Gallade Rate My Team

This is only my second team after my first being a bit of a shocker just throwing alot of cool pokemon together. This one I spent more time on trying to construct it around Gallade and this is what I have come out with.
Gallade is one of my favourite pokemon and it is very powerful with a massive attack stat. The aim is to try and spread paralysis through the oppenents team to up Gallades chances of pulling off an effective sweep also have Gliscor as an alternate way to get that extra pit of spead and power.
Please give me your views and/or suggestions to this team around Gallade.

Uxie Leftovers
Impish nature
Evs 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Thunder Wave
Zen Headbutt
Uxie is my opener pokemon, first thing is to set up stealth rock which will aid in the sweep later on in the game. Uxie’s job is to weaken the team with thunder wave so Gallade and Lucario will have an easier job to sweep as the other teams speed will decrease due to t-wave. Uxie is already a very defensive pokemon and I have increased this so it will be able to take even more hits while setting up t-wave and stealth rock.

Togekiss Leftovers
Calm nature Serene Grace
Evs 252 Hp / 4 def / 252 SpD
Thunder Wave
Roost
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Togekiss main job is to spread paralysis throught out the opponents team lower their speed allowing Gallade and Lucario a better chance of getting first hit in. Togekiss’s special defence has been madfe higher to allow it to take more hits from its major weaknesses thunder bolt and ice beam which are both special. Air Slash and serene grace also play apart annoying the opponents team and arua sphere for its main damaging attack.

[Gliscor Lum BerryJolly nature Jolly nature[/FONT]
Evs 252 Hp / 186 SpD / 70 Spe
Sword Dance? / Roost
Agility
Baton Pass
Earthquake
Set one on Gliscor gives me an alternate way of getting Gallade with extra speed boost and attack which also goes with Gyarados ( just speed for Lucario ). The Ev set gives an extra bit of bulk while Baton passing and the 70 speed enough to get first attack in and having earthquake so it is not one dimensional.

Gyarados Leftovers
Adamant nature
Evs 156 Hp / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance
Gyarados appears in the team as it pairs well with both Lucario and Gallade as a good counter to ground type and Flying. Gyarados also serves as a good defensive or attacking pokemon with respectable status in defense and with the extra evs I have put in defense makes it able to take a hit. This Gyarados goes well with Set One Gliscor making it a good pokemon to baton pass to giving it the extra attack to sweep. It also covers for Gliscors water weakness.[/FONT]

Lucario Choice Specs
Modest nature
Evs 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Dragon Pulse
Lucario serves as my special attacker and strong partner to Gallade drawing out possible counters to it. Lucario’s special attack is a very good stat and with the baton passed speed from Set One Gliscor or the paralysis on the pokemon will make it a big threat. Aura Sphere serves as its main attacking option and with Shadow Ball the two are completely un-resisted. [/FONT]

Gallade Lifr Orb
Adamant nature
Evs 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Sword Dance
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Psycho Cut
Gallade is the pivotal point in the team and with all going well can become a massive handful due to its power and type coverage. The main point is to boost its speed through spreading paralysis or Set One agility baton pass and then unleashing it. I have covered its weaknesses well with Gyarados for ground and flying and Gliscor for flying which gives me a better chance of keeping it alive and strong to sweep.

Please give me your views and how to improve it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Gliscor is going to be primarily for Agilipass, Taunt should be used in place of Earthquake or Roost so your opponent can't phaze your boosts.

Since Togekiss is running a paraflinch set of sorts Wish is a viable option over Roost for recovery and team support. With paraflinch the recovery from Wish comes almost instantly for Togekiss anyway.

If Lucario is meant to sweep as well then Life Orb should be used in place of Choice Specs. Wishpassing from Togekiss can definitely help with the Life Orb recoil.

I'm going to have to say you should keep EQ on Gliscor as Galade and gyarados can aready set up so its not too much of a loss if you get Phazed IMO, and you need your gliscor to take on Tyranitar. Also I strongly recommend you changing thunder wave on your togekiss to body slam. I have had countless problems with flygon over the years because its immune to that move. This way you will have a way to take care of ground type attacks. I also recommend putting a scarf starmie over Lucario so you can stop things that have set up (just incase they do set up).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)