Glakiss @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Extremespeed
- Hyper Voice/Aura Sphere/Double Edge
- Aura Sphere/Roost

A quite weird set, but the idea is to boost both offenses and able to attack at both sides, physically and specially. Ice + Fighting is a very good coverage, nearly perfect, only resisted by something like Doublade and Froslass.

Well, since Glakiss was my Pokemon I've got whole lotta set for it. :P

Glakiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Focus
EVs: 240 HP / 184 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Protect / Baton Pass / Icy Wind / Magic Coat

Glakiss @ Leftovers / Light Clay
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Roost / Soft-Boiled / Light Screen / Reflect
- Spikes / Defog / Reflect / Light Screen
- Ice Beam

Glakiss @ Damp Rock / Heat Rock / Glalitite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day / Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

The above sets are all defensive options, which may be the best option if non-mega due to the usefulness of Glakiss' ability. The first set can be worked as a good lead / cleric, with 240 HP EVs so it hits a good leftovers number, and 84 Spe EVs to outspeed minimum investment Base 100 leads and Taunt them. The rest is piled into Special Defense for bulk, and other moves don't need to be explained. Glakiss can be a hazard remover or a Screen setter as well, as shown in set two. The last set is kinda stupid, just some Weather support to use as a suicide lead. The last set can even be Mega if you want Refrigerate Explosion, but it reduces Weather turns. There a lot more defensive options, including NastyPass, Seismic Toss, Encore, Super Fang, Drain Punch, Yawn, Trick and more.

Glakiss @ Glalitite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed / Return / Double-Edge / Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Earthquake / Focus Punch
- Roost / Soft-Boiled

In all honesty, this set is half gimmicky and half stupid. Might do some work though, but who knows? Seems like it might be fun to play with.

Glakiss @ Glalitite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dazzling Gleam
- Work Up
- Earthquake / Aura Sphere / Air Slash / Freeze-Dry / Explosion

This set can force a switch out allowing the user to set up with Work Up (a very underrated move) on the first turn, if used correctly. A Hasty Nature makes Glalitite Glakiss as fast as possible, but other -Defense natures may be run if Speed isn't much of a deal. Only 4 is put into Special Attack as 150 is pretty high to begin with. Refrigerate Extreme Speed is the main purpose of using Glakiss, as Extreme Speed is more easily available and isn't from any specific event. Dazzling Gleam is for reliable STAB purposes only, as Glakiss unfortunately has no access to Play Rough. Work Up is used to raise both Attack and Special Attack at once, which is great for sweeping. The last moveslot is down to you. Ground + Ice coverage is pretty good, being only resisted by few levitate users, Surskit (lol) and Shedinja. Aura Sphere may be better than Hidden Power Fire because of Venusaurite Aggrosaur's Thick Fat, and an EV spread of 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe may be prefered as it guarantees a 2HKO of any Venusaurite Aggrosaur, +1 and after Stealth Rock. Lastly, Air Slash and Freeze-Dry are really just coverage options, Freeze-Dry for bulky water-types that come in expecting an Extreme Speed. Also, Explosion because Explosion.

+1 76 SpA Mega Glakiss Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Aggrosaur (Venusaurite): 176-208 (47 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I wish people wouldn't immediately count out stall just because they don't like it. This meta offers the opportunity for us to create fantastic stallmons as well as offensive mons, but we'll rarely see any votes to support stall because the majority favors offense.

Mega Fusionmons are what most people are basing there submissions on atm, and most Mega-Evo's are offensive. Besides, Stall is boring. We do have some amazing defensive Fusions such as Cofragreelix, Skaria, Vespecor, Aggrodos, and Chesdon however.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Scizoretress would have been an amazing fusion and utility mon. Just about enough offensive power to not be dead weight, Technician, U-turn, Knock Off, Defog, Roost, Rapid Spin, all three damage stacking hazards, pursuit, a great mega with 82/170/100 defenses, bug/steel typing, an ability that makes it immune to priority moves etc. Unfortunately it missed out by one vote. Magmozam and Skartaria dominated this round.

Skartaria has access to a lot of utility as well, but is less bulkier and generally is an improved physical Mega Altaria, so I'd say offense will more likely be using it than Scizoretress.

And yeah, Mega Fusions are dominating - most people seem to forget that since this meta uses OU's banlist, we can only use one mega per each team as usual. But to be fair normal fusions did quite well this round.

Skartaria has access to a lot of utility as well, but is less bulkier and generally is an improved physical Mega Altaria
I'd actually like to contest the former point. I touched on this in my original submission, but Skaria actually has more bulk overall than either of its parents. It combines Skarmory's physical bulk with Altaria's special bulk, making physically and specially defensive sets very viable. Look at this:

0 SpA Mew Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Skaria: 59-70 (19.6 - 23.2%) -- possible 5HKO
vs.
0 SpA Mew Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Altaria: 56-66 (19.2 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO

And:

0 Atk Mew Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Skaria: 42-50 (13.9 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO
vs.
0 Atk Mew Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 38-45 (14 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO

Practically identical.

Part of my aim with creating Skaria was to get in a Pokemon who you can mega evolve, but don't have to. I think I succeeded on that front.

SpartanMalice

Not disputing Skartaria's bulk on its own, I was comparing it to Scizoretress, not standard Skarmory or Altaria. The way I meant that it was a much better physical Mega Altaria is because it does everything Mega Altaria does but better. However, Mega Altaria's rounded stats mean it usually goes whichever route it wants. Mega Skaria on the other hand, with access to Swords Dance, DD, a steel typing, and much better physical attack than Mega Altaria will almost always opt for a physical set, not that it can't use a special set. It can still use a defensive set - but isn't an attacking Skaria tempting ?

SpartanMalice

The reason I compared Skartaria and Scizoretress is, barring their typing and stat distribution, they have similar movesets - with the addition of Explosion, Rapid Spin etc on Scizoretress giving it more options. I'll submit again it next round, see how that goes. We need defensive mons.

I'm wondering, is there even a small chance that we might use Pokemon's HA to fuse? It might devolop a new edge to fusion evolution! Also Eevee General, will you do those Team Rocket things again? Because those were pretty awesome :D

SpartanMalice

I don't think HAs would work out, most of the HAs are, really, really, good, and we're combining abilities as is. Imagine Protean, Speed Boost, Adapt etc - combined with another ability.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I don't think HAs would work out, most of the HAs are, really, really, good, and we're combining abilities as is. Imagine Protean, Speed Boost, Adapt etc - combined with another ability.
What if we had special rules for HA mons, such as:

• Both Pokemon must use their HA to fuse if you want to fuse w/HA
  • Pokemon that fuse with HA do not get +10 to all their stats like normal fusions
  • HA Fusions cannot Mega Evolve
Thoughts?

SpartanMalice

I'll have to run it by Eevee, but we considered the +10 thing as well. Let's see...

Another thing is I think if we allow HAs, it'll be Greninja + everything.

EV

Banned deucer.
What if we had special rules for HA mons, such as:

• Both Pokemon must use their HA to fuse if you want to fuse w/HA
  • Pokemon that fuse with HA do not get +10 to all their stats like normal fusions
  • HA Fusions cannot Mega Evolve
Thoughts?
I want to keep the fusions as streamlined as possible. Adding "HA clauses" is bound to confuse people, considering Spartan and I have been discussing a new type of fusion due out here shortly ......

In any event, since Skaria is my submission, I suppose it's my responsibility to think up some sets. These are sets for base Skaria:

Skaria @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pristine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This here's a pretty standard hazard stacker set. Not much to say, except that Whirlwind lets it stop setup sweepers and keep momentum on its side. I should mention that, as spinblockers go, Mismatross actually makes a pretty nifty partner for Skaria, since it's immune to both of Skaria's weaknesses.

Skaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Pristine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Iron Head/Dragon Claw

Of course, Skaria is also perfectly viable as a hazard remover. The downside is that if the opponent already has hazards set up, then Pristine's effect is negated when Skaria switches in. To counteract that, I gave this set Heal Bell, a nice little gift from Altaria's movepool, so that it's not as threatened by status spreaders. Iron Head/ Dragon Claw stops it from being complete Taunt bait.

And here are a couple of sets for Mega Skaria:

Skaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Cotton Guard
- Swords Dance
- Return

This here is a very daring mono-attacking set, forgoing speed in favor of bulk and survivability. I opted for a specially defensive set since Cotton Guard covers its physical side, making it virtually unkillable once it gets going. Neglecting to invest in Attack may strike you as a bit of a foolhardy move, but then, there aren't too many things that can tank a Pixilate Return at +6, or even +4.

Skaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

This here's a more straightforward offensive set, one you've undoubtedly seen on Mega Altaria in standard OU. Though, as SpartanMalice mentioned, Skaria boasts even more power, physical bulk and speed, so it's... better, really.

Since we now have a plethora of new fast threats that may be in need of revenge killing, I have prepared a new way to do this: Scarf Magamozam:
Magmozam @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Body
EVs: 4 HP / 52 Def / 244 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dazzling Gleam / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dazzling Gleam / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Shadow Ball

The EVs and Nature allow you to outspeed everything up to and including max speed Jolly Scarf Landorus-T and to never be OHKO'd by Sharp Beak Talonflame's Brave Bird (although if not using HP Ice this can be changed to 4 HP / 48 Def / 248 SpA / 208 Spe). The STAB moves are simple enough, and hit a large number of threats by themselves. HP Ice is for Chesdon, and the variety of standard OU Pokemon with a 4* Ice weakness, whereas Dazzling Gleam hits Dark-Types (particularly Pangeye), new Water/Dragon Pokemon and Dragons in general. Thunderbolt gives Boltbeam coverage with HP Ice and can wreck Archedactyl, as well as hitting many of the new Water-Type fusions such as Sharpedos, Charatos, Blastninja and Vaporine. Again Shadow Ball and Focus Blast have merits in their own rights, but can mostly be used for the Ghost/Fighting-perfect-neutral-coverage-bar-Chandeform. All in all, a good alternative to its Mega form if all ready using a Mega on your team, and a powerful revenge killer.

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
Kudos to Stitch98 for guessing the new fusions.

SpartanMalice (my pseudo partner) and I have decided to open up fusions to the Pokemon in the categories off limits in post #2 (Undiscovered/Genderless). However, as they cannot breed, their fusions must be handled differently. It's done similarly to Kyurem, but not really when you think about it. Either way it involves DNA and it's really painful. (Yes breeding involves DNA too but just bear with me.)

Introducing ... DNA Fusions!

DNA Fusions happen by combining two Pokemon that cannot breed with the Chromo Stone. Basically, you give them each one half of the stone, put them in a special machine, push the button, and ta-da! New Pokemon. The result is almost the same as regular Fusion formes, with a few exceptions:
  • No fusing anything with a BST of 670 or higher (for now at least)
  • Straight average the stats, i.e. no more +10
  • However, like Kyurem, you can add 40 BST to the new fusion but no more than 20 in one individual stat
  • Mega stones still apply as usual
Here's a submission:

DNA Donors: Landorus-T / Tornadus-T
Offspring name: Landornadus
New type: Ground / Flying
New base stats: 84 / 122 / 85 / 127 / 85 / 126 (+20 Sp. Attack, +20 Speed)
New ability and desc: Regenidation (Intimidation + Regenerator) - Lowers the Attack of any Pokemon switching into Landornadus
Notable moves: Stealth Rock, Hurricane, Earth Power, Calm Mind, Taunt, U-turn, Earthquake, Knock Off, Superpower, Swords Dance, Heatwave, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Sludge Wave, Psychic
Role identification: Fast, physically bulky supporter with solid offensive coverage.

You can use the Chromo Stone to fuse the Undiscovered/Genderless group with a Pokemon that can breed, like Mew with Caterpie, but the +10 stats still will not apply, only the +40 BST. If you fuse different formes together, say Landorus-T and Tornadus-I after I added my submission above, avoid using a similar name. Instead of Landornadus, use Torandorus or something. Have fun! 5 Pokemon cap still applies.

I'm real excited about this one! Also, defensive mons R.I.P, the legendaries are back in business :D

DNA Donors:
Moltres + Latios
Shared egg group: Undisvocered
Offspring name: Moltretios
New type: Fire/Dragon
New base stats: 85/95/85/147/107/110 (+10 speed, +20 sp.attack, +10 sp.def)
New ability and desc: Pressure Levitation: Opponents moves cost two PP instead of one, Immune to Ground type attacks.
Notable moves: Defog , U-Turn, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Stored Power, Roost, Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Hurricane, Air Slash, Recover, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Energy Ball
Role identification: Moltretios brings the amazing Fire/Dragon combination to OU, with just two of it's STAB moves, you can get nearly perfect coverage (azumarill, diance, altaria-mega) :C. Can use fulfill a variety of rolls especially as a scarfer as it now gets U-Turn, and can also heal itself or remove rocks!

DNA Donors:
Moltres and Latios
Shared egg group: Undiscovered
Offspring name: Moltretios-Mega
New type: Fire/Dragon
New base stats: 85/135/105/170/117/110
New ability and desc: Levitate
Notable moves: Defog , U-Turn, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Stored Power, Roost, Surf, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Hurricane, Air Slash, Recover, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Energy Ball
Role identification: Just posted this for the sake of posting it, the Mega form isn't as good as like in real OU, LO normal Moltretios does everything the same and doesn't waste up a mega slot.

Reserving Manaphy + Latias

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

DNA Donors: Genesect / Tornadus
Offspring name: Tornadosect
New type: Bug / Flying
New base stats: 83/125/82/130/87/121 (+16 Speed, + 8 Attack, + 8 Special Attack, + 8 HP)
New ability and desc: Downloads a setup move based on the opponent's lower defensive stat, and adds it to the moveset
Notable moves: U-turn, Shift Gear, Extremespeed, Blaze Kick, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Hurricane, Hammer Arm, Crunch, Bulk Up, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Acrobatics, Knock Off, Superpower, Tailwind, Bug Buzz, Ice Beam, Techno Blast, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon
Role identification: A very interesting pokemon that has a wide movepool, diverse offensive stats, as well as a boosting move to counter any pokemon. Up against a Hippowdon? You may get Quiver Dance or even Tail Glow! Up against a chansey? Swords Dance, Shift Gear... but anyway, the relative frailty of this pokemon, the fact that it lacks Roost or Regenerator, it's Bug/Flying typing, and the fact that it requires a turn to set up are its weakness. Once it does set up however, wreck face.

Reserving Kyurem + Thundurus.

Last edited:
DNA Donors: Kyurem / Hydreigon
Offspring name: Kydreigon
New type: Dark / Dragon
New base stats: 108/117/90/147/90/116 (+20 Special Attack, +20 Speed)
New ability and desc: Pressure Levitation: Opponents moves cost two PP instead of one, Immune to Ground type attacks. (I'm expecting this ability to be pretty common :P)
Notable moves: Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, Substitute, Roost, Earth Power, Outrage, Flash Cannon, Iron Tail, Protect, (potentially) Toxic, Focus Blast, Superpower, U-turn, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse
Role identification: Strong, fast special attacker with the potential to go mixed with Outrage and/or Superpower to break special walls. Can also use a SubRoost set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)