Gen V team

Well, here's my team. I doubt it's that great, but it's done pretty well on PO.

Deoxys-S @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt
- ExtremeSpeed

My lead. Quickly sets up one or two layers of spikes (three if I'm lucky) and either dies or switches out. Taunt is important here, as I can quickly stop an incoming stealth rock, which Urugamosu would hate. Magic coat is good for reflecting incoming taunts, which would normally screw me over, and extremespeed can do a bit of priority damage later in the game, if Deoxys can manage to survive long enough. Now I just have to hope that he's not banished to ubers.

Nattorei @ Rugged Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Standard Nattorei. Sort of. Covers Urugamosu's weaknesses pretty well, and can also set up stealth rocks to add to my entry hazards. I can usually get this guy in after Deoxys and pull off a Stealth Rock. Rugged Helmet is great along with Iron Barbs, dealing 29% damage on opposing contact moves and my own. Add leech seed on top, and this thing can pull off a lot of indirect damage.

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Liquid Ooze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Acid Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Offensive spinner. I needed a spinner to spin away rocks and take water hits for Urugamosu, but Tentacruel can also come in on fire types that threaten Nattorei. Acid bomb is great to use on the switch, usually forcing them to switch twice. It has also saved me once or twice against their last pokemon, when all I have left is Tentacruel and a special attacker.

Urugamosu @ Life Orb
Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Flame Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Urugamosu is great. As long as I have rock spun away, Urugamosu can get 1-2 KOs. I picked Flame Dance over Fire Blast because of the great set-up potential, and I haven't been losing KOs over it either. Hidden Power ground takes care of rock types and heatran, but I could change it to HP rock if I notice a significant problem.

Desukaan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Evil Eye
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Desukaan takes care of physical attackers with its great defence and will-o-wisp. Also can block spins, a probable attempt given my stack of entry hazards. Evil Eye is pretty good, especially when paired with will-o-wisp. Calm Mind is good if I can manage to set it up. SP fighting provides good neutral coverage.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

My revenge killer. He's pretty good in that spot, and takes care of most threats with either outrage or eathquake. Fire Blast allows for better coverage. Revenge killer is his main job, but if I can predict the right move and switch in lategame, he can pretty much sweep the rest of the opposing team.

Comments? Suggestions? Complete overhauls?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)