Funky VGC '10 Team

I got bored and felt like making a team with both Groudon and Kyogre on it so here it is.

Groudon @ Iron Ball
Nature: Brave (0 Spe IVs)
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Fling
~Protect

Brave with Iron Ball to ensure I set up Sun over any other weather inducer my opponent starts with and it also works well agains TR teams. Earthquake for STAB and Rock Slide for type coverage. Fling gets 120 base damage with Iron Ball which can put a big dent in Giratina and Cresselia.

Zapdos @ Lum Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Discharge
~Thunder
~Heat Wave
~Detect

Similar to Garchomp Zados lead last year, Groudon Zapdos is pretty much the same equivilant for Ubers VGC. Discharge doesn't hit Groudon and Earthquake doesn't hit Zapdos. Sun also boosts his Heat Wave and helps me deal with Metagross and Abomasnow. Thunder for when I have Rain up instead. Lum Berry for random Void Smeargles.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~Water Spout
~Thunder
~Ice Beam
~Signal Beam

One of the most dominating power houses in the format. STAB Rain boosted Water Spout is just beast. Thunder and Ice Beam obviously for great coverage. Signal Beam to deal with Ludicolo (and Abomasnow) which can be a pain to this team and it also puts a dent in Cresselia.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~Icy Wind
~Helping Hand
~Light Screen
~Protect

Support Pokemon and great wall. Helping Hand is so beast with both Groudon's Earthquake (or Rock Slide) and Kyogre's Water Spout. Light Screen for added team bulkiness and Protect for extra Leftovers recovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)