Galvantula Discussion

U-turn is actually very viable. STAB makes up for its uninvested Attack and U-turn + Volt Switch is a nightmare to handle! Deserves to be the primary 4th option on choice sets imo (over Energy Ball).

It leaves you open to Steel/Rock/Ground Pokemon but you will be U-turning out anyway or blasting them in their weak SpDef with Bug Buzz. It's very easily a 2HKO after a couple of U-turns and rocks. U-turn is a safer choice than Energy Ball anyway if you mis-predict. So yeah, U-turn is a bitch and deserves a place!

Specs is my favorite set, with HP Ice. I don't miss Volt Switch as much as I thought I might due to usually firing off an Energy Ball or HP Ice at the Grounds who think I'll Switch.

I think Agility + Electro Ball is kind of a waste, although it could make a decent cleaner against certain teams.

I use an anti-rain LO spider atm (anti-rain b/c that's the fad for RU this ladder reset). It'll sweep a rain team if it can stop an initial rain dance luckily. It also smashes adamant sceptiles at 252 spd/timid nature with a single bug buzz.

I honestly ran it in OU for a little while when I 1st began competitive pokes. It didn't do bad there it seemed...but I know it doesn't do too well there now.

Is this a different set from the LO set in the OP, or is the strategy just to smash the Uxie with Bug Buzz before it can set up rain?
Yeah pretty much. It sucks tho when I overestimate or w/e and get paralyzed, but eh, still noobish. I hadn't thought of uxie at the time I tossed it on the team, I was more concerned with ludicolo.

Looking at Galvie's movepool again, I think it could make a great SubDisable user, because it has great speed and offensive presence, like Gengar ( and we all know about Gengar) Galvie also gets Spider Web, meaning that it could actually stall pokemon out, especially defensive ones who come in to tank a Thunder.

But whereas Gengar has a x4 resist to U-Turn and spin-blocking capabilities, Galvantula has...? Moreover, in what situations would you rather be doing that over just spamming Thunder and whatnot?

Also, SubdisableGar is so effective because of its many and awesome immunities...
Many pokemon use only a move that can hit it (BU/DrainP/MachP/Payback Conkel or SuckerPunch/Sub/DrainP/BU Croak, for example), meaning that, once that move is disabled, the pokemon is a sitting duck.

I was wondering if a sub charge set would work?

[SET]
name: Sub Charge
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Thunder
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Bug Buzz
item: Leftovers
ability: Compound eyes
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

What differentiates Galvantula from the Sub-charge pokemon in RU is the base 108 speed, allowing it to sweep and a reliable base 120 powered moved "Thunder" with improved accuracy thanks to compound eyes.

The set is pretty simple, threaten something out while you set up a substitute thne use charge beam and pray for a +1 SpA boost, Thunder suddenly becomes a force to be reckon with at +1 one being a stab base 120 power move, unlike the choice specs set you can can switch moves, the move depends on what you want, dual stab vs Coverage. Energy ball can also be used if you're worried about Water/ground like Quagsire. Magneton and Rotom-F both resist Boltbeam coverage but a +1 would probably still hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)