1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Game mechanic glitch, need help

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by nose, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nose

nose

Hey all, recently I came up with this really neat idea. Here's how it went down.

Ok, so I lead with a smeargle and use conversion so it becomes an electric type. Then, I baton pass out to a shedinja with an air balloon. Shedinja shouldn't be able to be hurt at all, right? But my opponent used sucker punch and I fainted. Why is this? Shedinja was displayed as an electric type. Is this some kind of glitch?
  2. Harbinger of Peace

Harbinger of Peace

3. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Conversion is not a Volatile Status. It changes the type of the Pokemon that is hit by it, like Simple Beam with types instead of abilities. Because Shedinja couldn't become a normal type by BPing normally and Smeargle is now an Electric type, Shedinja won't become an Electric type. The Electric type display, though, was probably a glitch.

Also, as a note, you should post this in the Bug Report thread in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)