From Deep Within Comes the Beast

The Inspiration and Synopsis

Hey everybody, DEMo_Gorgon here with my third (I think) RMT. So after looking at the RMT's of Apocolypse and Wreck and Destroy, I was inspired to try and become #1 too. But I was sick and tired of seeing the same 4 pokemon on all the successful teams. So here, I decided to take the best of each Pokemon in the two other RMT's and use a different pokemon in its place that serves a similar funtion. Also, this team then evolved into being based around SD Lucario. Unfortunately for me, I lack proper skills at both battling and team building so I have run into a fair bit of trouble. But alas, I shall forge ahead and hope that someday I will overcome these challenges and get to that #1 spot. So here it is, the "Dream" Team.

The Team

In Depth

Jirachi (-) @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP/224 SpD/32 Spe
Moves:
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Stealth Rock​

Watch as the sacred Jirachi descends down from the heavans, granting the wishes of all who appeal to it. Jirachi is pretty much my only defensive player, and my twist on the Deoxys-D lead (or rather, anti-twist). With good typing and stats, it sets the pace of battles, usually in my favor (keeping the battle in my favor is a different story). Basically your standard SpD Jirachi and the Pokemon I lead with pretty much all the time. It sets up Stealth Rock, spreads paralysis, and basically just annoys the hell out of the opponent. It has the standard EV spread, and I am pretty happy with it. Only real change would be B Slam to T-Wave. Also, I unfortunately dont use Wish much, so maybe there is another move?

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Taunt​

Fear the mighty roar of Gyarados. He is meant to serve as the "Dragonite" of the team. This is one of my major threats on the team. He rocks the Standard Bulky DDance set and it works perfectly for him. Gyarados provides good resistances, the ability to survive plently of hits, set up, or general wreck havock, and he also stops other Pokemon from setting up with Taunt. He is an excellent Pokemon even outside of rain, and despite Gyarados falling out of favor, he is still and incredible force to be reckoned with.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus (is Justified legal?)
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Sword Dance
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed
-Bullet Punch​

Feel the aura pulse through the veins of battle as Lucario immobilizes his foes with sheer force of will. Ah yes, the big player of the team, Lucario, and my version of "Scizor." Sporting great typing, with great resistances that enable me to survive plenty of attacks, great offenses, and a great movepool, Lucario is a truly underrated and forgotten Pokemon. Here is the basic gist of this guy, switch in to a Pokemon that doesnt threaten you -- i.e. a Scizor locked into Pursuit-- set up a Sword Dance, and proceed to sweep. It is really as simple as that, and Lucario is EXTREMELY good at it. After just one SD boost, I can usually OHKO about all Pokemon that get in my way. You may look and say "why the hell do you have Bullet Punch?" Simply put, it is because of Terrakion. Without it, I would be forced out. And that is something I dont want. Lucario thrives on getting into the battle and staying there, and Bullet Punch provides the perfect answer to Terrakion, as well as a Choice Scarf T-Tar, and even a Frosslass if need be. Basically, Bullet Punch is staying, no if's, and's, or but's about it.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-HP Fire
-Surf
-Trick​

Dont blink or you'll miss Latios fly by a sonic speeds, ravaging the battle field from the air. My teams dedicated revenge killer and the Pokemon who doesnt need to rely on setting up to attack, and a I guess it would be a mixture of both Rotom-W & Infernape/Terrakion. Surprisingly, this guy doesnt net as many KO's as Gyarados or Lucario. Aside from revenge killing, his main funtion is to be a ground immunity, and a have good synergy with lucario (and Gyarados to some extent.) In terms of moves, I usually use Surf or HP Fire, while Draco Meteor is seldomly used. Trick is for obvious reasons. Another niche Latios has it to be a death fodder. It takes (and dies from) a choice-locked Scizor Pursuit. I quickly follow by sending out Lucario who sets up and sweeps. By that point, revenge killing isn't needed much. But I am quite happy with the results from Latios, and dont expect it to be leaving from this team any time soon.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-HP Grass
-Dragon Pulse​

Fear the heat of the volcanoe as Heatran scorches its foes with its inferno filled rage... This is another psuedo Rotom-W Heatran was placed here to help a little with sun teams (a HUGE thorn in my side), and my fire weakness in general. It has been playing pretty well, I just need to make sure my Balloon stays intact. All in all, t has helped.

Celebi (-) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP/220 SpA/36 Spe
Moves:
-Nasty Plot
-Giga Drain
-HP Fire
-Earth Power​

From the depths of time appears the Spirit of the Forest, ensuring that your time on Earth is shortened to her liking. Yep, my Nasty Plot Celebi. She is my Rain counter. Providing useful resistances to water, grass, and electric attacks. The main issue I would have is speed, but I also want it to retain bulk and offensive power... it's a tough issue I admit. But in truth I am pleased, and it is a useful team.
Old Members

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Moves:
-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focuse Blast​

From the Shadows he looms, luring in his prey to seal their doom. And though they fight to stay alive, their bodies start to shiver, for no mere mortal can resist, the evil of... the... GENGAR!! *meniacle laugh*. Anyway, this is my-- well Gengar. It is the only pokemon that is the same on both Apocalypse and Wreck and Destroy. Granted, we all know why, it is a major troll, and is good at it too. I usually love Gengar, and I am very good a using them (they have been a member of 3 of my teams so far), but idk, he just isnt working now. Sure he has a useful immunity to both Fighting AND Ground, both of which are very much appreciated, but still, much like Heatran, Gengar has left something to be desired, and any suggestions of replacement will be taken.

(P.S, I have terrible luck, so dont reckomend Hypnosis, cause it would just miss for me).

Well that's really it. Namely, this team has trouble with Sun Teams (especially Volcarona... and Venasaur to a lesser extent.) I also have issues with Rotom-W, I have no real way of getting around it except trying to set up while it switches in. There are probably other pokemon who will wreck this team, but that's what I hope to solve. I am really quite pleased with teams start, and really want to see it improve, so thanks for reading and I hope you can help me out.​

-DEMo_Gorgon47​

P.S. Feel free to try this team out it you want, maybe using it will help you get a better feel on how to rate it. Thanks again ^_^​

P.S.S- Changes are in RED

Hi, nice team you have here.

On Gyarados, I recommend replacing Taunt with Substitute. This will be an enormous help against Rotom-W (who often carries Volt Switch) and provide a nice defensive buffer in general.

Your Lucario's moveset is entirely legal with Justified, so by all means, use that.

In general, Leftovers is better than Black Sludge (due to opposing Trick users).

Aside from that, I can't really think of anything that might help you here. Good luck getting to #1!

Hey thanks for the rate! (first one)! I tried using Justified in PO on the Smogon Server, but immediately put me into DW OU, meh, dark type attacks arent to common, so that's an issue for later.

Black Sludge has really never been an issue, especially since Gengar is usally behind a Substitute. Though in all honesty I'd much rather get rid of it and replace it with something to help me take on weather teams. I was thinking Virizion or Celebi.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario really appreciates Extremespeed but since you say you aren't changing its moveset, I guess its not gonna happen. On Gengar keep Black Sludge, if your opponent uses Trick on Gengar then they are left with a useless item taking away 1/16 of their HP per turn. One major threat to this team is DD Dragonite with Earthquake. If your Latios has already tricked away his scarf, DDNite outspeeds and OHKOs your entire team. Even if Latios still has its Scarf, i don't think Scarfed Draco OHKOs through Multiscale. To try to fix this weekness I would replace Heatran with LO Mamoswine. LO Manoswine helps check the many Dragon types in OU and also gives you another form of priority which is very important

Jirachi seems the weakest part of the team to me especially if you use him as a lead. There are better leads in the game and most of them can outspeed and 1HKO Jirachi.
I don't know much about your playstyle but it seems for me you either lose your Jirachi really fast or you are forced to switch him out first turn.
Since you have a Heatran in your team that also can run Stealth Rock, you should put him to the lead possition and go Stealth Rock > Dragon Pulse.
That being said, you should remove Stealth Rock from Jirachi and replace it with Protect. With + Protect gives you not only additional Leftover recovery + Wish can also heal your team members a better way. I also suggest running Thunder-Wave > Body Slam on Jirachi just because its the better move and the target will get 100% paralyzed.

Body Slam is bad because 1.) the target might not get paralyzed 2.), it does not flinch the target like Iron head does and your Main Attack on Jirachi is Iron Head already so there is no need for Body Slam.

A paralyzed opponent that you gonna attack with Iron Head over and over again will be either flinched (60%) or paralyzed.
That means most of the time your opponent cannot do anything. At the same time you are able to heal your team members. Hope it helped.

Hi,

to be honest I fail to see your problems with Volcarona, since both Gyarados and Heatran can take it easily, and if you've got SR up in addition it is has serious problems switching on anything except Jirachi.
Venusaur is another story, though.
One thing that came to my mind as I looked over your 4 core pokemon was,
why don't you play with rain ? Both Jirachi und Lucario lose one of their weaks, while Gyara and Latios profit from it in offensive ways.
This might solve your sun-team issue as well, since you would have the opportunity to override opposing weather, which is good.
The problem is, your team is already Roton-W weak and adding in Drizzletoad over Gengar or Heatran will push it further in an undesired direction.

Just a consideration, if you change Heatran to Politoed
you might also change Lucario for either NP Celebi or SD Virizion to keep
yourself a strong stat-up sweeper, that profits from rain and doesn't care a lot about Rotom-W.
But this changes the core idea of your team too much, does it ?

Hey thanks for all the rates guys

@Novaray: Mamaswine would compound my weakness of fighting & fire, leaving me with almost no way to tackle sun teams. Actually, I havent had much trouble with DNite, because normally I have rocks on the field.

@Aichan: I agree that Body Slam needs to go, and Thunder Wave should be used, I'll switch that right away. Though I do agree that Jirachi is a bit weak for this team... anyone have any suggestions on a different Stealth Rock lead? (That is not named Deoxys-D). Because Heatran has other more important functions than to lose his balloon trying to set up stealth rock (I'm looking at you, Volcaron & Venasaur)

Hi,

to be honest I fail to see your problems with Volcarona, since both Gyarados and Heatran can take it easily, and if you've got SR up in addition it is has serious problems switching on anything except Jirachi.
Venusaur is another story, though.
One thing that came to my mind as I looked over your 4 core pokemon was,
why don't you play with rain ? Both Jirachi und Lucario lose one of their weaks, while Gyara and Latios profit from it in offensive ways.
This might solve your sun-team issue as well, since you would have the opportunity to override opposing weather, which is good.
The problem is, your team is already Roton-W weak and adding in Drizzletoad over Gengar or Heatran will push it further in an undesired direction.

Just a consideration, if you change Heatran to Politoed
you might also change Lucario for either NP Celebi or SD Virizion to keep
yourself a strong stat-up sweeper, that profits from rain and doesn't care a lot about Rotom-W.
But this changes the core idea of your team too much, does it ?
@Voidzone: Venasaur has caused some problems (but so have sun teams in general.) My main way of countering is with Latios. It HP Fires, and I believe that under the sun that KO's, and if it doesnt hopefully Lucario is alive for a priority attack. Also, if Heatran still has Air Balloon, it works as a decent Check.

Lucario is a must for this team, because not only was it centred around him, he poses as a massive threat to many teams. But I was considering removing Gengar for either NP/CM Celebi or CM Virizion. (maybe a CM variant, not to sure though.)

I'm still rather anti-weather, so Politoed is a no.

Disagree on your Jirachi weakness, but if you still think so, this guy can do better:

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Technician
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Superpower / Quick Attack​

Power. 'Nuff said. I usually run double priority (+QA is to surprise Volcanora lol) but since you already run ES on Lucario, I bet Superpower will do praying you outspeed some variant of Magnezone.

For your SR lead, just change Dragon Pulse of your Heatran into Stealth Rock and HP Grass into HP Ice for dragons.

Other than that, nice team!

Hehehe, I was the one who helped you realize your Sun weakness :)

The only issue I see is that this is almost counter-teaming me D:

Jirachi < Celebii perhaps?

Celebii gets SR, U-Turn, Giga Drain, and Psychic. Add a LO and you can deal a good amount of damage :)

Keep up the hard work DEMo :D

@ Vein: I agree, after playing around a bit, Jirachi is doing very well, I dont think I need to change him, though I am still open for suggestions. (I would do Heatran, but it's just so risky, because some players go for damage right off the bat, and I dont want to lose that Balloon).

@ KS: I have taken your suggestion, but instead of removing Jirachi I have switched out Gengar for a NP Celebi, and I feel it has worked with much success.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Very nice team there bro! My only advice to hone your battling skills is to keep record of every lost battle and try to identify your mistakes, as well as the pokemons that troubled you. Your team looks very solid but tbh it isnt the best.

Scarf Latios is too easily trapped by Tyranitar. My first suggestion comes in changing your Scarf Latios to a Scarf Moxie Salamence.

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) or Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Fire Fang / Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
Scarf Salamence complements with Lucario as both can pave the way for their sweeps each other, Salamence might be able to remove pokemons like Reuniclaus, Jellicent, Gengar, etc. Salamence also outspeeds +1 Dragonite and KOs with Dragon Claw or Outrage after SR. To add more, for every kill Salamence gets a boost which it is not difficult when using Salamence since some people send death fodders.

I dont really like Taunt + DD Gyarados because it has less chances to sweep than a SubDD who has higher chances. To be honest, Gyarados gets easily revenged killed when it tries to sweep and needs a core-support to pull it out. If you are running Scarf Moxie Mence, I suggest to replace Gyarados with LO Starmie:

Starmie (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Care
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Recover
With a Life Orb equipped, Starmie has a high chance to OHKO standard Scizor with Hydro Pump after SR (74.3% - 87.8%). Also, because of the raw power of the Life Orb, most precautious players will avoid switching a Ghost-type to Starmie, considering it can OHKO or 2HKO with the right move. Rapid Spin will not only increase Salamence´s longevity but considering your team is vulnerable to Spikes, it does a huge favor at removing them from the field.

As my final suggestion, I back up what Aichan said about changing Dragon Pulse over Stealth Rock, and replace the same move on Jirachi for Protect instead. Heatran is way better at setting up rocks and if you prefer to hit pokemons, just spam its attacks.

EDIT: I would like to add, you should replace Hidden Power Grass on Heatran, for Hidden Power Ice. Since you got a Celebi, which is a perfect counter to Gastrodon no matter what he does, HP Ice will allow you to check DD Dragonite and it also OHKOs Gliscor without relying on Fire Blast´s accuracy

On the other hand, because Wish will increase your team-mates life span, Protect gives Jirachi a more reliable recovery and it also scouts Trick from pokemons like Rotom-w.

I hope my changes aren´t too drastic for you. Im really glad to hear that mostwanted and I inspired you to create this team, but dont forget about your MVP and purpose. If your purpose is to sweep with Lucario, find the best team-mates that will ease his sweep. I don´t want to sound hard but dont try to focus it on our teams because they have completely different purposes than yours. I hope my suggestions helped you and good luck with the ladder. With some effort and patience I´m sure you will reach #1 :D! Good luck with it :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)