Resource RBY & Tradebacks Bug Report Thread

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
If a Pokémon is locked into Wrap, and misses on an opponent switch, it doesn't lose a PP. The correct mechanic is that it should lose a PP.

Last edited:

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Haze is not working correctly.

Haze shoud:
• Reset the Stat changes of both Pokémon
• Remove Major Status from the opponent's Active Pokémon
• Remove Speed drop from Paralysis, and Attack drop from Burn
• Remove volatile Status, such as Confusion and Leech Seed
• Revert user's Toxic Poison to normal Poison
• Trap a Frozen Pokémon in its Recharge state if it was frozen after using Hyper Beam

Relevant replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-202801811
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-202804702 (turn 7)

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm an unsure whether it was hotpatched in or not, but Wrap is currently still not losing PP when it misses on the switch.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Haze is not working correctly.

Haze shoud:
• Reset the Stat changes of both Pokémon
• Remove Major Status from the opponent's Active Pokémon
• Remove Speed drop from Paralysis, and Attack drop from Burn
• Remove volatile Status, such as Confusion and Leech Seed
• Revert user's Toxic Poison to normal Poison
• Trap a Frozen Pokémon in its Recharge state if it was frozen after using Hyper Beam

Relevant replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-202801811
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-202804702 (turn 7)
Checking it

I'm an unsure whether it was hotpatched in or not, but Wrap is currently still not losing PP when it misses on the switch.
Not hotpatched yet.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Alright I wasn't sure but since some franch told me it was abnormal, I posted here :(

Joim, just a suggestion/request.
Could you add some sort of tag in order to remind when Reflect/Light Screen are active? (Like the ones that appear when you use Focus Energy or are confused.) Or alternatively use the same Reflect/Light Screen animations employed in other generations?

It seems odd to me that those are pretty much the only "invisible" effects in the simulators.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I'll get down to it. The case is that in other generations it's a side condition whereas in gen 1 it's a volatile, so I had to re-add it for gen 1 on the client. Will do today if I find time to do so.

idk what is happening but i got a lot of broken image sprites in randbattles like pidgeotto and victreebel and ditto should be nv99 in randbattles ):

EDIT

I think I found a bug. As I remember moves like submission would not give you recoil when you KO a pokemon.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
idk what is happening but i got a lot of broken image sprites in randbattles like pidgeotto and victreebel and ditto should be nv99 in randbattles ):

EDIT

I think I found a bug. As I remember moves like submission would not give you recoil when you KO a pokemon.
Yeah, sprites broken due to bad names, only Zarel can fix it.
Ditto lvl 99 makes sense tho.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wrap is currently using 2PP every time it's forced to be reused (& connects) on the switch.

Joim

Pixels matter
Why is wrap so goddamn difficult to get right, ugh. I really need automated tests. Anyway I'm beginning to know the code by heart, so I've had a thought on the problem and will be ok later today.

Transform PP... now that's handled by the core engine, let me check if it's been changed lately for future gen purposes.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Here is a RBY bug that has been known for a little bit that I tested today with Piex and it doesn't seem to be in properly (or behave with Leech Seed as it should at any rate). http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-206402640

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Toxic_(move)
If a Pokémon uses Rest and becomes either normally poisoned, burned, or Leech Seeded without switching out, the N (the N value from when Toxic was used before Rest) value will influence the amount of damage done. The damage will increase each time recurrent damage is done. However, if the target becomes badly poisoned again, the cumulative value will be reset. Unlike other types of damage, the recurrent damage done by Toxic can exceed the target's current HP.
Now, I know Bulbapedia isn't the best source of info, so here is a video that Crystal_ made demonstrating the bug with burn:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So are we gonna ban Wrap or what? Maybe I'm just bad at Gen I (highly likely), but it's just BS fighting stuff like Arbok which will Paralyze and trap you.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
lol who the fuck are you

partial trapping isn't banned and won't be banned. I guess having an optional challenge-only wrap-free RBY OU would be fine tho

arbok? you're talking purely about randbats right?

In randbats measures are being taken to reduce the amount of partial trapping cos it's less fun but still competitively relevant.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
this is randbats.

wrap in randbats should be banned because boring imo

edit: dont post late at night...but seriously who loses to arbok in rby ou

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)