Gen 5 OU Physical Team (First Gen 5)

Finally got B/W in English! In preparation for a tourney between me and some pals, I’d like my newest team to be rated. I’d appreciate any positive feedback and things you’d suggest to be tweaked.

NOTE: I’d prefer the team itself remain unchanged, but if you really see a need for that to happen, say so.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
128 HP, 252 SpD, 128 Def
Relaxed
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
Once, known as Nattorei, this spectacle of a grass type has found a way into my heart. His ability to set up SR and spikes for my team has proven to be VERY helpful, and I’d never replace him.

The set itself is simple. Just set up what he can, Gyro Ball after everything is down, then Explode so the real party can begin. I was considering replacing SR with leech seed/ingrain. Any opinions on that?

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
252 Hp, 144 Def, 108 SpD
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Struggle Bug
-Protect
When I first discovered this guy way back in the good ole RSE days, I thought he was the shit. Now I realize the absolute tragedy this thing is. He is rarely useful, though he can easily find his niche in the role of a baton passer, especially on a physically oriented team such as mine.

Simply put, Ninjask swoops in and quickly SD’s, letting speed boost do its job. Then, it baton passes the boosts to Haxorus/Krookodile. Struggle Bug is there on the freak chance that it gets the opportunity to use it, while Protect stops any chance of a Fake Out breaking his Sash.

Haxorus @ Expert Belt
Mold Breaker
44 Hp, 232 Attk, 4 Def, 228 Speed
Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
Wanna hear something awesome? Having a Jolly Haxorus that just got a SD and a speed boost from a Ninjask under YOUR control. It’s a fantastic feeling, and it still makes me giddy just thinking about it. Anyways, this guy is completely legit. He looks like a total badass (his head is a double-bladed axe for cryin out loud!) Haxorus was part of my team from the first second I began planning it. His monstrous attack makes him one of the best outragers out there, plus he can benefit greatly from Mold Breaker keeping him from Earthquaking a levitator coming in on the switch (ex: Hydreigon, Scarf Flygon, etc.) He is also one of my two Ninjask baton pass receivers, along with Krookodile.

Outrage, Earthquake, and Stone Edge provide perfect coverage with Mold Breaker at your side, so picking whatever move will work the best is the toughest job I have to face w/ him. Dragon Dance is just something there in case I ever get the opportunity to use it, only furthering Haxorus’s sweeping ability.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Bulldoze
I have few words to describe the sheer stopping power of Darmanitan and her Flare Blitz. How could you ever turn down a 100% accurate move with a power of 351? Note that that is normal damage, w/o any boosts attack wise. With SD and SB from ninjask, Dar could drop everything it faced left and right. The only reason for me not to is because the recoil will bring her down after 2-3 kills regardless.

Flare Blitz!! AHHH!!! Superpower is standard for coverage. U-Turn gets Darmanitan outta dodge need be. Now why Bulldoze? Because w/ it, Darmanitan has the possibility to gain the speed advantage while still possessing a nice Ground move other than Dig. Speed is key with Darmanitan, so attacking first could literally decide a match.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Shell Armor
216 Hp, 196 Attk, 96 Def
Sassy
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Pursuit
-Swords Dance
What happens when you mix a Spartan and an insect inside a suit of armor? A bulky super cannon alternative to Scizor. Even though Scizor has a better move pool, Technician Mach Punch, Roost, and is faster, Escavalier has two things Scizor doesn’t: Megahorn and better stats.

Megahorn (SD or not) from this guy will stop even some bulky resistors cold. Iron Head is an accurate STAB, while Pursuit can let Escavalier finish off a fleeing foe. Swords Dance is key to Escavalier’s success. With his bulk and Leftovers on hand, he can easily pullone or two off. Unfortunately, a Fire type can ruin the whole set-up by merely their presence, so I like to have him enter mid to late game when I’m sure that any Fire types are out of play. All in all, he is solid no matter when he enters the match, but he really can ruin someone’s day later on in the fight.

Krookodile @ Salac Berry
Moxie
252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4 SpD
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Bulldoze
-Smack Down
When I found Sandile in the desert, I chose to put him on my team. When I discovered that it had Moxie as an ability, I instantly chalked him up for my competitive team. Now, I love how easily one kill can instantly swing the momentum of the battle into my favor. Krookodile is very useful as a momentum sweeper, ESPECIALLY with Ninjask’s baton pass.

Earthquake and Crunch are self-explanatory. Bulldoze, again, is used to slow down the opponent, allowing Krookodile to stomp them out in time. Knock Down was thrown out there for accuracy and its ability to scare Flying types away instantly. I am considering to replace Bulldoze and Knock Down with Stone Edge and Hone Claws, but I feel Krookodile is too fragile to set-up itself.

Synergy: To be honest, there is little synergy between these guys. Most of their weaknesses are covered by each other, but that’s pretty much it. I haven’t faced any big threats so far, but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was to find a huge weakness with them, so that’s why I’m here.

Opinion: At first, this may seem like a slew of physical attackers with a chance at getting some boosts, but this team really is powerful. Most everybody has done their job, but I’m always looking for improvements!
Please rate! Thanks.

Protect works. Probably would help stop fake out leads... I'm wondering still if Stone Edge and Claw Sharpen would be better than Knock Down and Bulldoze on Krookodile...

Cool team Haxorus ftw

Anyway, I second the use of stone edge for knock down on ur kookodile. I'd probably give darmanitan a band, so he hits harder and punchs big wholes. I'd also switch escavileur for a standard bullet punch swords dance siscor.

Also, probably a typo but Haxorus doesn't get stone edge, only rock slide.

Yea rock slide.... hahahmy bad. and i choose not to band Darmanitan because for some reason, she doesn't take the life orb damage. I checked this out, and apparently sheer force grants the boost, but removes the recoil. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)