Galladiator vs Dogfish44 (ref: Zystral)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not good with dramatic introductions or whatever but I'll try.

Roaring winds whip up sandstorms on a regular basis here in the middle of the Gobi Desert. The huge field is literally one massive area of nothingness but sand, except for the off splatting or plant life and water here and there. Oases are not myths, and they do exist. We happen to be standing by one right now. What would otherwise be utterly inhabitable due to the intense sunlight has a spring of water, accompanied by the single palm tree as you would see in the games. However, the tranquility of this .place is soon to be shattered.

Dogfish44 uses his trusted Sunkern;
Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
Sp.Atk: *** (+)
Sp.Def: **
Speed: 30

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Solar Power: When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).
Early Bird [DW]: This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.

And Galladiator pulls out his Kirlia!
Kirlia (*) [Roman] (M)
Nature: Adamant (increases Attack by *, decreases Sp. Attack by *)
Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an abbott of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Telepathy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: *** (+)
Def: **
SpA: ** (-)
SpD: **
Spe: 50

it's a 1 v 1 so there's nothing to send out, so it's going to be this order;
Galladiator posts actions
Dogfish posts actions
I do stuff
Dogfish posts actions
Galladiator posts actions
I do more stuff
repeat.

Let's go!

It seems I have a thing for desert arenas...

All right, Roman! Start with a Will-o-Wisp, then hit it with a Confuse Ray! Follow that up with a Psychic!

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Before I begin, I would like to inform Galladiator that I asked Dogfish in IRC, (but you weren't there) as to how creative I should be when reffing. He responded with a 7, which is that the battle will certainly not be entirely standard. I will not be changing things crazily, but I will say that the arena and weather Dogfish has specified will disadvantage both players.

With the strong sunlight activating Chlorophyll, tiny nuclear reactions are happening inside Sunkern's body, and its muscles appear to loosen, allowing it double Speed, making it able to attack before Kirlia. On top of this, Solar Power causes Sunkern itself to react to the sunlight, causing near explosive growth. This growth is represented and released as energy for Special Attacks, but doesnt come without its downsides - Sunkern will lose 1 HP per action. Sunkern attempts a Leech Seed, which completely envelops Kirlia! Sadly, the aridity of the desert takes its toll, as well as the intense heat, meaning those Seeds will only last for 5 actions, not 6, and rather than disappearing, they will wither and die, as will any plant in this environment.
In response, Kirlia goes in for the Will-o-Wisp, which hits Sunkern straight up. The heat of the desert is strong as it is, it's almost enough to make on sunburnt! On top of this, Sunkern, being a tiny little seedling takes the full brunt of the Will-o-Wisp, so rather than a 2nd degree burn as per the norm, the Grass bud is incurred with 3rd degree burns!
Despite this, the little pea is unfazed! It may take 3 damage, but this isn't a problem - it'll heal that much with each action!

Kirlia ; 7E ; -3HP
Sunkern ; 10E ; -4HP, +3HP

Sunkern, despite feeling the pain from the ghostly fire raging inside it, scuttles off to the other side of the oasis - where it thinks it's safe. There, it uses Growth, sharply raising its offensive capabilities! There, it lies in wait, ready to strike next turn.
Kirlia is bound on all sides by the vines, and simply has no option other to lay by the pool of water and try to launch a Confuse Ray to prevent Sunkern from doing further damage. However, as is always the case, when you cannot move and the sun is getting to you, both Pokemon are starting to feel dizzy form sunstroke! And you didn't even know Pokemon could get sunstroke! Before the Leech Seeds drain its energy even further, Kirlia fires off its Confuse Ray, hitting the Sunkern straight.

The sun shines brightly, illuminating the area, and the heat slowly building tension - and pain - within the competitors. Sunkern takes its burn damage, but regains it through Kirlia's Leech Seed infliction.

Kirlia ; 5E ; -3HP
Sunkern ; 5E ; -4HP, +3HP ; +2 Atk, +2 SpA ; Confusion

With the sun bearing down, getting almost to midday, and the Pokemon getting into slowly worse conditions, the final kill order is given.

Sunkern not only has to face battling its internal injuries, but the mental duress caused by Confuse Ray is giving it even more problems. It attempts to use Growth, but the heat of the sun is just too much - it collapses in pain, unable to move, and takes 7 damage from its own boosted attack!

Seeing an opening for attack, Kirlia focuses its mind, even clearing itself of the pain from the combined sunstroke and Leech Seed. It ignores all outside calamities and draws energy from its mind. It launches this energy with extreme ferocity, picking up Sunkern, and floating it into the air. Completely frozen, but still under the mental stress of the Psychic, Sunkern is lifted up a good few feet into the air before being thrown straight down back into the pool of water. Psychic in its own right as its power, but the incredible force of hitting a pool of water front-first at a rapid velocity causes Sunkern to take an extra 2 damage. After all, you know how painful it is to belly flop into a swimming pool, right?

Kirlia ; 7E ; -3HP Leech Seed
Sunkern ; 8E ; -14HP Psychic + Water impact, -3HP Burn damage, -7HP Confusion

AT THE END OF THE ROUND, THESE ARE THE STATS

HP: 67
Energy: 77
Boosts: +2 Atk, +2 SpA
Other: Chlorophyll, Solar Power, Burned (3rd Degree), Confused (Intense, 3 turns remaining)

HP: 81
Energy: 81
Boosts: None
Other: None​

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
A nice soothing GrassWhistle should help you relax and snap out of confusion.

Then, try a SolarBeam. Then, a Mega Drain.

Try a loud Growl to startle the Sunkern, then a Shadow Ball and Psychic combo!

EDIT: What I mean by that is, create a Shadow Ball and use Psychic to propel it toward Sunkern at a faster rate than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)