Zapdos @ Leftovers
Nature: Serious [neutral]
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 att, 200 spc att, 56 spd
Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Hidden Power [Grass]
Thunder Wave

Mixed sweeper for my lead. Drill Peck and Thunderbolt are for STAB, and HP Grass is for Rock and Ground types the first two attacks don't cover. It also helps me take down Swampert. It doesn't need too many speed EVs because it has Thunder Wave, which slows down opponents and can annoy as well.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant [+att, -spc att]
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Arial Ace
Brick Break

Salamence is my physical sweeper. It's fairly basic and easy to use. Dragon Dance is for predicting a switch or when I know it can't be hit hard, thus allowing me to boost up. Arial Ace for STAB, and Brick Break and Earthquake for coverage.

Gengar @ Petaya Berry
Nature: Modest [+spc att, -att]
Ability: Levitate
252 spc att, 252 spd, 6 hp
Destiny Bond
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

BoltBeam (technically BoltPunch, but whatever) covers tons of types, the only two being resistant to it are Lanturn and Magneton. Fire Punch can take down Magneton, and helps bring down pesky Scizors. Petaya Berry for more power when it's dying, and Destiny Bond is for late in battles when it seems necessary to sacrifice Gengar in order to avoid risking harm to my other pokemon by trying to take down difficult pokes like a Curselax. Can also be used when I'm certain I'm up against something that just cannot be dealt with.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm [+spc def, -att]
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 hp, 240 def, 16 spc def
Surf
Mirror Coat
Toxic
Recover

My favorite set on my favorite pokemon. Simply defensive minded which is incredibly difficult to take down, even if it's predictable. Works well as a tank, but even better as a Toxicstaller. Toxic to slowly but surely chip away at pokemon, Surf to deal damage if I need to, Recover to heal, and Mirror Coat to counter Electric, and occasionally, grass attacks.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold [+def, -att]
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 def, 252 hp, 6 spc def
Seismic Toss
Counter
Aromatherapy
Softboiled

Standard Cleric/Special Wall. Even without much special defense EVs, it can take special attack after special attack and still be in good shape. Aromatherapy is to heal any status conditions my team has. Softboiled to heal itself, and Counter is used when it gets hit with a physical attack. Not often my gameplan since physical hits can cripple Blissey, but it helps bring down pokemon. Seismic Toss is just for when it's necessary to hit opponents.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed [+def, -spd]
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 hp, 128 att, 128 def
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Shadow Ball
Rest

A mega mixed pokemon. Can work as a mixed sweeper and a physical wall. Earthquake is for power, Shadow Ball to take down Ghost and Psychics, and Ice Punch is just coverage, which makes this pokemon a great Physical Salamence Counter. May also be able to take a Fire Blast from a Special/Mixed Salamence, and then OHKO it with Ice Punch. Rest is to heal when it's low in health.

i dont see why slowbro is here if you have a milotic :S

maybe replace with skarm, magneton, dugtrio, weezing or try something different like Alakazam, tyranitar, salamence or metagross?

Your Zapdos is a bit unorthodox, but it's actually pretty usable. I'm guessing that you caught it in-game, thus the nature.

Are you battling many human opponents? If not, then I would recommend that you get rid of Focus Punch as the computer AI will not switch out much. If you plan to battle humans, then keep it.

Gengar is decent. Alakazam (and perhaps Starmie) outclass in offense. Gengar's niche is Destiny Bond.

I like your Milotic very much; it's bulky in every way.

Standard Blissey.

I agree that Slowbro should be replaced. You seem to lack anything to take on Snorlax, Tyranitar, or Metagross. Either add a Skarmory or a Metagross of your own.

The only reason I chose Slowbro over Skarmory is because people I play with use Magneton quite often... And, well, Skarmorys hate Magnetons. Plus, I don't have a perfect Salamence counter either.

Tyranitar isn't an option for me, since I already have Slaking and Blissey who are both weak against fighting. A Dragon Danced Salamence would walk all over my team.

I could put Skar in there, but I would be reluctant to do it, based on personal gaming. I kinda like having two ice attacks too, since Gengar isn't a perfect Salamence counter.

Metagross looks iffy but slightly interesting. I'd want a physical sponge, so he'd need Rest, and something like Meteor Mash/EQ and something else. I'm probably going to be suggested Explosion, which I am against for this particular Metagross. Ice Punch/Brick Break?

Switching Slowbro with:

Metagross @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 hp, 128 att, 128 def
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Rest

Not a common set by any means, but I actually like it. No meteor mash here, since EQ/BB already covers rock and ice types. Ice Punch to surprise folks like Salamence. I'm thiking of switching Rest with Arial Ace, since a Machamp could cause problems for my team. Relaxed and def EVs to keep it real sturdy. 128 att EVs with a 135 base att is enough to wreck some havoc to pokes.

Alternate team:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+def, -att)
EVs: 252 hp, 128 def, 128 spc def
Toxic
Mean Look
Batton Pass
Moonlight

Basically, Umbreon leads off and uses Mean Look + Batton Pass (Toxic after Mean Look if I need to) and traps pokemon. Common leaders such as Salamence, Zapdos, and Skarmory will now be trapped and crippled by the following pokemon:

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest (+spc att, -att)
EVs: 252 spc def, 128 spc att, 128 hp
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power [Electric]
Rain Dance

Special Sweeper. 252 spc def EVs to survive Zapdos' Thunder(bolt)s and act a little bit like a special sponge, Ice Beam to kill Salamence, and HP Electric for Skarmory. Rain Dance is to boost its speed and power Surf so I don't need Hydro Pump for this set.

Dusclops @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 hp, 128 def, 128 spc def
Wil-O-Wisp
Pain Split
Night Shade
Protect

Pyrostaller anyone? Fairly basic set. Protect goes first to check the opponents attacks, and then Wil-O-Wisp. Pain Split to heal, and Night Shade to finish guys off.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant (+att, -spc att)
EVs: 252 att, 128 hp, 128 spc def
Agility
Earthquake
Brick Break
Shadow Ball

Agility, then sweep away. The spc def EVs are so it can take a Fire attack, and attack right back. Should 2HKO (at least) any pokemon.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 hp, 200 def, 24 spc att, 24 spc def, 4 spd
Heal Bell
Leech Seed
Psychic
Hidden Power [Grass]

Cleric. Leech Seed to heal itself, and Psychic and HP Grass for STAB.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive (+speed, -spc def)
EVs: 252 spc att, 128 att, 128 spd
Arial Ace
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

Fairly simple, is it not? Sweep, sweep, and sweep some more.

-----

It's a repeat process. Umbreon goes in, traps pokes, runs like hell, and switch to a pokemon depending on who I'm facing. One thing that can catch me though is a Slaking with Focus Punch, after I switch Umbreon in. Other than that, Umbreon has the defenses to take just about any hit, so it shouldn't fail with the Mean Look (Toxic) + Batton Pass combo. Moonlight just in case. Even after Umbreon dies, the rest of my team can pick itself up with three sweepers, a cleric, and a pyrostaller. Umbreon just makes this team more effective and really annoying to deal with.

For the Salamence on the first team, I suggest that you use Rock Slide over Brick Break.
I have been suggested this many times, but I still don't understand why. BB has the same power as RS, and has better accuracy and coverage. Also makes it easier to take down Ttar. BB can also take down screen (kinda irrelevant, but meh) all Rock Slide has is the increase in critical hit probability.

Also STAB Meteor Mash does more than a Super Effective Aerial Ace unless it is used against Breloom or Heracross.
Yeah, my bad, you are correct. I have only used Arial Ace on flying pokes so I often misinterpret it as having 90 base att.

On Team 2, Salamence is inferior to a Mixed Sweeping / SubPunching Dragonite because of its worse move pool.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe) / Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
EVs: 120 HP / 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

OR

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spe)
EVs: 178 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 24 Spe
-Ice Beam
-Focus Punch
-Thunder Bolt / Hidden Power [Grass]
-Flamethrower / [Hidden Power [Flying] / Aerial Ace
Interesting, thanks.

Also, on team 1, would it be logical to switch Metargoss with:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant [+att, -spc att]
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 att, 128 hp, 128 def
Return/Body Slam
Shadow Ball
Curse
Rest

I've always found this pokemon hella difficult to take down, so I don't know why the same can't be said for my opponents, because after it's Cursed to oblivion it's an absolute force. It's immune (no pun intended) to toxicstalling, and as for pyrostalling, it should hold it's own taking down the likes of Dusclops and Gengar because of Shadow Ball. It's defenses will now be extremely high, as well as it's HP, and monstrous attack. Plus it has Rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)