Type: Electric/ Bug

HP: 70
Attack: 77
Defense: 60
Sp. Atk: 97
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 108

Abilities:
-Compoundeyes: An absolutely amazing ability and the main reason Galvantula is so awesome. 91% accurate Thunder? YES PLEASE!
-Unnerve: The opponent is not allowed to eat held berries in battle. Only useful in LC.
-(Dream World) Swarm: Increases the power of Bug-type moves by 1.5x when HP is below 33%. Not an awful ability by itself, but you have Compoundeyes...

Useful moves in bold

Code:
Level Up Moves:
1 String Shot
1 Leech Life
1 [B]Spider Web[/B]
1 [B]Thunder Wave[/B]
4 [B]Thunder Wave[/B]
7 Screech
12 Fury Cutter
15 [B]Electroweb[/B]
18 Bug Bite
23 [B]Gastro Acid[/B]
26 Slash
29 Electro Ball
34 Signal Beam
40 [B]Agility[/B]
46 Sucker Punch 
54 Discharge
60 Bug Buzz

TM's and HM's
Toxic
[B]Hidden Power[/B]
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Thunderbolt
[B]Thunder[/B]
Return
Double Team
Facade
Rest 
Attract
Theif 
Round
[B]Energy Ball[/B]
[B]Charge Beam[/B]
Giga Impact
Flash
[B]Volt Switch[/B]
[B]Thunder Wave[/B]
Struggle Bug
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Swagger
[B]Substitute[/B]
Wild Charge
Cut

Egg Moves:
Pin Missile
Poison Sting
Cross Posion 
Rock Climb
Pursuit
[B]Disable[/B]
Faint Attack
At first, this little spider looks like nothing. Sure, its got high Speed and great offensive typing, but it can't take a hit, and only has good, but not great Sp. Atk. Then you realize... it has Compoundeyes Thunder and Bug Buzz. Suddenly, this little tarantula becomes a real threat, hitting whatever you have with strong attacks, even if it does have to rely on Hidden Power.

LifeOrb @ Life Orb
Compoundeyes
Nature: Timid
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice/ Fire)

Hits hard, hits fast, hits many things. Thunder holds incredible power due to the Compoundeyes boost, and hits most of the tier nuetrally. Bug Buzz is much of the same, as well as utterly mauling Cresselia. Energy Ball allows you to not get walled by Gastrodon and Quagsire, as well as hitting Steelix. The real choice here is what Hidden Power to use. Hidden Power Ice is for things like Gligar and Altaria, while Hidden Power Fire is for Steels that resist Grass, especially Ferroseed.

Choice @ Choice Scarf/ Choice Specs
Compoundeyes
Nature: Modest/Timid
-Volt Switch
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz/ U-Turn
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)

Much like the first set, hits hard and hits fast. Running Volt Switch over Energy Ball means you be walled by Gastrodon and Quagsire, but allows you to scout, gain switch momentum, and hit the opponent for a large amount of damage all in one turn. Thunder, Bug Buzz, and Hidden Power work exactly like the LO set.

Other usable moves:
Spider Web can trap an opponent, maybe you can make some use of that.
Thunder Wave is always an awesome support move, although Galvantula would like all the coverage it can get (plus Thunder paralyzes 27.3% of the time)
Electroweb is a slightly less powerful, special Ankle Sweep. Another gimmicky move you might be able to make use out of.
Gastro Acid is yet another gimmicky support move. Has a possibility of taking away Honch's Moxie, a Rain sweepers Swift Swim, etc. Anyone noticing a trend of gimmicky moves? XD
Agility can take a Modest Galvantula's Speed to 630, outpacing everything except for Ninjask.
Charge Beam can raise Galvantula's meh Sp. Atk to really high levels, and can potentially lead to a sweep.
Substitute its Substitute, need I say more?
Disable can be used with Substitute for a fast, hard-hitting SubDisable poke, much like Gengar in OU.

Extra notes:
-You should always run Timid on any non-Scarfed Galvantula, as it allows you to outspeed Adamant Durant, as well as many other fast threats.
-Rapid Spin support is important for the Life Orb set, but is absolutely crucial to the Choice set.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I love this guy. However, I think that HP fice is rather unnecessary, as the only prominent steel in RU is Ferroseed, and Flyers/Grasses are handled by his normal coverage. I go with Volt Switch instead.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Volt switch over HP. I guess Gligar can be a problem, but I like the scouting ability of Volt Switch (I have a WishFable, so that probably alters my opinion on the LO recoil problem)

granted, this is my OU set, but i've been using this little guy with great success:

Galvantula @ Zap Plate/Life Orb/Expert/I suppose whatever item you want
Compoundeyes
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Modest/Timid (i personally use Modest, but Timid is nice for even more of a speedy bug friend)
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Volt Switch
HP Water

Even though with Modest this little guy only reaches 322 SpA, his Thunders and, to a lesser extent, Volt Switches and Bug Buzzes, can do quite some damage. I've never run calcs, but it can still take out some HP from some rather bulky opponents. Bug Buzz and Thunder are your main STABs, Volt Switch is for getting out of sticky situations, HP Water can take care of any Rock- or Fire-types that try to take him out, and Bug Buzz does neutral damage to that pesky Ferrothorn/seed.

Would charge beam be a good mention on the choice sets?

It's 100% accurate with compound eyes and there's a 70% chance of boosting your special attack, if Galvantula can stay in long enough and accumulating special attack boost it'd be pretty hard to stop without an immunity or resist or SpD wall. I'm only theorymoning though, it's probably really hard to set up Galvantula with SpA boot from Charge beam.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Would charge beam be a good mention on the choice sets?

It's 100% accurate with compound eyes and there's a 70% chance of boosting your special attack, if Galvantula can stay in long enough and accumulating special attack boost it'd be pretty hard to stop without an immunity or resist or SpD wall. I'm only theorymoning though, it's probably really hard to set up Galvantula with SpA boot from Charge beam.
Not at all, that's a great idea with an Expert Belt, he could sweep lategame without blinking an eye.

Also, he has 109 spe.

@danmo Unless it's 4x weak to -insert type here-, Thunder hits harder than HP whatever, and since the only poke I can think of 4x weak to Water in this tier is Magcargo, its best left for a Rain team (which is pretty broken in here, but there are waaaay better Rain pokes than Galvantula)

@ Charge Beam Yes, it is perfectly viable on an Expert Belt set, but on a LO/ Choice set, it will probably hurt more than help.

@ Pwnemon thats Durant with the mega-troll 109 base speed. Galvantula has 108.

Charge Beam at +1 is equivalent to 75 Base Power, and 100 Base Power at +2. Only at +3 with equivalent 125 Base Power does it finally outdamage Thunder. It's not a good option at all on a Choice set.

Charge Beam at +1 is equivalent to 75 Base Power, and 100 Base Power at +2. Only at +3 with equivalent 125 Base Power does it finally outdamage Thunder. It's not a good option at all on a Choice set.
Awful on Choice Sets seeing as it takes a bunch of turns to even be semi useful...
I'm assuming it would function similar to Jolteon in it comes in for a revenge kill with LO / EB and picks up a free boost for the next poke in line.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Just thought i'd leave this here:

"furfur sent out Kabutops!
Pwnemon sent out Galvantula!

Start of turn 1
Galvantula used Charge Beam!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Kabutops lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Kabutops fainted!
Galvantula's Sp. Att. rose!
Galvantula is hurt by its Life Orb!

furfur sent out Torkoal!

Start of turn 2
Galvantula used Thunder!
A critical hit!
The foe's Torkoal lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Torkoal fainted!
Pwnemon: useless crit

furfur sent out Sceptile!

Start of turn 3
The foe's Sceptile used Hidden Power!
Galvantula lost 139 HP! (49% of its health)
The foe's Sceptile is hurt by its Life Orb!

Galvantula used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
The foe's Sceptile lost 90% of its health!
The foe's Sceptile fainted!

furfur sent out Gallade!

Start of turn 4
Galvantula used Thunder!
A critical hit!
The foe's Gallade lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Gallade fainted!

Pwnemon: more useless crits
furfur sent out Archeops!

Start of turn 5
Galvantula used Charge Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Archeops lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Archeops fainted!

furfur sent out Crawdaunt!

Start of turn 6

Galvantula used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
The foe's Crawdaunt lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Crawdaunt fainted!
Galvantula fainted!

Pwnemon won the battle!
"

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm not bragging about myself, I realize that was nothing special. I'm talking about his ability to take things out with charge beam.

Was it really a good idea to do it in a log full of crits? Just saying, the actual damage output would probably have been less.

and he has volt switch as well, does moer damage being STAB and special. Galvantula is one of this tiers threatening late-game sweepers. after the special wall is weakened enough, this spider has clear attempt at a sweep. scarfers are becoming more and more common because of these fast cleaners

Galvantula seems to have dropped in popularity. On the other hand, it's still got that relatively astronomical Speed stat. In short, still good.

Galvantula is easily my favorite pokemon Black and White had granted. Boasting a 92 percent accurate thunder and has access to the amazing Volt Switch, Just slap on a Choice Specs and you have one of the most potent scout/late game cleaners ever. It's typing is great and a specs thunder is going to hurt basically everything including the things that resist it's attacks.

TL;DR - This thing is fantastic, please use it.

Galvantula used Energy Ball! The only time its ever stopped by a Ground type is Sp. Def Gligar when youre packing HP Fire and not Ice.
Sorry, should have been more specific. I was thinking of a Choice set (mostly Scarf). Galvantula could use it over Volt Switch to be able to use a more reliable scouting move. For example, the Gligar you mentioned would be able to switch in on Galvie's Volt Switch and take nothing, Galvie would have to switch out, and Gligar could use the extra turn to set up or cripple the switch in. With U turn, this would never happen, and Galvie could run HP Fire to destroy Ferroseed, since it wouldn't have to worry about that situation. Volt Switch does a lot more damage, but if you want damage, Thunder should be your first choice anyways.

@Daedalus1
If Electroball is being used, Thunder would be very situational. If Electroball were used, I'd give Galvie Swarm so it can use a boosted Bug Buzz when its HP is low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)