ORAS UU Funkiest Pet Shop (Sylveon Offence)

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
This has nothing to do with the RMT, I'm just in love with this song rn

Hey, everyone! I'm back again, this time with a less memey / gimmicky team, and without a sob story. This time I'm riding the hype wave of all the new drops lol. The first thing I've found about this new meta is that teambuilding, to me at least, is really hard. But this team's seen a lot of success with this squad (and only this squad lol), as my pets have served me very well.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS
-- I wanted to start with Specs Sylveon, what with all the hype it's getting right now. This thing's such a beast, chunking just about anything every time it gets a free switch-in.
-- Picking teammates for Sylveon is pretty straightforward, since its switch-ins are so limited. The first thing I noticed about it was its amazing synergy with the Toxi-Doom core. These two can take care of most of Sylveon's "switch-ins," and give me the ability to revenge kill with Speed + double Sucker Punch. Sylveon puts immense pressure on these two's checks in return. It also provides me with 2 wincons.
-- At this point, I was looking pretty damn weak to Fire, and was in need of hazard removal, so I added Special Defog Mence to the mix. It also gives some wallbreaking presence, as well as a better Fighting resist than Sylveon.
-- I didn't want to lose to DD Mence, I was still missing the all-important rocky rocks, and I wanted a physical wallbreaker to complement Mence. Also a 3rd priority user because why the fuck not? Mamo was the perfect candidate.
-- NGL, I kinda just slapped this thing on the end, but it's very good at what I need it to do, i.e. check Mamo, Mega Aero, Fighting types, and to a lesser extent Entei. It's also a third wincon which is nice. Cress is basically here to patch up all of my defensive shortcomings, spam T-Wave, and shit on stall (which is a theme for this team :v]).
THE SQUAD

FLESH RIBBONS (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

As I mentioned before, Specs Sylveon is the 'mon I built this team around. Don't think it's broken personally, but it's still an incredibly powerful wallbreaker, and I think it's a really healthy addition to the tier, what with offence only having like 2-3 Dragon resists (Coba is not a Dragon resist.) to choose from before the most recent drops, and one of them being neutral to Dark. It's capable of taking huge chunks out of anything that isn't a Steel type, and even then, it can just click B-Pass on them and gain ez momentum. Overall, Sylveon is great at turning momentum in my favor through its ability to force switches, as well as switch in itself, making it a very powerful asset for offence, what with its limited ability to switch in to things. Hyper Voice, Psyshock, and Baton Pass are obligatory, so moveslot #4 is really just icing on the cake. I chose Shadow Ball > HP Fire since I have enough Fire coverage on this team, so I basically decided on the more spammable move (spam is another theme of this team, you'll notice).

Dooby (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch / Taunt / Flame Charge
With Steel types being the primary switch-ins to Sylveon, it makes only sense to pair it with a powerful Fire type. Houndoom provides us with a primary wincon, as well as some much needed Speed, although he is unfortunately our fastest member. If you have any suggestions for faster 'mons to fit on here please let me know. Houndoom is really fun to me not only because it looks fuckin dope, but because it's so flexible with its open 4th moveslot. I decided on Sucker Punch, which is a really underrated option, because it chunks Mega Beedrill (64 Atk Mega Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 171-202 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), as well as other would-be revenge killers, which is really nice because this team is kinda slow for an offence squad. The 64 Atk isn't there to get any particular rolls or anything, just to give it more mmph and to turn potential last 'mon sweeps into death fodder after Rocks. The last 3 slots are obligatory.

Pedro (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

The 3rd dude in our 3 dude core, Toxicroak provides an always-appreciated Water resist, as well as a secondary wincon. He's pretty much always useful, even if he isn't my wincon, since he can just spam Gunk Shot mid-game and / or straight up abuse bulky Waters. It's for this reason that Croak pairs so well with our first 2 boys, since it gives me a safe switch-in to the likes of Suicune, Empoleon, and Vaporeon even Crawdaunt, which can all, to some extent, check them.

TELL ME I'M PRETTY (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Fire Blast

- Roost
A key member on this team, Salamence is an excellent Defogger and wallbreaker, but is primarily used for its defensive utility. You have noticed that 3 of my 3 'mons so far lose to Entei (unless Houndoom's already +2). Mence is here to take care of that, as well as spam Draco and generally soften things up for my wincons. I could swap Roost for Outrage for even more spam, but then I'd lose out on some much-needed staying power, which is necessary considering how limited my main core is in terms of longevity.

Piggie Smalls (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Mamo has great synergy with everyone we've got so far, since it puts a lot of pressure on fat Waters, provides me with a reliable revenge killer (I can only rely on Sucker so much), and most importantly, sets Rocks. I had Jolly for a while, but I haven't missed it since I changed to Ada. Doing 40% to Suicune on the switch is just soooo scrumptious. Despite Mamo's power, however, I have to be relatively conservative with it, since it gets worn down so quickly. Healing Wish on Cress could alleviate this, but then I'd lose a wincon.

Lionel Cressi (Cresselia) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast / Psyshock
- Thunder Wave / Substitute
- Calm Mind / Lunar Dance
- Moonlight

The defensive linchpin of this team, I usually use Cress to just toss into things like Mamo and Conk. Colbur is clutch af, since it lets me set up on Knocker Offers, as well as punch Hydreigon in its faces at +1. Psyshock vs. Moonblast is just a matter of preference, but the choice between T-Wave and Sub decides which playstyle I want to match up best against, offense or stall. Right now I'm personally leaning towards T-Wave, since my abundance of wallbreakers makes my matchup versus fatter teams tasty enough as is. It also shits on the likes of Zam, Slurpuff, and Mega Aero, which is huge, considering my other 5 boys can potentially lose to all of them, although I do have plenty of priority to take care of them if I'm proactive enough.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know, and thank you for reading!
THREAT LIST
- This can absolutely pummel me if Sylv is weakened and / or Cress's Colbur is spent, since it can, at that point, spam it's STAB's with abandon. This is especially true of the Scarf set, since it outspeeds my entire team. Scarfers in general (
) donk this team, since it's so slow.

- Public enemy #1. Resists all my priority, as well as the one thing I have to outspeed. Nasty Plot pretty much 6-0's if I don't keep Cress healthy enough to take a +2 Fire Blast and T-Wave it.

- I'm playing offence. QED. But in all seriousness, this thing can threaten the entire squad. All I can do is throw priority at it and / or CM on it and / or T-Wave it. If Cress can't take care of it, it's p much guaranteed to get a kill or three.

- Gyarados can force out and set up on a everything not named Sylveon or Cresselia. I can try to get into a setup war with Cress of Hyper Voice through the Sub, but otherwise I have to trade to keep it from setting up. Massive threat.

REPLAYS COMING SOON
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-370916001 - I misplayed a bit this match, but this game showcases nearly every mon doing their job. Also I changed Sylveon to max Speed after this game lol​

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi.
  • Basically a team like this does not require yet another wincon so I recommend having Thunder Wave > Substitute and Lunar Dance > Calm Mind on Cresselia since the utility provided from Lunar Dance + Thunder Wave is what makes this a good option for this type of offense, especially considering how easy it is for some of the members to be worn down due to hazards.
  • Honestly aside from that I'm just going to lay down some potential options you could try out but the first of which being Leftovers > Colbur Berry on Cresselia due to the above change but I can see it being useful to cripple Dreigon etc if you really want to although the additional recovery might be better here to make Cress less reliant on Moonlight.
  • Could try having Flame Charge > Sucker Punch on Houndoom to make it a good cleaner later on since you already have two other forms of priority and this just helps solidify the offense matchup overall but Sucker Punch does have its benefits so again, just laying down some potential options.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hey man, overall the team looks really good and there aren't many changes I have that Kreme didn't already suggest. Lunar Dance Cress I think is great to give Houndoom or Toxicroak a second opportunity to break teams. My only other change would be Taunt > Sucker Punch on Houndoom to give you a much better matchup vs the likes of Porygon2 and defensive teams in general. Mamo can't really switch into Tri Attacks and Croak also hates T-Wave, so having Taunt is a nice way to circumvent it (also prevents things like Alo from Toxic + Protect spamming).

Have fun with the team!

Hi ehat, I like the team you have here. Overall its pretty solid and you have most of the tier covered well. I do, however, have a few suggestions that I think will overall the effectiveness of your team.

My first suggestion would be to change the 4th moveslot of Sylveon. I know the 4th slot is usually random filler and is rarely used, but I do not see much use in Shadow Ball as coverage. Pokemon like Doublade and Chandelure are not good switch ins anyway, so spamming Hyper Voice is mostly always the best play. I would suggest you try out either Hyper Beam or Quick Attack > Shadow Ball. I know these two moves seem really wild but always have a use in those very specific scenarios.

My next suggestion is to change your Cresselia set to Calm Mind / Psyshock / Moonblast / Moonlight with an EV spread of 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe. Your team would benefit from a consistent bulky CM sweeper. Sub and T-Wave are cool, but I think a more standard set that does well vs standard Offense is your best option. Your team was no Fairy resist, and in a Sylveon meta, that is usually pretty big. Luckily your team has decent offensive pressure and will probably only limit Specs Sylveon to get 1 OHKO vs your team if you play it right. This EV spread outspeeds Modest Sylveon and allows you to Calm Mind and Moonlight before you are hit. I notice you are running a Colbur berry, but not sure why as you have 3 Dark resists and you are not that weak to CB Krook. I would think Leftovers > Colbur is a better option for better longevity, but if it is working for you I guess you can keep it.

Other than that, I think you have a pretty solid team, good luck!

I've been using this team, it is great. I agree with the suggestion above, Hyper Beam is great on Sylveon, it blasts through many things. Calm Mind Cress is a really solid wincon, that doubles as a wall against dangerous pokemon, like Mega Aerodactyl. Although I've been using Cress with substitute in the past standard set is great on this rather frail team. I think it needs both Psyshock and Moonblast, cause after a couple of boosts, you can hit both physical and special bulky mons.Mixed Houndoom has managed in one game to cut through Blissey, with Sucker Punch, doing solid damage. Sylveon in uu is da beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: ehT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)