freezing Monohm whole. And, you know, massive weather augmented damage as well :) At least it doesn't score a critical hit! Now scared of the mighty power of the combo, Ralts disables the Blizzard+Icy Wind combo for an entire two rounds. Its safe, for now. Also, Snover gets it burn healed by the hail; lucky Snover!

Snover [Frostbite] Male
Nature: Relaxed (+* defense, a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.)
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed. Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon.

HP: 54
Energy: 75%

Snow Warning: (Innate) This Pokemon summons a massive hailstorm upon its entry into battle that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Monohm (Zero) (M)
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)

Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.

HP: 30
Energy: 27%
Status: Completely Frozen, immune to almost all damage unless thawed (Monohm will thaw normally in 2 full rounds), -1 Speed

Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Synchronize:
Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.

HP: 35
Energy: 81%
Status: Light Screen (1 action left), Leech Seeded (wares off in 3 actions), -1 Speed

Lots of stuff happened this round, action three was certainly a game-changer. Action-order for next round is Tort, Omegaman, Berserker.

"Whoah." Even Victor was shocked at how effective that combination was. Nevertheless, enough heat would be able to melt straight through that much ice.

"Alright-let's finish things quickly before Monohm escapes! Your Blizzard's been disabled this round, so Razor Leaf and Energy Ball at Ralts, then Icy Wind!"

EDIT: Kaxtar told me to wait on this. Original orders were Blizzard+Energy Ball+Blizzard.

"We're going to give it our all right until the end, Shizuka!"

"Use Protect, then use Psychic to throw the frozen Zero at Frostbite! We'll end by Protecting again."

" No, just no" I stutter in horror. " Zero, if you can hear me, then kepp tryin got Flamethrower in the direction of that Snover. This should also get you out of this ice prision."

I was impressed at the sheer perseverance of all of the trainers and pokemon involved in the battle. I didn't think I could win, but I knew that even if I didn't, this battle had been worth it.

" This is it, Shizuka! Just keep using Psychic on Frostbite, but remember that Protecting yourself from any attacks takes top priority!"

I observe the battlers and the Pokemon. All our Pokemon were gettign very tired, and we knew this would be the last round possible. I looked at Zero, and uttered my commands.

"Zero, we need to get rid of this Snover if we can, so attack with the strongest Flamethrower you can muster. If Snover is gotten rid of, then just Chill, then hit Ralts with a Dragon Pulse"

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What happened here? Why did the match proceed with Snover Blizzarding when it's Disabled? Also, how can combos be Disabled? Omegaman directly asked for just Blizzard to be Disabled anyway, not a combo (and I don't think it's even possible).

I honestly believe the last round requires a re-reffing. I just wish I had more time. I hope I can trust you, Kaxtar, to fix it up properly (and ask for Tortferngatr to reorder).

No exceptions. I'm pretty serious.

...I assumed the combo was disabled, and that it was indeed possible. (surprisingly convenient, but possible.) It seems like the other two people battling have accepted it as such.

It's fairly easy to reconsider, though. In fact, it might even be beneficial, given how the rest of the round went and provided that Icy Wind still isn't disabled...

In-character-Suddenly, Celebi appeared.

"You have bent the rules," the Celebi stated. "I will be merciful, however, and let you go back in time and reorder events, as Blizzard should have been disabled, not the combo."

I did so-now for causality to alter.

Well, I know this will likely not change what I would be using, considering that Zero was frozen after the combo happened, but Ralts and Zero should have some more HP for sure. Maybe Omegaman will change his actions for this round, but I don't know.

My interpretation was that Disable could not single out and disable moves that were a part of a combo. Therefore, when ralts was asked to disable Blizzard, I had him chose the next best thing; the combo of Icy Wind+Blizzard. I don't see a rule that states combos can't be disabled, so I just went with that.

If you still want me to re-do this round, I will Flora. Tortferngatr, you have the option of making new actions, but this would require everyone to give new actions, as you went first that round. Assume Snover's Blizzard attack is disabled. However, wait for Flora's decision please.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're right that it doesn't say that; combos themselves have been very complicated throughout ASB due to no real description. Still, Blizzard was a part of that action, even if it's in a combo. The Blizzard was still there. The order directly asked for Blizzard to be Disabled; that's all there is to it. Omegaman even knew that Blizzard + Icy Wind was coming, since he posted last, yet he opted to Disable just Blizzard.

I know where you're coming from, though. Read the description and you'll get that Disable should just erase one of the three actions. This suggest that there must be three actions, however, so it doesn't make sense with a combo. Leech Seed - Icy Wind + Blizzard. That's two ("resting" action can't be erased). Still, you can read a combo as Leech Seed - Icy Wind - Blizzard with Blizzard just happening faster than usual.

Okay, Kaxtar, go ahead and take the initiative.

Alright, you all heard the boss. Re-order please; the order is Tort, Omegaman, Berserker. However, I will not be able to re-ref things this weekend; I will be at a forensics competition. I'll try to finish it by monday, so sorry if I'm a couple days past the DQ time.

As the mysterious Celebi sent all the trainers back in time, Victor asked,

"Okaaaayy. Erm, back to the battle. Alright, looks like you're just going to have to use Growth, Energy Ball at Ralts, then Icy Wind!

If Ralts Protects itself on the second turn, use Growth again instead!

Though plauged by Deja-vu, I gave Shizuka his orders.

"Boost with Calm Mind, then use Psychic to throw the frozen Zero at Frostbite! We'll end by Protecting."

Well, seeing Celebi auddenly appear was a bit of a shocker, but my main focus was back on the battle. I saw that Zero had been frozen again. Angry at Celebi, I gave the same orders I gave last time.

"Zero, I know that you must be confused and mad due to you being frozen again, but don't worry, you'll get out quickly. I do know that Omeagman plans to throw you at the Snover, but I still need you to keep using Flamethower to ensure you'll get out of this ice prision."

Snover [Frostbite] Male

HP: 54
Energy: 75%

Monohm (Zero) (M)

Energy: 27%
Status: Completely Frozen, immune to almost all damage unless thawed (Monohm will thaw normally in 2 full rounds), -1 Speed

Synchronize:

HP: 35
Energy: 81%
Status: Light Screen (1 action left), Leech Seeded (wares off in 3 actions), -1 Speed

First actions, not a whole lot happens tbh. Snover taps into nature's power and raises it stats with Growth. Ralts does the same, but with a Calm mind instead. Monohm tries to get out of its frozen prison, but is too cold to even move on the first action. At least none of its energy was wasted.

Tried of the stat boosting, Snover uses an Energy Ball on Ralts, striking it for solid damage. Ralts tries to get revenge on Snover, and does so by psychicing Monohm into snover. The residual psychic damage hurts Monohm a little, while the smashing of ice into snover deals a solid seven damage flat. However, newly formed cracks in the ice, along with a flamethrower from Monohm, let monohm escape its icy prison.

Free from the frozen water, Monohm launches a Flamethrower right at snover, burning the vegetation and melting the snow on Snover. Ralts uses a Protect to dodge an ensuing attack, and luckily manages to avoid the Icy wind of Snover. Monohm isn't as lucky, however, and gets damaged and slowed down by the frigid blast of air.

Snover [Frostbite] Male

Energy: 60%

Monohm (Zero) (M)

HP: 1
Energy: 9%

Synchronize:

HP: 8

Alright, sorry for the wait; forensics+getting sick=not fun :( Omegaman, Berserker, Tort is the order of actions for this probably final round. GL everyone, and finish strong!

The end of the match was coming, and I wanted to finish as strong as I could.

"Shizuka, use Psychic on Frostbite until it goes down! If you get into a bad spot and one more attack could faint you, Protect yourself from it!"

"This is it Zero. Theres no way your going to live through this round unless there's some rediculous luck, so just Flamethrower Snover, Chill, then hit Ralts with a Dragon Pulse"

Surprised at Snover's raw tenacity and power, Victor simply declared:

"Ice Shard Monohm, Blizzard until the end. You can break that Protect."

Snover [Frostbite] Male

Monohm (Zero) (M)

HP: 1
Energy: 9%

Synchronize:

HP: 8

Each pokemon, given their final orders, prepares to finish off this monumental battle. Monohm can't even live past one round of hail, so it tries to do something before it goes down. However, snover is taking no chances, and uses an Ice Shard right away to finish of Monohm before it can even move! As monohm slups to the ground, Ralts lets loose a Psychic on Snover, trying to hurt it while it relives the glory of that last KO.

Now fearing for its life, Ralts tries to protect and stall out snover. However, the enraged Snover unleashes a final blizzard. Thanks to the hail boosting the power of Blizzard, snover manages to break through Ralts's protect, and knocks it out cold (pun intended). Grateful that this trying ordeal is finally over, Snover takes a victory lap; it has emerged, alone and victorious!

Snover [Frostbite] Male

HP: 19
Energy: 50%

Monohm (Zero) (M)=KO

Ralts(*) [Shizuka] (Male)=KO

Congrats Tortferngatr! This was a great battle, and you should be very proud of yourself. Same goes for Berserker and Omegaman as well! Now, on to the rewards!

I get 6 RC (this match started way too soon for the new changes to take effect)
All trainers get 2 TC
All pokemon get 1 EC/MC/DC
Numel and Snover both get 2 KO counters, while Monohm gets one (1) KO counter.

Once more, this was a great match. Thanks for letting me ref guys, it was a blast. And congrats to Tortferngatr once more!

Out of Character: ...Given this is an RP battle chain as well, getting a few in-character comments in before the end should be a good idea.

"Great job Frostbite!"

Snover didn't seem quite ready to end the match yet, though. Closing his eyes, he suddenly seemed to glow white, growing rapidly and releasing a large amount of hail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)