move 1: Trick
move 2: Taunt / Destiny Bond
move 3: Spikes
move 4: Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This Froslass can be used as a makeshift anti-lead. The main advantage this set has over other similarly fashioned sets is the fact that with 110 base Speed, Froslass is able to outrun a large chunk of the UU metagame. Undoubtedly you would be skeptical on why to equip a Choice Scarf to something already as speedy as Froslass. The reason is Trick, which has given Froslass a more effective way of dealing with walls, by shutting their versatility down.</p>

<p>The main idea to this set is to severely limit the opponents choice of attacks by forcing the opponent to hold Choice Scarf via Trick. Taunt is to prevent these walls from setting up their particular entry hazards in front of you. Taunt works well in tandem with the immunities/resistances Froslass' unique typing provides, thereby giving you an easier time setting up Spikes. Destiny Bond acts as a last move insurance with which you could potentially bring down another of your opponent's Pokémon. Finally Ice Beam is worth considering over Taunt as another STAB move or it can even replace Shadow Ball as your primary attack. Allowing Froslass to hit normal types the likes of Clefable while still hitting spinners like Claydol for supereffective damage.</p>

<p>Max Speed + Choice Scarf gives Froslass a Speed stat of 525, enough to outspeed everything below +2 base 70s. This makes her the fastest Trick user in UU.</p>

Thanks have a nice day ^^.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Take THAT misaki! I tried to fix spelling ad grammar without touching your style, but if you want me to critique that more I can. Sorry in the places that I did, couldn't help myself.

[SET]
name: TrickLass
move 1: Trick
move 2: Taunt / Ice Beam
move 3: Spikes
move 4: Shadow Ball
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>An anti-lead of sorts, the main advantage(?) this set has over other similarly fashioned sets (on what? other pokemon? other froslass?) is the fact that with 110 base Speed, Froslass is able to outrun a large chunk of the UU metagame. Undoubtedly one (don't address the reader directly in writing; sounds informal) would be skeptical on why you would add a Choice Scarf to something already as speedy as Froslass. The reason is Trick. The new addition brought on by Platinum has given Froslass an even more effective way of crippling walls: by shutting their versatility down. (reword the last sentence, it's gramatically correct but awkward)</p>

<p>The main idea to this set is to severely limit the opponents choice of attacks by forcing the opponent to hold Choice Scarf via Trick. Taunt is to prevent these walls from setting up their particular entry hazard/s in front of you. Taunt works well in tandem with the immunities/resistances Froslass' unique typing provides, thereby giving you an easier time of setting up Spikes. Ice Beam is an option over Taunt as another STAB move, however the coverage it gives isn't great so Taunt is the recommended option for the second slot.</p>

<p>Max Speed + Choice Scarf gives Froslass a Speed stat of 525, enough to outspeed everything below +2 base 70s. This makes her the fastest Trickster in UU.</p>

Thanks have a nice day ^^.

<p>This Froslass can be used as a makeshift anti-lead. The (it sounded..awkward, with the comma then a part which sounds like it should be its own sentence)main advantage this set has over other similarly fashioned sets is the fact that with 110 base Speed, Froslass is able to outrun a large chunk of the UU metagame. Undoubtedly you would be skeptical on why to equip a Choice Scarf to something already as speedy as Froslass. The reason is Trick, which (read GS's announcement, don't say "new addition Platinum etc")has given Froslass a more effective way of dealing with("dealing with" over "crippling" in this situation) walls, by shutting their versatility down.</p>

<p>The main idea to this set is to severely limit the opponents choice of attacks by forcing the opponent to hold Choice Scarf via Trick. Taunt is to prevent these walls from setting up their particular entry hazards (I'm pretty sure you can just use hazards not hazard/s) in front of you. Taunt works well in tandem with the immunities/resistances Froslass' unique typing provides, thereby giving you an easier time (removed of)setting up Spikes. Ice Beam is an option over Taunt as another STAB move, however the coverage it gives isn't great so Taunt is the recommended option for the second slot.</p>

<p>Max Speed + Choice Scarf gives Froslass a Speed stat of 525, enough to outspeed everything below +2 base 70s. This makes her the fastest Trick user in UU.</p>

Read GS' thread editing all the sets I've posted that mentioned something similar to that. Thanks Twash.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
After using this on about three UU teams, I've decided that Ice Beam is worth slashing alongside Shadow Ball. I really did not enjoy being walled by Clefable and Ice Beam still hits two of the most common UU Spinners (Claydol / Sandslash) for super effective damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)