Friday the 13th

So yeah, another Friday the 13th. Isn't it ironic for a month to have the supposed "luckiest" day of the century but also to have the "unluckiest" day as well? I don't really believe in luck, so it doesn't matter to me, but some people do go to certain extremes for these 2 days. I heard many people got married on 7/7/07 and some women even tried to force themselves into labor. On the other hand, some people have avoided going out in public and also are carrying good luck charms around their whole body to ward off this "bad luck" for today.

Has anything lucky/unlucky ever happened to you on this day (Not just today, but any Friday 13th)?

Personally, everyday is pretty much the same for me as far as luck goes. Maybe it's because I don't believe in it, but whatever, no harm to me right?

er i was born on friday the 13th in september (91). only bad thing that has happened was ironic as it occured on my birthday on friday the 13th. broke my foot during lunch playing football e_e

other than that nothing!

I heard many people got married on 7/7/07
Yeah, I can't remember what the number was but I was talking with my boss and my supervisors and some of my coworkers about the weird shit that was happening that day since we were really dead and my boss threw out some ridiculous number of marriages that were apparently happening that day, I can't recall exactly what it was but it was unreal.

Another bad anecdote is that while it didn't happen on 7/7/7 which would have been much cooler, one of my best friends became an uncle today on Friday the thirteenth... another Freddy is coming, clearly.

But as far as good/bad luck happening on these days, I've never had it happen. My luck is terrible all the time, I don't need any particular day to tell me that!

Let's see...

Yesterday, when I was about to walk my dog, my foot hit a mirror that was leaning against the wall. Three cuts... When I was coming back from the walk, some yippy dog barks at him. He starts fidgeting and lands on the cuts (I was wearing sandals by the way). Three wounds. My sister in law (who is in her residency) gives me some bandage thing, in which it had sharp pins. Because I had to limp, the bandage slowly fell off my right foot. When it try to reattach it, the pin pops my middle finger's skin. After we went out to eat, he wants to play. I had to stay on the floor because my older brother had a 99 degree Fahrenheit fever. He steps on my right hand, and loses his balance and cuts it.

Earlier today, the said dog wanted to play again, when I was sleeping (on the floor). He is a bulldog so his balance kind of sucks. Anyway, he first stepped on my left calve and slipped, and with his sharp nails, he cuts it...

Nothing happened on 7/7/07 though.

Luck is overrated, except in pokemon.
I do not believe in such stuff but Indians are crazy about this and numerology and stuff, it annoys me.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Indians are superstitious people in general so there's a lot of this stuff going on. Not really Friday the 13th but other stuff. 'Jotshis' or astrologers who can tell you whats going to happen in your life by seeing when you were born etc are pretty common. So are face-readers and palm-readers. Usually its a scam but sometimes they have unsettling accuracy (I've known a couple of people who're bang on target each time, its scary really).

Anyway, numerology isn't really that common but I generally don't believe in stuff like this.

42! (except this)

er i was born on friday the 13th in september (91). only bad thing that has happened was ironic as it occured on my birthday on friday the 13th. broke my foot during lunch playing football e_e

other than that nothing!
Heh, I was born on the same day, except for a year before you and it was a Thursday back then.

I don't believe that there's anything special in Friday 13th. People believe that it's unlucky, so usually people act in a manner, which might cause them to be unlucky, so they can carry on the tradition. And when something supposedly unlucky happens, they blame the day even though it could've been just any other day.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Outside of my dad coming home EARLY while I had my current female interest over (nothing was going on, my dad just really doesn't like me having "female company" in the house when no one is home >_> ), my day spent with her so far has been grand. Beach, park, romantic kisses, all that jazz.

I just hope my day doesn't go to shit if my parental units decide to rant and rave about how I'm "doing whatever the fuck I want to", like they've been doing lately =[

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nope, my day has been just fine, I woke up free from a hangover then hung out with my friends then chilled out with my guitar :)

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
mmm I have drinking on the agenda tonight! Reminds me, anyone whose number I had before, I need it again, I lost my last phone, and therefore, have none of your numbers to call when I'm inebriated...

on 7/7/07 me nad my friends chilled drank and ordered a bunch of 7 7 7 deals from dominos. Its the same thing we did with 5/5/05.

So far nothing bad has happened just smoked a little tree. Got mad scared though since i wasn't paying attention and the wind blew my bag away but i found it after like 5 min of looking. But that was the worst yet.

i unno somehow i saw 6/6/06 as a bigger deal than 7/7/07...did anyone get married on 6/6/06? =]
My Ex-girlfriend's B-day was on that day...for some reason I thought something bad would happen to her (like that one movie with that Satanic prodigy...i think it was The Omen)

My internet was out until 3 PM today.

It really sucked, too.

I don't really believe in Friday the 13th, though...

I had a pretty good day, at work they thought I had a lot more to do than I actually did so I was able to take it easy and still impress the boss by finishing on time.

Don't care about 7/7/07, but my nephew was born on 5/5/05, so that's one birthday I should never forget!

Just a normal day for me,nothing really bad happened.About the medium thing I have an anecdote about that,this happened in my own fammilly!My aunt went to a cardlayer when here daughter was pregnant.The cardlayer predicted death for the baby or the mother(he wasn't sure who would die),the baby was born dead...At the same time my father had a constant bad feeling about the whole thing.

oh my gosh! thinking about 06/06/06 and 07/07/07 reminds me that the beijing olympics being on 08/08/08 at 08:08:08 all because eight is a homonym for fortune

but yeah. i just wanted to add that

Was on an airplane on the 13th, apparently nothing happened as I'm here posting today. On the 7th? I peed blood in my pants.

I don't really believe in luck, though, usually something bad happens on my birthday.

On the thursday I had a job interview, got lost within the company building and didnt get to it on time. Then friday comes i get a phonecall, they want to try interview me again. So I turned up casually dressed, and got the job.

Later on in the day I won 20 pound on a scratch card. Conincidence? Or is this luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)