Gamestop Tournament "I'm Going To This Store" Registry.

I'll go to the one at the one in Austin, TX, at the Arboretum, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

4v4, single? That's a bit weird. I'll prolly call them and see if they don't have any more details about the rules. Also, I need to get myself trained up in a week and a half. GO HYPERSPEED!!!

I'm running the tourny at my Gamestop here on Maui. The paper work that corporate sent us didn't say anything about 4v4, but I'll read it over again just tto be sure. At any rate, I'm going to change the rules to reflect a more "smogon" format. Advice from experienced players would be appreciated.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I'll try for the Hawaii Kai store, but if things don't work out, I'll probably head to the Kahala store... Either way, this'll be fun. I'll have to ask about the rules for both stores, first.

Graceland S/C 5057 N. High Street Columbus OH 43214

Although, I'll go to one of the others in Columbus if someone else is.

Whoa, Jibaku lives in Maryland? Sweet. I might go to Montgomery Mall MD or Annapolis Mall MD. Though it is likely that I will be going to Annapolis Mall.

So no rules yet, I guess I'm gonna be as cheap and gay as I possibly can to win this.

I live in the Twin Cities, so I'll be going to whichever metro area location ends up having the most Smogoners (although it's looking like no one else here lives in Minnesota).

EDIT: By the way, I'm anticipating either no rules or rules to be decided on at the spur of the moment. Let's face it: GameStop is doing this to attract business. For the most part, they won't have a clue about rulesets. If you tell the people in charge which rules to use (L. 50, Sleep Clause, etc.) and you sound like you know what you're talking about, they'll probably use those rules. So if the people setting it up at your GameStop seem like they have no clue about rulesets, make your voice heard and help them out.

Oh, and expect lots of Übers.

EDIT: It appears that I may have been wrong. Now there's a thread for official rules of the tournament. Let's hope it goes well!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Whoa, Jibaku lives in Maryland? Sweet. I might go to Montgomery Mall MD or Annapolis Mall MD. Though it is likely that I will be going to Annapolis Mall.

So no rules yet, I guess I'm gonna be as cheap and gay as I possibly can to win this.
Don't. You'll ruin my chances of winning xD.

Although it would be nice meeting you in person. But beware, I'm smaller than you think.

Also, my Bro's game name isn't Jibaku, so don't look for that if you ever come

Some people are forgetting that it might be battle tower rules, so no kyogre or other legendary pokemon(sorry jibaku no azlef then) but latios/as and wobuffet are ok.

Does any one have more info about these tournements like when, rules, ect.
I cant find anything on the gamestop wed site. Links would be uber great

I'm running the tournament in Muskogee, Oklahoma. :)

as far as rules go, the tournament pack i received said it would be a 4x4 lvl 50 battle. i think each store sets it's own rules as far as allowing legendaries or not, but i will probably use the smogon tier to say which ones are legendaries and thus banned. heh. as far as prizes, first prize gets the battle revolution disk the tourney will be played on and a "poketopia"(??) shirt, with second prize getting a shirt as well, and everyone else getting bookmarks. heh.

but even so, i'm lookin forward to it.

If I was not stuck in Japan for the next 14 days (I've been here for nearly 50 now) I would totally go to either the gamestops in bellevue or puyallup (near where I live, i.e. washington state) but as I am stuck in japan, I am not going to get the chance to test out my new wayyyy OU team against a bunch of kids.

If I was not stuck in Japan for the next 14 days (I've been here for nearly 50 now) I would totally go to either the gamestops in bellevue or puyallup (near where I live, i.e. washington state) but as I am stuck in japan, I am not going to get the chance to test out my new wayyyy OU team against a bunch of kids.
STUCK.....IN JAPAN......NEXT 14 DAYS.....lucky SOB you should pick up a nice legit darkrai.

I should be at the Hastings Village one in Pasadena, CA. The thing is my girlfriends coming back from the Bahamas that day. Maybe she'll let me bring her? She doesnt play Pokemon and I hope she doesnt think its lame that I REALLY REALLY want to go to a Pokemon tournament. Even if she does that wouldnt stop me. Haha

EDIT:
The one in Pasadena decided not to do it anymore due to a lack of people requesting it. I'll look around for a different one.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I should be at the Hastings Village one in Pasadena. The thing is my girlfriends coming back from the Bahamas that day. Maybe she'll let me bring her? She doesnt play Pokemon and I hope she doesnt think its lame that I REALLY REALLY want to go to a Pokemon tournament. Even if she does that wouldnt stop me. Haha
Ugh, I know the feeling. I was supposed to be having dinner with my (now ex-) girlfriend the day of the TRU Mew Giveaways. I was still way in back of the line when 3:00 rolled around (the time when the giveaways were supposed to stop), but I still had an hour or so to go before I had to leave, so I stayed. But by the time I did have to leave, I was still nowhere near the head of the line, so I gave up and left.

In the end, I missed out on my Mew AND I was late for dinner with my then-girlfriend. :chaos:

I lucked out on that one. I was going to go to the Renaissance Festival with my girlfriend, but on the way there we stopped at TRU for the Mew givaway. My housemate also came along to the store (taking a separate car, since he wasn't going to the festival). The line was a lot longer than I thought it would be.

Long story short, I decided to leave after a short while to avoid angering my girlfriend, but luckily my housemate convinced the people running the event to give him an extra Mew, so I got one anyway.

My brother has agreed to play for me at Gamestop while I'm gone for my last day at USC.

My cousin could also drop by and play with him too, but that's just speculation.

EDIT: Wrong store, the one I posted might not host it, so he's going to this one.

West Side Pavilion 10800 West Pico Blvd, Space 353 Los Angeles CA

Also, don't count my brother out. (especially you BKK :D) he might not be an experienced Pokemon battler, but he has the heart and mind of a gamer. ;)

I'll be going to the one in Racine, WI. Sadly, there probably won't be any rules, but I don't expect many people to show up.

I'm going to the one in merrick commons new york. hopefully nobody from these forums goes there. cause i want that shirt bad.

lol jk. but no. seriously. don't go there. please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)