French Team With Dragonnite

Introduction

At first, hello to all. The team is my second RMT on Smogon and I would play it on Smogon Tour XIII.
Because of the Standard and the Smogon Tour, I play Over Used.
I don't like stall because it's really long to play, so I play a very offensive team. I don't really like teams with Climate because preserve Climate is really hard. So I play Offense without Climate.

In black, it's classic things and in red originals things.

TEAM AT A GLANCE :

TEAM IN DETAILS:​

Metagross @ Occa Berry(thanks to Pocket for this idea)
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spd (thanks to Pocket for the repartition)
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

He is my steath Rock user. He has Explosion who do a lot of damage with his massive attack and the imposante base of power of the attack. He is useful for taking of Tyranitar Lead who is outspeed. He is nearly all my lead. If Metagross uses Explosion, a lot of Pokemon can be OHKO with, and if they resist, I can revenge kill them.

Meteor Smash is very useful again Tyranitar who take a lot and Terrakium who is OHKO. Stealth Rock is really important for my team, for transform 2HKO to OHKO and 3HKO to 2HKO and limit switches. Earthquake is for stell types such as Heatran and Jirachi and Pokemon who have a resistance to Meteor Smash. Explosion is very powerful, the base is 250, with this advantage, I can kill or do a lot of damage to a Pokemon after put Stealth Rocks. Repartition in HP and Occa Berry is for can take fire Blast of Modest Heatran, the repartition in speed is for outspeed Calm Heatran.

Starmie @ Expert Belt(thanks to Pocket again)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Grass Knot(thanks to Pocket too)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro-Pump

My fantastic offensive rapid spiner who do a lot of damage.
He surprise too, with Grass Knot, Gastrodon and Rotom-W take a lot. With Rapid Spin, Ghost types block but because of Starmie's sweep, Ghost types such as Jellicent is 2HKO with Thunderbolt. Gengar is OHKO by Hydro-Pump with Stealth Rock.

Rapid Spin is for prevent Hentry Hasards. Ice Beam is for Dragon Type sch as Dragonite and Latios and Grasses types. Grass Knot is useful again Water types in partivulary Jellicent who block the spin. Hydro-Pump is for the stab who can OHKO Scizor with the Rain and who OHKO Gengar. Thanks to Pocket for Expert Belt who is really useful for Starmie.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

A classic set and my first Pokemon for scout, with Scizor the decline of
adverse team, it is easy with Stealth Rock. Because of the Choice Scarf, he can revenge kill too a lot of Pokemon such as Gyarados and Dragonite on +1. I didn't put Trick because it isn't a reliable move.

Volt Switch is for scout and it's a good stab. Hydro-Pump is for ground type who have got a resistance to Volt Switch. Thunderbolt is for revenge kill Gyarados Sub + Dragon Dance who can make problem without. Hidden Power Ice is for revenge kill Dragonite on +1 and another Dragons.

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SDef
- Sword Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

A lure of the famous Choice Bander, he is useful again Magnezone and another Steel types who block the sweep of Nite.

U-turn is for scout. Bullet Punch for revenge kill a lot of Pokemon.Superpower is for steel types such as Ferrothorn. Sword Dance is for surprise and set-up.28 EVs in SDef for have a better resistance to Draco Meteor from Latios who is trapp.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The part one of my second core. He can be my Late Game Sweeper. A very powerful Pokemon, he is really dangerous whe he sets-up. He forms a core with Dragonite because Steel Types are a problem for Nite and are easy counter by Volcarona. The repartition is for outspeed Terrakion Choice Scarfer when Volcarona is on +2, Max Special attack for damages and the rest in Bulk for have a more easy seting-up.

Quiver Dance is the best move for seting-up, +1 in Speed, Special attack and Special Defense, a very useful move. Bugg Buzz is for the stab who is super effective again grass types. Fire Dance is for the second stab who can boost Special Attack. Hidden Power Ground is for Heatran, Terrakion and Tyranitar who are bigs problems for Volcarona.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 80 SDef / 164 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Roost

I nearly all use it in Late Game Sweep because of the decline created with my team. He is just abuse, you just can't kill him, he can resist to all attack (owewer Outrage, Draco Meteor and booste ice moves). I choose the SubDD because Volcarona takes care of steel, and without steels, there isn't resistances to Dragon Claw.

Dragon Dance is for set-up. Dragon Claw is for the stab who is really powerful after boostes. Substitute is for block changements of status. Roost is for stall and reactivate Multiscale.

Exportation(if you want to play my team) :
Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 80 SDef / 164 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute
- Roost

CONCLUSION :

Thanks to read my RMT, It was really long for do it and make the team.

The T-list coming soon.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Good team, but there are a few areas where you should consider changes. Firstly, Starmie should almost always have some kind of stab. Either HydroPump or Surf would work great. I would suggest replacing Hidden Power grass. If you are woried about Gastrodon, you might consider replacing Thunderbolt on Rotom-W with Trick. Trick will remove Gastrodon's ability to switch moves and wrecks the defensive sets that use, toxic and recover. Looking at this team Latios looks like it could be a serious problem because your team has no way to inflict serious damage if Volcarona is not on the field with a quiver dance boost. The Calm Mind version looks especially dangerous here. You may want to consider using this Scizor set:

Scizor @Choice Band, Nature:Adamant, Ability:Technician, 252HP/252Att/4SpD
Moves: Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit, U-Turn

This Set will help you to nail Choice locked Lati@s and to lure out hidden power fire on Calm Mind versions. This well help you bring in Volcarona if hazards are off the field. This Scizor set will also help to nail other psychics without Hidden Power fire, and provide a great check to speed boosting Pokes like Terrakion, and Salamence.

This team looks like it has good potential, I wish you all the best on the ladder and in the Smogon Tour. I hope these suggestions help!

Good team, but there are a few areas where you should consider changes. Firstly, Starmie should almost always have some kind of stab. Either HydroPump or Surf would work great. I would suggest replacing Hidden Power grass. If you are woried about Gastrodon, you might consider replacing Thunderbolt on Rotom-W with Trick. Trick will remove Gastrodon's ability to switch moves and wrecks the defensive sets that use, toxic and recover. Looking at this team Latios looks like it could be a serious problem because your team has no way to inflict serious damage if Volcarona is not on the field with a quiver dance boost. The Calm Mind version looks especially dangerous here. You may want to consider using this Scizor set:

Scizor @Choice Band, Nature:Adamant, Ability:Technician, 252HP/252Att/4SpD
Moves: Bullet Punch, Superpower, Pursuit, U-Turn

This Set will help you to nail Choice locked Lati@s and to lure out hidden power fire on Calm Mind versions. This well help you bring in Volcarona if hazards are off the field. This Scizor set will also help to nail other psychics without Hidden Power fire, and provide a great check to speed boosting Pokes like Terrakion, and Salamence.

This team looks like it has good potential, I wish you all the best on the ladder
and in the Smogon Tour. I hope these suggestions help!

Thanks a lot for Rates, I add this.

Iron plate on scizor isn't quite as good as choice band as it only boosts bullet punch. why not use left overs since you are using swords dance?

I don't use the SD because the CB is better with Rotom-W. This set is a lure for surprise so Leftovers aren't a good idea.

Can i just say that picture of metagross is awesome.

Don't have time for a full rate but i can see this team relies heavily on starmie using rapid spin, therefore you need it to survive for as long as possible so you might want to place recover over one of the coverage moves so it can come in on hazards, spin, recover, and switch. I'd also place leftovers on starmie for extra survivability.

Can i just say that picture of metagross is awesome.

Don't have time for a full rate but i can see this team relies heavily on starmie using rapid spin, therefore you need it to survive for as long as possible so you might want to place recover over one of the coverage moves so it can come in on hazards, spin, recover, and switch. I'd also place leftovers on starmie for extra survivability.
For this, it was a long hesitation but I chose Life Orb for OHKO Gengar and 2HKO Jellicent. But, I think, Leftovers can be a good idea so I put there. Thanks a lot for your rate. I change images because they are big.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Solid team, dragonnite. Here are a few suggestions.

Attach Occa Berry on Metagross and give it 193 Speed, so it can move before Calm Heatran and guarantee to survive a Modest Heatran's Fire Blast and set up Rocks / remove Heatran with EQ. You may take away from its HP EVs to raise its Speed.

Try Grass Knot over Thunderbolt and attaching Expert Belt on Starmie. A successful Rapid Spin is crucial to this team. Grass Knot, with a boost from Expert Belt, achieves the 2HKO on Jellicent where Thunderbolt fell short. Grass Knot also allows Starmie to 2HKO Gastrodon as well, which would otherwise halt your Volt-turn combination and easily burn or poison your team. Losing Thunderbolt makes Starmie less adept at dispatching Water-type mons such as Rotom-W and Tentacruel, but you could rely on your own Rotom-W's Thunderbolt / Volt Switch for this.

Lose Choice Band on Scizor and use a Swords Dance Scizor instead. First, it prevents Magnezone from setting up Charge Beams on Scizor locked into Bullet Punch and proceed to take out a 3rd of your team. More importantly, SD Scizor provides you the wall-breaking capabilities to allow Dragonite to sweep later in the match. Volcarona can indeed switch into Steel-types, but no smart opponent would leave it out against Volcarona. Scizor, however, does a good job at luring and destroying physically defensive Steels with a SD-boosted Superpower. Iron Plate or Life Orb still provides Scizor with enough revenge-killing power even without Choice Band.

I hope this rate was helpful. Have fun with this team :)

Solid team, dragonnite. Here are a few suggestions.

Attach Occa Berry on Metagross and give it 193 Speed, so it can move before Calm Heatran and guarantee to survive a Modest Heatran's Fire Blast and set up Rocks / remove Heatran with EQ. You may take away from its HP EVs to raise its Speed.

Try Grass Knot over Thunderbolt and attaching Expert Belt on Starmie. A successful Rapid Spin is crucial to this team. Grass Knot, with a boost from Expert Belt, achieves the 2HKO on Jellicent where Thunderbolt fell short. Grass Knot also allows Starmie to 2HKO Gastrodon as well, which would otherwise halt your Volt-turn combination and easily burn or poison your team. Losing Thunderbolt makes Starmie less adept at dispatching Water-type mons such as Rotom-W and Tentacruel, but you could rely on your own Rotom-W's Thunderbolt / Volt Switch for this.

Lose Choice Band on Scizor and use a Swords Dance Scizor instead. First, it prevents Magnezone from setting up Charge Beams on Scizor locked into Bullet Punch and proceed to take out a 3rd of your team. More importantly, SD Scizor provides you the wall-breaking capabilities to allow Dragonite to sweep later in the match. Volcarona can indeed switch into Steel-types, but no smart opponent would leave it out against Volcarona. Scizor, however, does a good job at luring and destroying physically defensive Steels with a SD-boosted Superpower. Iron Plate or Life Orb still provides Scizor with enough revenge-killing power even without Choice Band.

I hope this rate was helpful. Have fun with this team :)
Thanks a lot for rates, I add this later. At first, I played SD Scizor with Iron Plate but peoples Rated My team and would remove for a SD set. Thanks to Grass knot, Gastrodon is abig threat.

EDIT : I add changements, thanks a lot Pocket.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When I meant 193 Speed on Metagross, I meant the actual stat, NOT EVs.

It only needs 68 Spe EVs to reach 193 Speed to outrun Calm Heatran.

Tell me if the changes were helpful after playing with with your team. If it happen to not work out, we can think of some other changes.

When I meant 193 Speed on Metagross, I meant the actual stat, NOT EVs.

It only needs 68 Spe EVs to reach 193 Speed to outrun Calm Heatran.

Tell me if the changes were helpful after playing with with your team. If it happen to not work out, we can think of some other changes.
Thanks a lot Pocket, changes are really useful for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)