Full Out Offense Team (DW Uber)

This is a FULL OUT OFFENSE team, so hang on to your Focus Sashes!
I wanted to model this team around Darkrai (my favorite poke) and Skymin (something I wanted to test that has worked for me).

I needed a physical sweeper, so why not EKiller Arceus?

I wanted to include Mewtwo, one of the fastest Ubers.

I wanted a Zekrom because it takes care of a lot of threats I've seen (Blissey).

KYOGRE COUNTER.

EKiller Arceus didn't really function that well, so I replaced it with a Krookodile, then a Salamence.

SD Latios was more powerful than Mewtwo (except for speed).

Ferrothorns… And Zekrom became somewhat redundant.

There we have it, now it's time for more in-depth.

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Substitute (or Ice Beam?)
- Nasty Plot

LEAD
This team is (supposed to be) modeled around the lead Darkrai. (Darkrai is the lead assuming Wifi Clause is off. If it is on, I will typically put a different lead). Typically, Darkrai follows one progression: Dark Void + Substitute+ Nasty Plot+ Dark Void+ Nasty Plot+ Dark Pulse, and then Dark Pulse sweep. (Assuming opponent sleeps two turns.) With a Focus Sash, it can survive a SuperPower from a Deoxys- A/S after being Taunted, then kill it. Substitute may be replaced by Ice Beam for better coverage (Ferrothorn anyone?). EV spread and nature is pretty simple, based to outspeed as much as possible.

Shaymin-S @ Choice Specs
Trait: Serene Grace
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

CHOICE SWEEPER
Again, basic EV spread and nature to outspeed stuff. Choice Specs is pretty amazing, allowing Shaymin to wipe a team out even if it has numerous resistances (Seed Flare on a 0.5x damage). Shaymin has 6-0ed teams for me. Its attacks are for maximum coverage, with HP Ice and CSpecs common dragons are destroyed easily. This guy doesn't have many resistances, so he's a REVENGE KILLER ONLY.

Salamence (M) @ Draco Plate
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

MOXIE SWEEPER
Well, this was originally a Krookodile, but then I realized Salamence had all better base stats. With Moxie, Salamence's sweeping power is only boosted after it kills the enemy. After one DD, Salamence can sweep a lot of stuff with its attacks. Dragon Dance allows it to outspeed threats that may have higher Speed. Although Salamence is also vulnerable to Ice, like Shaymin, the times it 6-0es teams are worth it. Draco Plate is for the 20% Dragon type boost.

Reshiram @ Leftovers
Trait: Turboblaze
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast

SUBSWEEPER
Reshiram is the SubSweeper of this team. It has fairly perfect coverage (Everything hit atleast 1x) and with its UNIQUE +SA nature (haven't seen that yet have you?) it can sweep too. This guy hasn't 6-0ed yet, but he has 3-0ed. It was originally a Zekrom, but then Ferrothorns became a problem… now they are taken care of. :) Plus this guy owns Arceus Grass, which was a VERY big problem for me. Also, watch out, Wonder Guard Spiritombs! (jk) Leftovers to heal from Substitute. Under the sun, Blue Flare becomes... epic.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Earth Power
- Surf

KYOGRE OWNER
What were you saying about my team being ScarfOgre weak? ScarfKia is REALLY common, and can absolutely DESTROY a lot of Ubers. Base 100+ Scarf outruns anything besides Scarf Lati@s, but I've only seen one of those in like a year. A lot of my previous teams got wiped by Kyogre. Typically, I'd send out Reshiram, the other guy'd switch to ScarfOgre while I hit it with Blue Flare (useless in rain). Then it'd attempt to Surf/ WS and I switch to Palkia and Thunder. OWNED KYOGRE. Oh yeah, this guy takes care of EKiller Arceus too (hopefully).

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

WEATHER EDITOR
Unusual Groudon isn't it? Invests in SPEED, and has a very akward set. Well, this Groudon is paired with Reshiram (BLUE FLARE). Stealth Rock is to set up, I need atleast one entry hazard, plus SR hits everything except Magic Guard pokes. Swords Dance is to boost attack so I can OHKO with Fire Punch or Earthquake. (Stealth Rock used to be Rock Polish, for obvious reasons. But I changed it until I can get another Stealth Rocker.) Its main job is to change weather... take that you annoying Sand Excadrills!

And that's my team… Suggestions are welcome.
By the way, I use this on Pokemon Online on Smogon Server, in DW Ubers, so fight me and tell me how you really think it is :)

ok, thats a nice team you got there, just some things to say:
1]3 pokemons of your team are weak to stealth rock, which can eliminate them preety fast if you wont do somthing about it.speeking of which, you got no entrey hazard-no SR,spikes-what kind of offensive team is without entrey hazard? it will help you to take down teams more easly.

2] blissey walls your team,5 pokemons in your team are using sp.atks, and blissey will wall them.so you need at least 2 physical sweepers that can destroy blissey, or any other sp.wall.

3] no weather changer, dude, its important to have weather changer, why? lets say that you are facing excadrill under a sandstrom[which tottaly wrecks most of your team] how will you face it? simple, all you got to do is to send out a weather cahnger in order to stop him [i stop him with kyogre or groudon]

and one last thing- thander wave cripples the whole team, it will ruin it, therefore, i reccomend on someone who is capble of ressisting it,a ground type pokemon will do well [and the way i see it, you should consider groudon, since he's changing weather to sun, thander wave wont effect him, he can set up SR and works well with reshiram].

so my point is-groudon will help you-A LOT [for my opinion]

hope i helped =]

About the Groudon... you read my mind. I was having a little problem with those Sand team Excas, so now I have a Groudon. (Reshiram was replaced :()
Blissey- Groudon takes care of Blissey, Skymin Seed Flares it to lower its spdef then kill it (with the drop I can 2hko) and Latios has psyshock. So, that's covered.

whoa, hold on just a minute- dont replace reshiram, groudon and reshiram is a dangerous combo, do you know how much damage can a blue flare under the sun can do?, i say [for my opinion] that you should get rid of latios, i dont really see why do you need him, so for my opinion-use the reshiram groudon combo.

well, you see, if palkia is dead, SD Latias (latias now) is my only protection against Kyogre. But, if I keep Groudon alive... it could work.

I think that overall, your team is pretty good. However, there are some issues that need to be adressed:

1. Substitute isn't really good for Reshiram because it doesn't really fit into the Sub sweeper move set. This poke is supposed to hit hard and fast and therefore, there is no specific need for Substitute in the move set since it won't be there long anyways.

2. Crunch isn't good for Salamence because it doesn't take out a lot of major threats that are imposed to salalemce. Also, with it's fairly low Power compared to the other moves, it won't really do jack to any pokemon.

3. Earth Power is not good for a dragon water pokemon such as Palkia. For me, i would personally rather replace it with Draco Meteor because of the Power and also the speed of which the move takes place. Therefore, I think it should be taken out for Draco Meteor.

Minor Changes

Your Salamence is missing 4 EVs

Set / Pokemon Changes

This GuardianFury lad has got it quite right bout your Palkia. Palkia can run Draco Spacial Rend, however, he's missing a key point here... You have GROUDON. GROUDON = SUN. SUN = WATER ATTACKS CAN GO TO HELL. So here's your new set: Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Thunder (To screw Kyogre's over, then go to groudon to revitalize the sunshine)

He's got it close to the center about Salamence too. Crunch is pretty stupid on Salamence in a metagame where only Mewtwo is weak to it (and it'll outspeed and OHKO you with Ice Beam) So, I'd suggest you run either Fire Blast (and change to Naive nature) or (recommended choice) change to Fire Fang and abuse your moxie like never before.

However, there's one thing I like to point out, I have no idea why you want to use Salamence when there's two superior alternatives: Garchomp and Salamence. Salamence is worthless in terms of a DD set when set with Rayquaza, who has much higher attack and can abuse DD better (unless you're abusing Moxie, in which your Salamence will probably be outsped by scarfies and KOed anyways). ORRRR you could use Garchomp, who has higher attack, much more decent speed, and has STAB on BOTH Dragon Claw and Earthquake

I'd say consider these two guys.

Your Shaymin-S doesn't need to Speced, it's awesome as it is. The power behind your current MOVEPOOL is the ability to alternate moves and KO people with them.

Finally GuardianFury's hit the jackpot, Reshiram doesn't need Substitute. However, his reasoning behind it is not quite correct, this is the correct reasoning IMO. Reshiram is weak to SR (25%) mix that in with a sub and you're down to 50% Therefore, I say, use Flame Charge instead. Here's the reasoning, you walk in, scare an opposing poke away (Ferrothorn, Forry?) Flame Charge to raise your speed, and show your opponent scarfy who's boss now.

Darkrai: Why the hell are you running Nasty Plot with one attack, any resist can come in, setup and laugh as you are forced to switch. Not Ice Beam, FOCUS BLAST, FOCUS BLAST, that brings you full coverage to take out annoying shits like Dialga.

Threats:
DD Rayquaza

Ho, mai man, this guy runs through your team like a hot knife through butter. The second that Palkia is gone, this guy can come in and scare a pokemon away while setting up DD and run through your team easily.

Scare Ogre: NOTHING, I mean NOTHING takes this thing easily after your Palkia is gone. A Scarfed Modest Water Spout OHKOs you after SR damage, don't even talk you me about Groudon, Darkrai doesn't stand a chance, Shaymin-S dies to an Ice Beam before it can even say Fuck, and the same can be applied to Salamence

Solutions

Scarf Darkrai: Change your Darkrai to this baby and your problems are solved.
Here's the definite set we'll have to run

Darkrai@Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest
Thunder
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast

This set is mainly utilized to deal with your counters, DD Rayquaza is instantly outsped and KOed with a well-timed Ice Beam. However, this set does not fully counter Kyogre, you'll be living on the basis that it'll water spout you. After Stealth rock damage, Thunder should do 70-90% damage, and Water Spout will barely touch you, then you can finish it off with any whim you please :)

Well, hope I helped

Just one nitpick

Replace Focus blast on reshiram with flame charge. You said it yourself, he get's perfect coverage anyway. Get reshiram in on something he can force out (ferrothorn etc) and flame charge. Get a good solid hit, and your speed goes up one stage. much better, and you can get an easier sweep. I have 6-0ed teams consistently with this.

Just realised someone else said this :0

your team looks like you just threw a bunch of good pokes together (especially when you look at your team building process). You kave no not one resistance for ice in your whole tteam with 2 x4 weaknesses and 1 x2 weakness; this is a huge problem as once palkia and reshiram have taken some damage scarf mewtwo (or non-scarf if palkia is dead) can tear you apart. Scarf darkrai is an option but you'll have to run timid to outspeed modest scraf mewtwo. Although you can take advaantage of sun and use a chloyphyll user (venasaur outspeeds and sleeps even scarf mewtwo) or a fire type that gets bossted stab and ice resistance (maybe blaziken?). Im sure thats not your teams only weakness but i would ndefinetely think about revisiting your teams type synergy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)