Full Offensive Team! (Peaked 1800)

Hello guys, this is my second RMT thread, and I'll love to have some help from you!
My lastest team was pretty nice, but I lost too much time/offensive presence setting hazards up, to a Mandibuzz Defog all my work out, in matter of seconds. That's why I decided to go for a full offensive team, with no hazard setters (and possibly no rapid spinner, but this I'll get to latter).
I'll /hide my old team, that why you guys can tell if I made a good choice:
Mamoswine@Focus Sash
Jolly - Oblivious
252 Att - 252 Spe - 4 HP
Earthquake
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock
Excadrill@Assault Vest
Adamant - Mold Breaker
252 HP - 252 Att - 4 SpD
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Adamant - Gale Wings
252 Att - 192 HP - 60 Spe - 4 Def
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Roost
Swords Dance
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly - Rough Skin
252 Att - 252 Spe - 4 SpD
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Sword Dances
Dragon Claw
Greninja @ Expert Belt
Hasty -Protean
252 SpA - 252 Speed - 4 SpD
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
U-Turn

Aegislash @ Air Baloon
Adamant - Stace Change
252 Att - 252 HP - 4 Spe
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword
Sword Dance
King's Shield

Enough with the talking, let's go to the team:

Tyranitar@Assault Vest
Sassy - Sand Stream
252 HP - 192 SpD - 64 SpA
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Stone Edge
Pursuit

I almost always lead with Tyranitar. He gets me a huge amount of surprise kills, it's amazing to OHKO Gliscor, Scizor or anything that thinks it can setup on-me, and Pursuit kill after almost destroying Ferrothorn and Forrestres, and he also loves to receive a taunt from a Greninja, and then destroy it too. The amount of bulky he reaches with the Assault Vest+EV Spread is amazing, he can every special hit aimed at him, and everybody always swap to a special attacker, thinking I'm using the standart Wall/SR setter TT. His moves are purely for coverage, and Pursuit allow me to trap a lot of pokemons, which is very nice.The EV spread is copied from one of the analyses threads, and it gives me a huge bulk, while killing a lot of things. Should I sacrifice a couple of bulk, to invest a little bit more in SpA, that way being able to OHKO every physical tank that switches into TT ?

Rotom-Wash@Chesto Berry
Bold - Levitate
252 HP - 252 Def - 4 SpA
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp
Rest

That old same boring RestoChesto set. I know it works, but it's really boring, and Rotom-W is one of the pokemons and willing to switch the most. He is my physical wall, doing his job well, but still gets 2HKO by some physical moves, and with the low speed, and my always just able to burn something (if it hits, because my luck is really bad this days). He's the major Talonflame counter on this team (and on the metagame), he can tank any hit TF aims at him, and just reveng kill it. Rotom-W is a good water type checker, since it can tank Water/Ice moves, and usually revenge kill it. The EV spread/moveset is the standart one, and my main concern is that this is so used nowadays, that besides being boring he's extremally predictable now.

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Jolly - Rough Skin
252 Att - 252 Spe - 4 HP
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stone Edge
Fire Fang

Garchomp is a machine. He was present in almost every team I made, just because he's so damn good. I've used him with a SD build, then tried a Mega-Garchomp one, used a BandedChomp too, but none of them was able to get so many kills than ScarfChomp gets. The usual Garchomp always gets switched out if any ice type, or a pokemon that might have a ice type switches in, or is revenge killed by any fast special sweeper after he's damaged, but ScarfChomp laughs at Gengars/Greninjas/Alakazams switches in. The only problem of course is the locked move issue, that I need to be aware of, but normally it's something you can go around, and just predict to not waste that turn. His moves are just for pure coverage, EdgeQuake combo sharing no resistances, and Fire Fang to destroy walls aimed at him, while Dragon Claw is that huge STAB move, used when your oponent has a flying and a non-flying pokemon remaining. The EV spread is the only possible, and I don't really have nothing bad to say about it, or can see anywhere to change. Iron Head could be an option, but Lucario already has a steel priority move.

Greninja@Life Orb
Hasty - Protean
252 SpA - 252 Spe - 4 Att
Surf
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
U-Turn

Greninja is a really nice late game sweeper, with his fast movepool, and being able to U-Turn out of a unfavorable match-up. I'm using LO to go for full power, and with the Protean bonus, LO is a really nice choice for Greninja. All the moves are for coverage, and U-Turn for that damaging switch-out move. His role in this team is just to be sent in, revenge kill whatever it needs, and U-Turn out, or just keep sweeping if it's possible. He's doing his job pretty well, but when I think about it, it's all kind of 'meh', maybe another special sweeper would be a better choice, but I don't know who to use.

Oh, Lucario <3.

Lucario@Lucarionite
Jolly - Justified
Extreme Speed
Close Combat
Bullet Punch
Swords Dance

Mega-Lucario is a monster. Whenever I know I can safely switch him in, and I predict I switch and use a SD, my oponent will have a hard time stopping it. If I can get a second SD up, well, that's almost gg. Lucario is an amazing pokemon, and his mega evolution just made it better. He has a huge attack stats, with a nice 112 speed, which lets him outspeed a lot of threats. I know running 2 priority moves sounds dumb, but the times I needed Crunch, specially against ghost types, my +2Bullet Punch made the job, and that +2BP can kill almost any Fairy type too. Lucario's role in this team is just to enter, if he can setup-up and just destroy anything that dares to switch in. The +2 priority on Extreme Speed is really nice too, being able to kill Talonflames (if they switch into a CC or BP) when they to kill me with their Gale Wing moves, and a +2 CC can kill anything that doesn't resist it.

Excadrill@Air Ballon
Jolly - Mold Breaker
252 Att - 252 Spe - 4 HP
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Rapid Spin

I was using a Breloom instead of Excadrill, but the lack of a spinner was a couple of match decisive things, that's why I made that change. Excadrill is the best offensive spinner is the game, and with Air Baloon he can safely switch into some threats he wouldn't be able too if he wasnt' protected from a EQ. EdgeQuake is there for coverage, and Earthquake with Mold Breaker prevents from Rotom-W and Gengar switching in, Shadow Claw is there to kill any Trevenant that thinks he can setup on me, while spinblocking me. Excadrill does his job pretty well, spinning threats when I need, and he even saved me sometimes.

Well, this is my team! I'm open to any kind of suggestion, and will appreciate any kind of help you can offer me.

My team doesn't really have (not anyone I can think of) a pokemon that can't be stopped by the ones I used, but I do have a huge Earthquake and Fighting weakness. After Chomp is down, Breloom can take through my whole team, and Excadrill can do it too, if Greninja is away too...

Last edited:
as for your questions with tyranitar, I would definitely suggest running stone edge, as the dual coverage with dard doesn't help you very much, One thing you could do to rotom to make it more interesting is to switch out rest for pain split and give it leftovers, It's still a pretty good form of recover and the leftovers really help it and pain split can also be a great way to deal damage to things that rotom usually cannot touch ( such as thundurus quagsire and gastrodon )

as for your questions with tyranitar, I would definitely suggest running stone edge, as the dual coverage with dard doesn't help you very much, One thing you could do to rotom to make it more interesting is to switch out rest for pain split and give it leftovers, It's still a pretty good form of recover and the leftovers really help it and pain split can also be a great way to deal damage to things that rotom usually cannot touch ( such as thundurus quagsire and gastrodon )
Thanks for the suggestion ! Already changed TTar's Crunch to Stone Edge, and will give a try on this Rotom-W set...

Your common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting might be problematic but your team seems solid outside of that. Why not Stealth Rock over Pursuit on Tyranitar? I understand your reasoning for Pursuit but having opportunities to set up SR might prove more useful for racking up damage. Also Life Orb instead of Expert Belt on Greninja might be better, despite LO recoil. Could be the difference between a kill or no kill, plus you have U-Turn to get out of threatening situations.

Your common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting might be problematic but your team seems solid outside of that. Why not Stealth Rock over Pursuit on Tyranitar? I understand your reasoning for Pursuit but having opportunities to set up SR might prove more useful for racking up damage. Also Life Orb instead of Expert Belt on Greninja might be better, despite LO recoil. Could be the difference between a kill or no kill, plus you have U-Turn to get out of threatening situations.
Excadrill after Chomp and Greninja are down can almost OHKO my whole team, and Breelom is a really pain in the ass too.
About the SR, I can't use SR, because I'm using Assault Vest. I'dnt trade the Assault Vest boost for SR, don't think it's worth it...
And I'll go for LO in Greninja
Thanks for the suggestions !

I would suggest running Earthquake over BP/ES on Luke since you get completely walled by Aegi.

Just a heads up. You said there were no resists to EdgeQuake. Virizuon and Breloom (and some others I can't remember) do resist both.

I would suggest running Earthquake over BP/ES on Luke since you get completely walled by Aegi.

Just a heads up. You said there were no resists to EdgeQuake. Virizuon and Breloom (and some others I can't remember) do resist both.
Thanks! I'll try it over ES.
And yes, a couple of them are, and Breloom is a main bitch to my team :(

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Naive Nature
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Try this set for Lucario, you are gonna have a rough time with Azumarill honestly. Any bulky fairy I can see you having it difficult switching into. This setup gives you a way around that at the least. I also think you need some form of a special sweeper, while, your team is already physically tough so I think this might be benficial to use as a somewhat mixed sweeper more special focused. Also very unpredictable, nobody ever sees it coming.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Naive Nature
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Close Combat
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Try this set for Lucario, you are gonna have a rough time with Azumarill honestly. Any bulky fairy I can see you having it difficult switching into. This setup gives you a way around that at the least. I also think you need some form of a special sweeper, while, your team is already physically tough so I think this might be benficial to use as a somewhat mixed sweeper more special focused. Also very unpredictable, nobody ever sees it coming.
Thanks for the suggestion! I really like it, actually, I have already tried it and it worked. The main problem with it, is the lack of priority, but I'll keep trying it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)