Galvantula

QC: Kreme / nv / Pearl
GP: Shame That / Queez

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk. The former has more overall bulk and is able to hit much harder, while the latter sits in a better Speed tier, has access to Dry Skin to deal with the plethora of bulky Water-types in UnderUsed, and has better diversity in its movesets. Galvantula faces competition from within its Speed tier too, as it is filled with other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Web beforehand. This typing also leaves Galvantula weak to Stealth Rock, and with its reliance on Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage, Galvantula can quickly find itself struggling to survive against residual damage if left without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche with its access to Sticky Web, which reduces the foe's Speed by one stage upon switching in. To further its offensive prowess, Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of Compound Eyes, which provides a massive accuracy boost to its powerful STAB move Thunder, helping it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric-type switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With Galvantula's dual STAB moves, most Taunt users are not safe from it, nor are the many common entry hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]

name: Life Orb Attacker
move 1: Sticky Web
move 2: Thunder
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Energy Ball / Giga Drain
item: Life Orb
ability: Compound Eyes
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. In a tier full of bulky Water- and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull its weight by using Thunder as a reliable high-powered STAB move to 2HKO most of them. Bug Buzz, the secondary STAB move,combats some common Electric-type switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, while also hammering common Taunt users that aren't hit by Thunder for super effective damage, such as Azelf. Energy Ball allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types, such as Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to help Galvantula last slightly longer, but it is notably weaker than Energy Ball.

Set Details
========

Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature gets Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs grant it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Focus Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative to Life Orb, though Galvantula loses power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Focus Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field as unharmed as possible, so bringing it in on a predicted status move or switch can be very beneficial. From there, depending on the team, set up Sticky Web or attack; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Web should be a priority, while against defensive teams an attack may have more of an impact than the Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak with Thunder, and once its checks and counters are removed it can clean up a weakened team. When playing against teams with little to no entry hazard control, a good option is to simply lead with Galvantula to set up Sticky Web on turn one, especially if it is holding a Focus Sash.

Team Options
========

Strong but slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt appreciate Sticky Web support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power, thus benefitting from Sticky Web. A teammate to resist Flying-type attacks would be particularly useful, as Flying-types are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users that are unaffected by Sticky Web in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega Aerodactyl, bar Fire Blast variants of Salamence. Mega Aerodactyl itself is a strong offensive teammate that can attack Flying-types that trouble Galvantula, though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Web while also resisting Flying-type attacks, and is able to break through special walls such as Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, as they remove entry hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom, Mamoswine, and Swords Dance+ Stone Edge Cobalion all do the job nicely. Sticky Web in general favors this kind of offense by keeping pressure on and forcing opponents out, though bulky offense works just as well, as the teammates normally found on that build can stomach a hit and punish with a powerful attack in return.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though it comes at the expense of power and forces you to predict what move is coming to avoid losing a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed without affecting the rest of the team as Sticky Web would. However, Thunder Wave does carry the benefit of being less reliant on pressuring Defoggers and spinners. Choice Specs is another option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility, and it can give the opponent a free turn to switch in and use Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows Galvantula to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job. Sucker Punch, although almost useless in most situations, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, and can help to clean up severely weakened teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Offensive Threats**: Offensive Pokemon that outrun Galvantula such as Heliolisk and Crobat can do large amounts of damage, if not outright OHKO it.

**Reliable Entry Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Web, reliable entry hazard removal on the opposing team can easily make Galvantula far less useful. Zapdosis a particularly notable threat, as it can remove entry hazards and shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost.

**Strong Priority Moves**: Strong priority moves from the likes of Entei and Mega Absol can OHKO Galvantula due to its less than stellar bulk.

**Special Walls**: Galvantula cannot do much damage to special walls, such as Blissey, or naturally bulky pokemon such as Florges, and they can easily heal off damage.

Last edited:
Thanks for contributing to the tier dude!

I think since Galvantula's main niche is to get up sticky web, it would be a good idea to mention under team options: Pokémon that can prevent defog/rapid spin (So a ghost type, Taunt user or a mon that kills common defoggers/spinners before they can get off the move), or a pokemon that can punish the use of defog/rapid spin (So possibly mons with the defiant ability, or mons that are deadly in 1 set up turn, Gyara, Mence, etc - That way if your opponent chooses to defog/spin they pay the price by having a boosted mon in their face.)
Also the obvious team options are mons that can take advantage of sticky web being up.

Keep it up, cant wait to see when it's finished!

Like Sam I Yam said, Galvantula commonly functions as a lead with Focus Sash to ensure it gets Sticky Web up as quickly as possible whilst rivalling other common leads such as Empoleon and Swampert. However, Froslass outspeeds it with Taunt so that might be something that could be considered as a counter, even though Galvantula can knock it out easily enough, Destiny Bond is a mind game that can be played by your opponent. Azelf is faster and can Fire Blast so that is also something to be wary about. Teammates I think are strong with it are Sableye with a Prankster Taunt for Defoggers and a spinblocker against Blastoise, Donphan, Tentacruel, Forretress. Mega Aerodactyl for Crobat and Zapdos and Florges for an offensive Salamence defog can help to keep Sticky Web on the field. To keep the Sticky Web up you should always force the opponent to use an attacking move instead of utility so set up hard hitting pokemon such as Crawdaunt and Feraligatr can help with that by providing an offensive Fire type check (burns are risky). Defiant Tornadus on a Defog can punish as well as stated above.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sticky web should probably be the only move in the 4th slot for the LO set because that's like 72% of the reason you're using Galvantula

Also I don't think Sash is a good set at all really it needs LO to deal any significant damage

Sticky web should probably be the only move in the 4th slot for the LO set because that's like 72% of the reason you're using Galvantula

Also I don't think Sash is a good set at all really it needs LO to deal any significant damage
I actually had that one questioned for a bit, and after a while I asked the room. Webs being huge is, well, huge, but I dunno.

Other options it is, then.

Edit: Forgot to address Sash Galv, but people are always going to use it so might as well mention it since it has a limited amount of viability if you can prevent hazard removal.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK this is just a completely preliminary check so even once this is all implemented back just say so again so I can finish the rest of it up and stamp this.

So for the Overview you definitely need to mention the competition this thing has with other offensive Electric-types in the tier and why it should be considered (mainly just SWebs), as well as why it is, for the most part, worse than the other offensive Electric-types in the tier (mainly because they double with some kind of defensive utility). Also you shouldn't be saying "weak" to all hazards, but rather weak to SR and affected by all other forms of entry hazards, a bit nitpicky but in analyses wording's key. You also don't have to mention what it loses to specifically (i.e faster Pokemon) since C&C goes over that. Also definitely mention Galvantula's role on most teams. Also you don't really have to say what Sticky Web does here, since that's better for being in Moves so you should just mention how it's what's making Galv viable.

For the set itself, I definitely think the move order should be Sticky Web / Thunder / Bug Buzz / Energy Ball or Giga Drain. I believe Energy Ball is a better option for Galv since it lets you 3HKO Nidoqueen and OHKO Mamo after Rocks but Giga Drain's a nb option for giving yourself slightly more longevity if need be. Regarding the actual set order though Sticky Web is the main reason you're going to be using Galvantula so it should definitely be first followed by STABs and then coverage. No need to mention HP Ice and Volt Switch in Moves considering it's in Other Options anyhow. Also please be more descriptive about what the moves do, especially SWebs.

In Set Details, it's cute that there are numbers there to show how much Speed and SpA it hits after EVs and nature and all but that doesn't really say anything to me, so just mention how those EVs and nature make Galvantula do its job better. Btw you're forgetting 4 EVs, please put that into SpD so Download Pokemon can't get the boost (namely PZ and P2), small but they're free EVs that do something.

For Usage Tips, I think you're definitely underselling Galvantula tbh since it can wallbreak to a decent extent so firing off Thunders to weaken walls to either force it to recover HP or weaken it isn't a bad idea, for example it 3HKOes Florges and P2 after Rocks, and it's coverage isn't horrid by any means. It isn't quick enough to be a cleaner so remove that imo and I believe you should just mention how you should only be getting Webs up if it's beneficial to you, i.e against faster offensive teams / teams with Pokemon that can outspeed yours to make it easier for you to wallbreak etc.

OK regarding Team Options, I feel like this needs to be somewhat reworked. First off, I don't think Mamoswine needs its own section lol, it fits under wallbreakers anyway, which should honestly have its section expanded a bit by mentioning how most highly appreciate having SWebs up so they aren't revenge killed as easily. Pokemon exceptional at what they do shouldn't have specific bullet point mentions if they fit under a certain category, but rather they should be specifically mentioned when addressing said category. You should probably remove the bulky Water mention, sure eating up Fire-type attacks is great but a lot of these are going to be passive (Milotic, Reg Pert) and aren't going to be fitting on the same team as Galvantula. Sure, some like offensive Suicune and Mega Blastoise can fit there but it feels too broad for defensive purposes making me more inclined to think it's towards the more passive Pokemon. We should be focusing on offensively synergizing with Galvantula, not defensively. Also definitely give examples for each bullet point please.

For Other Options, honestly I'm not entirely sold on HP Ice being even mentioned now that I'm thinking about it considering you OHKO Salamence after Rocks, and do between 77 - 91% without them, leaving it in prio range of most Pokemon anyhow and the only Dragon that resists both of Galvantula's STABs in the tier is Dragalge if I'm not mistaken which isn't too relevant right now and is basically an easy way to sack Galvantula for setting Webs, making Gligar the only real target for HP Ice, which isn't the most common at the moment. Also be sure to add Choice Specs.

OK lastly, for C&C the second and third bullet points are essentially the same thing and can be compressed into something like "Specially Bulky Pokemon" or something along those lines. Also when this is written up, or better yet, beforehand, please give examples and do it in the correct format.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think I got everything, should be good to go now.
Ok just be sure to mention the two relevant calcs I posted for Energy Ball vs Giga Drain, remove all the mentions of what moves do in Set Details, since it makes no sense to have stuff about them there considering they have their own section right above it lol, and remove the "Defog Punishers" section in TO, since setup sweepers don't really punish Defog, they just get a "free" switch so you could probably just specifically mention Tornadus as being good since Defiant gives it an Atk boost off of Defog.

After that you can probably consider this 1/3.

In the intro: explain why its typing is offensively so good. Bug Buzz threatens a ton of common Electric checks, like Hydreigon and Krookodile. It also destroys both Magic Bounce users in the tier and its STABs threaten any faster user of Taunt (Azelf, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Sableye). I wouldn't say base 97 SpA is decent really, only reason why it's threatening offensively at all is because of Thunder's high power and its good STAB combo.

I've been using a lot of Sticky Web lately and I actually think Focus Sash is better than just OO, it can be mentioned in Set Details (but not slashed on the set). The most notable thing it does is prevent Mega Absol from preventing Sticky Web by leading (Sucker Punch + LO can kill), but also other stuff like Fire Blast Azelf. It's also very good against lead Aerodactyl where Galv can preserve its sash vs Aero's SR + likely Taunt and then at the very least trade with another member of the opposing team. Also mindlessly leading Sash Galv against teams that lack hazard control is an option then.

HP Ice is definitely OO worthy, 2HKOing Nidoqueen with Life Orb and luring Gligar for something like Cobalion or Lucario. And as retarded as it sounds, Sucker Punch is viable in the 4th slot to break Alakazam and Mamoswine's Sashes.

Team Options can definitely be expanded on. You should definitely highlight more Pokemon that can take advantage of webs. Right now the analysis makes it seem like you should dedicate a lot of team slots to spin/Defog blocking, which isn't really the case as all you need to do is pressure them. SD Stone Edge Cobalion and Taunt Mega Houndoom are great at preventing Defog on their own. Mamoswine is probably the single scariest Pokemon to put on a Sticky Web team. There's also Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z. The sentence "Fire-type switch-ins such as Mega Blastoise and Mega Aerodactyl can scare away incoming fire attacks" doesn't need to be there since Sticky Web teams focus more on getting on the offensive than taking attacks.

In the intro: explain why its typing is offensively so good. Bug Buzz threatens a ton of common Electric checks, like Hydreigon and Krookodile. It also destroys both Magic Bounce users in the tier and its STABs threaten any faster user of Taunt (Azelf, Crobat, Aerodactyl, Sableye). I wouldn't say base 97 SpA is decent really, only reason why it's threatening offensively at all is because of Thunder's high power and its good STAB combo.

I've been using a lot of Sticky Web lately and I actually think Focus Sash is better than just OO, it can be mentioned in Set Details (but not slashed on the set). The most notable thing it does is prevent Mega Absol from preventing Sticky Web by leading (Sucker Punch + LO can kill), but also other stuff like Fire Blast Azelf. It's also very good against lead Aerodactyl where Galv can preserve its sash vs Aero's SR + likely Taunt and then at the very least trade with another member of the opposing team. Also mindlessly leading Sash Galv against teams that lack hazard control is an option then.

HP Ice is definitely OO worthy, 2HKOing Nidoqueen with Life Orb and luring Gligar for something like Cobalion or Lucario. And as retarded as it sounds, Sucker Punch is viable in the 4th slot to break Alakazam and Mamoswine's Sashes.

Team Options can definitely be expanded on. You should definitely highlight more Pokemon that can take advantage of webs. Right now the analysis makes it seem like you should dedicate a lot of team slots to spin/Defog blocking, which isn't really the case as all you need to do is pressure them. SD Stone Edge Cobalion and Taunt Mega Houndoom are great at preventing Defog on their own. Mamoswine is probably the single scariest Pokemon to put on a Sticky Web team. There's also Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z. The sentence "Fire-type switch-ins such as Mega Blastoise and Mega Aerodactyl can scare away incoming fire attacks" doesn't need to be there since Sticky Web teams focus more on getting on the offensive than taking attacks.
Implemented, let me know if I missed anything.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
QC: Kreme / * / *
GP: * / *

[OVERVIEW]

• Sticky Webs (!)
  • Largely outclassed other electric types (Zapdos is bulkier / can hit harder, Heliolisk is faster and more diverse, has dry skin)
  • In a speed tier with Cobalion, outspeeds a lot of relevant threats, especially after webs
  • Thunder in a tier of bulky waters is amazingly anti-meta
  • Bug Buzz hammers electric switch-ins like Hydreigon and Krookodile, absolutely destroys Magic Bouncers
  • STABs threaten most taunt users (MAero, Azelf, Hydreigon)
  • 1v1s more common hazard control (Blastoise, Forry, Empoleon)
  • Poor Bulk + Defensive typing
  • Weak to Stealth Rocks, affected by Spikes and Toxic Spikes
  • OK at best SpA, Life Orb + High BP STABs make it threatening
Mention that while it has decent speed, its Speed tier itself is quite crowded with Cobalion, Infernape, and Virizion tying it and quite a few common mons outspeed it such as Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat. Also mention with this about its Flying neutrality which at least Zapdos and Lisk can't take advantage (Zapdos moreso but w/e).

[SET]
move 4: Energy Ball / Giga Drain / Sucker Punch I don't feel like Sucker Punch is worth a slash. Just mention it in Moves.
evs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Sticky Web allows Galvantula and other slower mons to take advantage of offensive teams by slowing them down
  • Thunder is main stab, high base power and 91% accurate after Compound Eyes
  • Bug Buzz is secondary stab, hits Psychic, Dark, and Grass hard Give examples such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Cresselia
  • Energy Ball ensures Ground-Types don't wall Galvantula outright, and gives decent coverage that OHKOs Mamoswine after Rocks and 3HKOs Nidoqueen
  • Giga Drain is a weaker alternative that gives some staying power
  • Sucker Punch is a viable option to break Sashed Pokemon like Azelf, Alakazam, and Mamoswine

Set Details
========
  • Life Orb maximizes offensive power
  • Maximum speed with a Timid nature puts Galvantula on par with Cobalion in terms of speed
  • Compound Eyes brings up Thunder's accuracy to 91%
  • Focus Sash can function as an effective lead and lets it survive one attack to either set up webs or decimate common anti-lead mons
Usage Tips
========
  • Try to bring Galvantula in on free turns or on things that can't hurt it too much
  • Fire off a quick attack on a forced switch or set webs up
  • Webs don't do much work against defensively-oriented teams, but do great against offense, so be selective in setting up
  • Galvantula can work in a wallbreaking capacity with Thunder, or it can clean up weakened teams after checks and counters are removed
  • If Sashed, can lead mindlessly vs. teams with weak or no hazard removal
Team Options
========
  • Strong, Slower setup sweepers (i.e. Lucario, Heracross, Crawdaunt)
  • A Flying-type switch in, such as Rotom-H, eases pressure from Flying Pokemon as they are immune to Sticky Webs and typically outspeed Galvantula
  • Things to keep pressure on Defoggers, I.E. SD + SE Cobalion, Taunt Mega Houndoom, Mamoswine
  • Slower, powerful wallbreakers ("Mamoswine is probably the single scariest Pokemon to put on a Sticky Web team. There's also Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, Porygon-Z.")
  • Generally works well with Bulky Offense
Don't forget to put examples and elaborate on each point in TO.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • Volt Switch can give you momentum
  • Thunder Wave is alternative speed control and leaves you less reliant on blocking or punishing hazard control
  • Choice Specs is a potential item to further increase power output, but they remove the ability to switch between and can give opponents free turns
  • Hidden Power Ice can let you 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, clearing the way for fighting-types to sweep

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster offensive threats**: Offensive Pokemon that outrun Galvantula such as Heliolisk and Crobat can outspeed and do large amounts of damage, if not OHKO outright.

**Special Walls**: Galvantula cannot do much damage to special walls, such as Blissey, or naturally bulky pokemon such as Florges, and they can relatively freely heal off damage.

**Strong Priority**: Strong priority moves from the likes of Entei and Mega Absol can OHKO due to Galvantula's less than stellar bulk.

I feel like reliable entry hazard removal should be mentioned here as it takes away Galvantula's "main" niche. Examples are Zapdos and Gligar and maybe Salamence.
Comments are in red. Once these are implemented, consider this your second QC check n_n

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I'd rephrase the overview a little. Right now it's looking like this:

Sticky Web niche > outclassed > Compound Eyes > coverage > mention to how frail and prone to residual damage it is

I'd mention how it's outclassed as an offensive Electric-type before getting into what makes it worth running on some teams, but it's looking nice overall in spite of that.

[Set Comments]

Most issues I'm finding are related to the way you've worded stuff, so I'll let GP handle that, but there's this bit in moves about Azelf that makes it sound like it takes little damage from Thunder, which sounds a little weird to me. Remove it.

Emphasizing Flying-type resists in Team Options isn't totally wrong, but I don't like how all the options you gave get completely ravaged by the most common Flying-types in the tier (Aerodactyl and Salamence). Plus, both Rotom-H and Zapdos are redundant when paired up with Galvantula, as they still can't break some special walls (Florges and Blissey) effectively enough to pull an Electric spam kind of strategy successfully

OO is looking fine.

C&C is good as well content-wise, but I'd order it the following way: Faster Offensive Pokemon > Reliable Hazard Removal (considering this Pokemon's main goal is to get Webs up) > Priority > Special Walls

3/3 once you implement these changes

note: I'm not a fan of Giga Drain (ffs, regular Swampert has a slim chance of surviving it lol), but I haven't seen anyone else opposing it, so I suppose it's ok to let it stay where it is currently. Personally, I'd make Energy Ball the sole slash while keeping Drain in moves as a weaker alternative.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
amcheck~

[OVERVIEW]

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk, the former having more overall bulk and being able to hit much harder, while the latter sitting in sits in a better Speed tier and having has better diversity in its movesets and having Dry Skin Dry Skin, which effectively neuters the plethora of bulky waters in UnderUsed, and better diversity in its movesets. Additionally, it stands firmly in a Speed tier crowded by other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Webs beforehand. Additionally, Also, being a grounded Bug-type due to its Bug / Electric typing, (kinda subjective, but "grounded" seems quite redundant. We know it's grounded because a) it's not a Flying-type, and b) it hasn't got Levitate) it is weak to Stealth Rocks and loses 25% of its health every time it needs to switches in on them, as well as being affected by every other form of entry hazard. That wouldn't normally be an issue, but being reliant its reliance (again subjective, but fits better this way) on a Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage leaves it struggling to survive without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche in access to Sticky Web (to be honest, it would've been better if this was mentioned first, then the negative features), a move that which reduces an opponent's the foes Speed by one upon switch-in. To further its' (remove ') offensive prowess, with Compound Eyes, Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of a massive accuracy boost to the its powerful STAB move of Thunder, which allows it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With the dual STAB moves it has, most Taunt users are not safe from Galvantula, nor are the many hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]
(remove line break here)
evs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. With Thunder, especially in a tier full of bulky waters and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull weight by using it as a reliable high-powered STAB move, (remove ,) able to 2HKO most of them tier's bulky waters, and threaten most Flying-types that are in the tier. Bug Buzz is the secondary STAB move, and combats some common Electric switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, as well as having a way to hammer common Taunt users that aren't hit super-effectively by Thunder, (add ,) such as Azelf. Energy Ball is the final attack that which allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types like Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to last slightly longer, though it is much weaker than Energy Ball. Sucker Punch, although almost useless otherwise, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon who that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, or deal with severely weakened teams.

Set Details
========

A (for consistency as you say "a Life Orb" many times prior to this section) Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed and Special Attack EVs in and a Timid nature gets it Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs granting it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative for Life Orb, though it loses much of it's (remove ') power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field with little damage, so bringing it in on a predicted status move (well, if it switches in on Toxic / WoW, it is technically taking damage, so you might wanna rephrase this part) or switch can be very benefical. From there, depending on the team, setting up Sticky Webs or attacking depends on the team; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Webs should be a priority, while against defensive teams, (add ,) an attack may be the better route as they will likely not be too bothered by a Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak to a minor degree due to with Thunder, or and once its checks and counters are removed, (add ,) it can clean up a weakened team. More so, when playing against teams with little to no hazard control, setting up webs can be a mindless task and simply lead with Galvantula to set them up turn one, especially if Sashed. when holding a Focus Sash. (not sure if "Sashed" is an acceptable term--if it is, feel free to keep it as is)

Team Options
========

Strong, yet slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt very much so appreciate Sticky Webs support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power that is checked by lower Speed. (if here, you mean that they are checked due to their lower Speed, perhaps change it to "that are checked by common threats due to their low Speed", or something along those lines) (remove line break--no need for a new paragraph) A Flying-type resist is particularly useful as they are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users who which are unaffected by Sticky Web Webs in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega-Aerodactyl (remove -), bar Fire Blast variants (do they both have Fire Blast variants? If only Salamence does, change it to "more dangerous Salamence—bar Fire Blast variants—...". Same for Aero). Mega Aerodactyl itself is a very offensive way Pokemon that can to attack the Flying-types that trouble Galvantula ("the" limits the Flying-types, so you need to be clear what Flying-types), though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Webs, while also resisting Flying attacks, as well as being able to break through special walls like Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, lest as ("lest" is waaaay too formal, if i'm gonna be honest) they remove your hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom and Swords Dance + and (remove +) Stone Edge Cobalion both do the job nicely, as does Mamoswine with astonishing power and the typing to hit them incredibly hard. Sticky Webs in general favors this kind of offense, being able to keep pressure on and forcing opponents onto the back foot, out, though bulky offense works equally as well, (add ,) as they (they who? Bulky Offense?) can stomach a hit and punish back with a powerful attack in kind. (in this part, you're referring playstyles as Pokemon, which is really confusing)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though at the expense of power and forcing you to be able to predict what move is coming in so you don't lose a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed, while not touching affecting the rest of the team. However, it does carry the benefit of being less reliant on keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners in kind. Choice Specs are is another seperate item option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility and can give an opponent the foe a free turn to switch in and Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows you to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Offensive Threats**: Offensive Pokemon that outrun Galvantula such as Heliolisk and Crobat can outspeed and can do large amounts of damage, if not outright OHKO it outright.

**Reliable Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Webs, reliable hazard removal can take away the webs it easily. Zapdos in particular can remove the hazards as well as shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost. (you mention hazard removal then "in particular" so the next subject should be about removing hazards, therefore I added a part in, but do change it (I'm not QC so I'm not too familiar with Zapdos))

**Strong Priority**: Strong priority moves from the likes of Entei and Mega Absol can OHKO due to Galvantula's less than stellar bulk.

**Special Walls**: Galvantula cannot do much damage to special walls, such as Blissey, or naturally bulky pokemon such as Florges, and they can relatively freely heal off damage.
Just remember: Sticky Web > Sticky Webs / Webs! Some things I noticed:
  • Remember capital letters for moves / abilities / stats so: Thunder Wave, Regenerator, Defense.
  • Choice of language - some of the words didn't really fit in and sounded weird, so I adjusted the sentences with them in.
  • Order of sentences were also changed because the original were kinda ambiguous.
So just look over my changes [:

Last edited:

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
editing over the above amcheck with some of my own changes, in the same format. my own comments will be in pink and Sobi's will be changed to green.

[OVERVIEW]

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk,. (Remove , Add .) The former having has more overall bulk and being is able to hit much harder, while the latter sitting in sits in a better Speed tier, (add ,) and having has better diversity in its movesets and having Dry Skin access to Dry Skin, which effectively neuters the to deal with the plethora of bulky waters in UnderUsed, and has better diversity in its movesets. Additionally, it Galvantula stands firmly in a faces competition within its Speed tier too, as it is crowded by other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

(probably remove this space)

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Webs beforehand. Additionally, Also, being a grounded Bug-type due to its Bug / Electric This typing also leaves Galvantula it is weak to Stealth Rock, (add ,)s (no need to mention its typing twice; it's the same overall weakness) and loses 25% of its health every time it needs to switches in on them, as well as being affected by every other form of entry hazard. That wouldn't normally be an issue (hazard weakness is always an issue), but being reliant and with its reliance on a Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage leaves it Galvantula can quickly find itself struggling to survive against residual damage if left without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche in access to Sticky Web, a move that which reduces an opponent's the foes Speed by one stage upon switch-in. To further its' (remove ') offensive prowess, with Compound Eyes, Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of Compound Eyes, which provides a massive accuracy boost to the its powerful STAB move of Thunder, which allows helping it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With the dual STAB moves it has, most Taunt users are not safe from Galvantula, nor are the many common hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]
(remove line break here)

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. With Thunder, especially In a tier full of bulky waters and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull weight by using it Thunder as a reliable high-powered STAB move, (remove ,) able to 2HKO most of them tier's bulky waters, and threaten most Flying-types that are in the tier. Bug Buzz is the secondary STAB move, and it combats some common Electric switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, as well as having a way to while also hammering common Taunt users that aren't hit super-effectively by Thunder, (add ,) such as Azelf. Energy Ball is the final attack that which allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types like Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to last slightly longer, though it is much weaker than Energy Ball. Sucker Punch, although almost useless in most situations otherwise, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon who that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, or deal with and can help to clean up severely weakened teams. (is this actually worth a mention? you don't slash it, maybe move it to OO)

Set Details
========

A Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed and Special Attack EVs in and a Timid nature gets it Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs granting it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative for Life Orb, though it Galvantula loses much of it's (remove ') power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field with little damage as unharmed as possible, so bringing it in on a predicted status move or switch can be very benefical. From there, depending on the team, setting set up Sticky Webs or attacking depends on the team; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Webs should be a priority, while against defensive teams, (remove ,) an attack may be the better route as they will likely not be too bothered by a have more impact than the Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak to a minor degree due to with Thunder, or and once its checks and counters are removed, (remove ,) it can clean up a weakened team. More so, When playing against teams with little to no hazard control, setting up webs can be a mindless task and a good option is to simply lead with Galvantula to set them up Sticky Web on turn one, especially if Sashed. if Galvantula is holding a Focus Sash.

Team Options
========

Strong, yet but slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt very much so appreciate Sticky Webs support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power and thus benefit from Sticky Web that is checked by lower Speed. A teammate to resist Flying-type attacks would be resist is particularly useful, (add ,) as they Flying-types (seems like this could refer to the teammates) are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users who which are to be unaffected by Sticky Web Webs in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega-Aerodactyl (remove -), bar Fire Blast variants (do they both have Fire Blast variants? If only Salamence does, change it to "more dangerous Salamence—bar Fire Blast variants—...". Same for Aero). Mega Aerodactyl itself is a very strong offensive way Pokemon teammate that can to attack the Flying-types that trouble Galvantula ("the" limits the Flying-types, so you need to be clear what Flying-types), though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Webs, (remove ,) while also resisting Flying-type attacks, as well as being and is able to break through special walls like Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, lest as ("lest" is waaaay too formal, if i'm gonna be honest) they remove your hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom and Swords Dance + and (remove +) Stone Edge Cobalion both do the job nicely, as does Mamoswine with its astonishing power and the typing causing it to hit them incredibly hard. Sticky Webs in general favors this kind of offense, being able to keep pressure on and forcing opponents onto the back foot, out, though bulky offense works equally as well, (add ,) as they (they who? Bulky Offense?) can stomach a hit and punish back with a powerful attack in kind. (in this part, you're referring playstyles as Pokemon, which is really confusing)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though it comes at the expense of power and forcing forces you to be able to predict what move is coming in so you don't lose so as to avoid losing a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed, while not touching without affecting the rest of the team as Sticky Web would. However, it Thunder Wave does carry the benefit of being less reliant on keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners in kind. Choice Specs are is another seperate item option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility and it can give an opponent the foe a free turn to switch in and Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows you to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Offensive Threats**: Offensive Pokemon that outrun Galvantula such as Heliolisk and Crobat can outspeed and can do large amounts of damage, if not outright OHKO it outright.

**Reliable Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Webs, reliable hazard removal can take away the webs it easily make Galvantula far less useful. Zapdos in particular can remove the hazards as well as shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost. (you mention hazard removal then "in particular" so the next subject should be about removing hazards, therefore I added a part in, but do change it (I'm not QC so I'm not too familiar with Zapdos))

a good amcheck in regards to correction of clear grammatical errors. as far as improvement, i would recommend reading over sentences after you've checked them. it can help you to work out whether or not they sound awkward after the change, or even sounded awkward to begin with.

as for the analysis: your writing style is pretty good. you slip up with some clunky language a bit at some points, but those seem more like overlooked errors than a problem with your overall writing ability.

anyway the edited amcheck here is fine so i'll stamp it and say this is gp 1/2

editing over the above amcheck with some of my own changes, in the same format. my own comments will be in pink and Sobi's will be changed to green.

[OVERVIEW]

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk,. (Remove , Add .) The former having has more overall bulk and being is able to hit much harder, while the latter sitting in sits in a better Speed tier, (add ,) and having has better diversity in its movesets and having Dry Skin access to Dry Skin, which effectively neuters the to deal with the plethora of bulky waters in UnderUsed, and has better diversity in its movesets. Additionally, it Galvantula stands firmly in a faces competition within its Speed tier too, as it is crowded by other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

(probably remove this space)

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Webs beforehand. Additionally, Also, being a grounded Bug-type due to its Bug / Electric This typing also leaves Galvantula it is weak to Stealth Rock, (add ,)s (no need to mention its typing twice; it's the same overall weakness) and loses 25% of its health every time it needs to switches in on them, as well as being affected by every other form of entry hazard. That wouldn't normally be an issue (hazard weakness is always an issue), but being reliant and with its reliance on a Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage leaves it Galvantula can quickly find itself struggling to survive against residual damage if left without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche in access to Sticky Web, a move that which reduces an opponent's the foes Speed by one stage upon switch-in. To further its' (remove ') offensive prowess, with Compound Eyes, Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of Compound Eyes, which provides a massive accuracy boost to the its powerful STAB move of Thunder, which allows helping it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With the dual STAB moves it has, most Taunt users are not safe from Galvantula, nor are the many common hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]
(remove line break here)

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. With Thunder, especially In a tier full of bulky waters and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull weight by using it Thunder as a reliable high-powered STAB move, (remove ,) able to 2HKO most of them tier's bulky waters, and threaten most Flying-types that are in the tier. Bug Buzz is the secondary STAB move, and it combats some common Electric switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, as well as having a way to while also hammering common Taunt users that aren't hit super-effectively by Thunder, (add ,) such as Azelf. Energy Ball is the final attack that which allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types like Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to last slightly longer, though it is much weaker than Energy Ball. Sucker Punch, although almost useless in most situations otherwise, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon who that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, or deal with and can help to clean up severely weakened teams. (is this actually worth a mention? you don't slash it, maybe move it to OO)

Set Details
========

A Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed and Special Attack EVs in and a Timid nature gets it Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs granting it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative for Life Orb, though it Galvantula loses much of it's (remove ') power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field with little damage as unharmed as possible, so bringing it in on a predicted status move or switch can be very benefical. From there, depending on the team, setting set up Sticky Webs or attacking depends on the team; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Webs should be a priority, while against defensive teams, (remove ,) an attack may be the better route as they will likely not be too bothered by a have more impact than the Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak to a minor degree due to with Thunder, or and once its checks and counters are removed, (remove ,) it can clean up a weakened team. More so, When playing against teams with little to no hazard control, setting up webs can be a mindless task and a good option is to simply lead with Galvantula to set them up Sticky Web on turn one, especially if Sashed. if Galvantula is holding a Focus Sash.

Team Options
========

Strong, yet but slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt very much so appreciate Sticky Webs support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power and thus benefit from Sticky Web that is checked by lower Speed. A teammate to resist Flying-type attacks would be resist is particularly useful, (add ,) as they Flying-types (seems like this could refer to the teammates) are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users who which are to be unaffected by Sticky Web Webs in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega-Aerodactyl (remove -), bar Fire Blast variants (do they both have Fire Blast variants? If only Salamence does, change it to "more dangerous Salamence—bar Fire Blast variants—...". Same for Aero). Mega Aerodactyl itself is a very strong offensive way Pokemon teammate that can to attack the Flying-types that trouble Galvantula ("the" limits the Flying-types, so you need to be clear what Flying-types), though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Webs, (remove ,) while also resisting Flying-type attacks, as well as being and is able to break through special walls like Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, lest as ("lest" is waaaay too formal, if i'm gonna be honest) they remove your hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom and Swords Dance + and (remove +) Stone Edge Cobalion both do the job nicely, as does Mamoswine with its astonishing power and the typing causing it to hit them incredibly hard. Sticky Webs in general favors this kind of offense, being able to keep pressure on and forcing opponents onto the back foot, out, though bulky offense works equally as well, (add ,) as they (they who? Bulky Offense?) can stomach a hit and punish back with a powerful attack in kind. (in this part, you're referring playstyles as Pokemon, which is really confusing)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though it comes at the expense of power and forcing forces you to be able to predict what move is coming in so you don't lose so as to avoid losing a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed, while not touching without affecting the rest of the team as Sticky Web would. However, it Thunder Wave does carry the benefit of being less reliant on keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners in kind. Choice Specs are is another seperate item option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility and it can give an opponent the foe a free turn to switch in and Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows you to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Reliable Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Webs, reliable hazard removal can take away the webs it easily make Galvantula far less useful. Zapdos in particular can remove the hazards as well as shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost. (you mention hazard removal then "in particular" so the next subject should be about removing hazards, therefore I added a part in, but do change it (I'm not QC so I'm not too familiar with Zapdos))

a good amcheck in regards to correction of clear grammatical errors. as far as improvement, i would recommend reading over sentences after you've checked them. it can help you to work out whether or not they sound awkward after the change, or even sounded awkward to begin with.

as for the analysis: your writing style is pretty good. you slip up with some clunky language a bit at some points, but those seem more like overlooked errors than a problem with your overall writing ability.

anyway the edited amcheck here is fine so i'll stamp it and say this is gp 1/2
Implemented, ready for 2/2.

queez

wandering and wondering
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Additions
Removals
Comments
[OVERVIEW]

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk. The former has more overall bulk and is able to hit much harder, while the latter sits in a better Speed tier, has access to Dry Skin to deal with the plethora of bulky waters Water-types in UnderUsed, and has better diversity in its movesets. Galvantula faces competition from within its Speed tier too, as it is crowded by filled with other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Web beforehand. This typing also leaves Galvantula weak to Stealth Rock, and with its reliance on a Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage, Galvantula can quickly find itself struggling to survive against residual damage if left without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche in with its access to Sticky Web, which reduces the foe'(add apostrophe)s Speed by one stage upon switch-in switching in. To further its offensive prowess,(add comma) Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of Compound Eyes, which provides a massive accuracy boost to its powerful STAB move Thunder, helping it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric-type switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With Galvantula's the dual STAB moves it has, most Taunt users are not safe from it Galvantula, nor are the many common entry hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. In a tier full of bulky waters Water- and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull its weight by using Thunder as a reliable high-powered STAB move to 2HKO most of them. Bug Buzz,(add comma) is the secondary STAB move, and it combats some common Electric-type switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, while also hammering common Taunt users that aren't hit super-effectively by Thunder for super effective damage, such as Azelf. Energy Ball allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types,(add comma) like such as Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to help Galvantula last slightly longer, though but it is much weaker than Energy Ball.

Set Details
========

A Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature gets Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs grant it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Focus Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative for to Life Orb, though Galvantula loses much of power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Focus Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field as unharmed as possible, so bringing it in on a predicted status move or switch can be very benefical. From there, depending on the team, set up Sticky Web or attack; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Web should be a priority, while against defensive teams an attack may have more of an impact than the Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak with Thunder, and once its checks and counters are removed it can clean up a weakened team. When playing against teams with little to no entry hazard control, a good option is to simply lead with Galvantula to set up Sticky Web on turn one, especially if Galvantula it is holding a Focus Sash.

Team Options
========

Strong but slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt appreciate Sticky Web support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power,(add comma) and thus benefit benefitting from Sticky Web. A teammate to resist Flying-type attacks would be particularly useful, as Flying-types are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users be that are unaffected by Sticky Web in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega Aerodactyl, bar Fire Blast variants of Salamence. Mega Aerodactyl itself is a strong offensive teammate that can attack Flying-types that trouble Galvantu Galvantula, though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Web while also resisting Flying-type attacks, and is able to break through special walls like such as Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, as they remove yourhazards entry hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom,(add comma) Mamoswine,(add comma) and Swords Dance and + Stone Edge Cobalion both all do the job nicely, as does Mamoswine with its astonishing power and typing causing it to hit incredibly hard. Sticky Web in general favors this kind of offense,(remove comma) being able to keep by keeping pressure on and forcing opponents out, though bulky offense works equally just as well, as the teammates normally found on that archetype build can stomach a hit and punish back with a powerful attack in kind return.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though it comes at the expense of power and forces you to predict what move is coming so as to avoid losing a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed,(remove comma) without affecting the rest of the team as Sticky Web would. However, Thunder Wave does carry the benefit of being less reliant on keeping pressure on pressuring Defoggers and spinners in kind. Choice Specs is another option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility,(add comma) and it can give the foe opponent a free turn to switch in and use Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows you Galvantula to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job. Sucker Punch, although almost useless in most situations, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, and can help to clean up severely weakened teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Offensive Threats**: Offensive Pokemon that outrun Galvantula such as Heliolisk and Crobat can do large amounts of damage, if not outright OHKO it.

**Reliable Entry Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Web, reliable entry hazard removal on the opposing team can easily make Galvantula far less useful. Zapdos in particular is a particularly notable threat, as it can remove the entry hazards as well as and shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost.

**Strong Priority Moves**: Strong priority moves from the likes of Entei and Mega Absol can OHKO Galvantula due to Galvantula's its less than stellar bulk.

**Special Walls**: Galvantula cannot do much damage to special walls, such as Blissey, or naturally bulky pokemon such as Florges, and they can relatively freely easily heal off damage.

sorry about the delay I made quesadillas and got distracted. GP 2/2 my friend

Last edited:
Additions
Removals
Comments
[OVERVIEW]

Galvantula is outclassed offensively by Zapdos and Heliolisk. The former has more overall bulk and is able to hit much harder, while the latter sits in a better Speed tier, has access to Dry Skin to deal with the plethora of bulky Water-types in UnderUsed, and has better diversity in its movesets. Galvantula faces competition from within its Speed tier too, as it is filled with other offensive threats such as Cobalion and Infernape.

On top of that, it is held back by a poor defensive typing against many threats, falling to almost anything faster than it unless it can set up Sticky Web beforehand. This typing also leaves Galvantula weak to Stealth Rock, and with its reliance on Life Orb to deal any large amount of damage, Galvantula can quickly find itself struggling to survive against residual damage if left without support.

However, Galvantula provides a useful niche with its access to Sticky Web, which reduces the foe'(add apostrophe)s Speed by one stage upon switching in. To further its offensive prowess,(add comma) Galvantula receives a blessing in the form of Compound Eyes, which provides a massive accuracy boost to its powerful STAB move Thunder, helping it to compete with the other Electric-types in the tier. Additionally, with Bug Buzz and Energy Ball, Galvantula can decimate some of the more common Electric-type switch-ins such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, and Swampert. With Galvantula's dual STAB moves, most Taunt users are not safe from it, nor are the many common entry hazard removers such as Blastoise, Empoleon, and Crobat.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Sticky Web is the only reason to be running Galvantula, and with it Galvantula can take advantage of faster grounded Pokemon by slowing them down. In a tier full of bulky waters Water- and Flying-types, Galvantula can pull its weight by using Thunder as a reliable high-powered STAB move to 2HKO most of them. Bug Buzz, is the secondary STAB move, and it combats some common Electric-type switch-ins, such as Hydreigon, Krookodile, and Sceptile, while also hammering common Taunt users that aren't hit super-effectively by Thunder for super effective damage, such as Azelf. Energy Ball allows Galvantula to hit Ground-types,(add comma) like such as Swampert and Nidoqueen, which would otherwise almost completely wall it. Giga Drain is an option to help Galvantula last slightly longer, though but it is much weaker than Energy Ball.

Set Details
========

A Life Orb is almost mandatory to grant Galvantula the kind of power it requires, as otherwise it lacks any kind of meaningful damage output due to a lackluster Special Attack stat. Investing 252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature gets Galvantula up to 346 Speed, on par with Cobalion and Infernape, while 252 Special Attack EVs grant it the most power it can afford. Compound Eyes allows Galvantula to have a 91% accurate Thunder, though Swarm can be used on a Focus Sash set to boost the power of Bug Buzz. Focus Sash is a viable alternative for to Life Orb, though Galvantula loses much of power and usually only functions well as a dedicated lead if using such. However, with a Focus Sash equipped, it can OHKO common anti-lead pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Absol, Espeon, and Azelf.

Usage Tips
========

Galvantula appreciates being able to get on the field as unharmed as possible, so bringing it in on a predicted status move or switch can be very benefical. From there, depending on the team, set up Sticky Web or attack; if the opposing team is offensive, setting up Sticky Web should be a priority, while against defensive teams an attack may have more of an impact than the Speed drop. Galvantula can also wallbreak with Thunder, and once its checks and counters are removed it can clean up a weakened team. When playing against teams with little to no entry hazard control, a good option is to simply lead with Galvantula to set up Sticky Web on turn one, especially if Galvantula it is holding a Focus Sash.

Team Options
========

Strong but slower setup sweepers and wallbreakers such as Lucario and Crawdaunt appreciate Sticky Web support, as they can blow by some checks and counters by virtue of being able to outspeed them. Mamoswine in particular is absolutely terrifying on any Sticky Web team, complementing Galvantula's typing nicely and providing immense firepower. Other options include Gardevoir, Hoopa, Nidoking, Honchkrow, and Porygon-Z, as they are all slower Pokemon with massive amounts of power,(add comma) and thus benefit benefitting from Sticky Web. A teammate to resist Flying-type attacks would be particularly useful, as Flying-types are the only Pokemon other than Levitate users be that are unaffected by Sticky Web in the first place. Shuca Berry Cobalion can handle the more dangerous Salamence and Mega Aerodactyl, bar Fire Blast variants of Salamence. Mega Aerodactyl itself is a strong offensive teammate that can attack Flying-types that trouble Galvantula, though its Stone Edge can be unreliable. Metagross can take advantage of Sticky Web while also resisting Flying-type attacks, and is able to break through special walls like such as Florges.

Keeping pressure on Defoggers and spinners is vital, as they remove yourhazards entry hazards and undo your work. Taunt Mega Houndoom,(add comma) Mamoswine,(add comma) and Swords Dance and + Stone Edge Cobalion both all do the job nicely, as does Mamoswine with its astonishing power and typing causing it to hit incredibly hard. Sticky Web in general favors this kind of offense,(remove comma) being able to keep by keeping pressure on and forcing opponents out, though bulky offense works equally just as well, as the teammates normally found on that archetype build can stomach a hit and punish back with a powerful attack in kind return.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Volt Switch can give Galvantula momentum, though it comes at the expense of power and forces you to predict what move is coming so as to avoid losing a teammate. Thunder Wave is an alternative speed control option that quarters a single Pokemon's Speed,(remove comma) without affecting the rest of the team as Sticky Web would. However, Thunder Wave does carry the benefit of being less reliant on keeping pressure on pressuring Defoggers and spinners in kind. Choice Specs is another option, though with the increase in power comes a decrease in versatility,(add comma) and it can give the foe opponent a free turn to switch in and use Defog or Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Ice is a final option that allows you Galvantula to 2HKO Nidoqueen and Gligar, paving the way for a sweeper such as Lucario to finish the job. Sucker Punch, although almost useless in most situations, allows Galvantula to easily pick off Pokemon that were protected by a Focus Sash or Sturdy, and can help to clean up severely weakened teams.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Reliable Entry Hazard Removal**: With Galvantula's main niche being Sticky Web, reliable entry hazard removal on the opposing team can easily make Galvantula far less useful. Zapdos in particular is a particularly notable threat, as it can remove the entry hazards as well as and shrug off most of Galvantula's attacks with Roost.

**Strong Priority Moves**: Strong priority moves from the likes of Entei and Mega Absol can OHKO Galvantula due to Galvantula's its less than stellar bulk.

**Special Walls**: Galvantula cannot do much damage to special walls, such as Blissey, or naturally bulky pokemon such as Florges, and they can relatively freely easily heal off damage.

sorry about the delay I made quesadillas and got distracted. GP 2/2 my friend
This is implemented and that means I'm done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)