1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Game mechanic glitch, need help

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by nose, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nose

nose

Hey all, recently I came up with this really neat idea. Here's how it went down.

Ok, so I lead with a smeargle and use conversion so it becomes an electric type. Then, I baton pass out to a shedinja with an air balloon. Shedinja shouldn't be able to be hurt at all, right? But my opponent used sucker punch and I fainted. Why is this? Shedinja was displayed as an electric type. Is this some kind of glitch?
  2. Harbinger of Peace

Harbinger of Peace

3. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Conversion is not a Volatile Status. It changes the type of the Pokemon that is hit by it, like Simple Beam with types instead of abilities. Because Shedinja couldn't become a normal type by BPing normally and Smeargle is now an Electric type, Shedinja won't become an Electric type. The Electric type display, though, was probably a glitch.

Also, as a note, you should post this in the Bug Report thread in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)