Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very simply, just have you against three cpus. I'm not entirely sure I see why implementing it would be a problem.
And if it would, it doesn't need to be part of the main game. BW didn't featire triple/rotations particularly often, and many people forget this but before Emerald completely overhauled the trainers, Ruby/Sapphire had an atrociously low amount of double battles.
Well, may be if the KO count rule isn't there in offline play, it could, but... it will feel more like 1 vs 3 gang up (knowing the hax they often have, not impossible) leading to rage quits.

Wait, I'm not sober enough. I may still need to reread how the Battle Royale works, sorry....

I won't expect that in the story though, I wrote too much. But in the post-game is what I'm interested.
Seals Bark. I'm sure Disarming Voice is more of a flavor thing than anything. I won't say that it having a final evolution be Water/Fairy would be neat, but it's definitely too early to say.
Which is why I said little. Still made me a little happy.

Well, Fennekin can learn Grow Punch too somehow as in past XY footage (ah, nostalgia of her type conundrum and Fire/Fighting fear). But then she can also learn Psybeam naturally.

About the trainer being right next to you, I'm a bit less frustrated about it since I can start to be over it, but can you make your Pokemon look older? I know the guy is like 14 (at least he looks how I looked like when I was 14) but it'd be cool if you could make him older in the customization. I just don't like seeing an Ash wannabe always on my damn screen like I'm constantly watching an episode of the anime lol.

Reactions: JES

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
I doubt it's likely, but would anyone else like for there to be no Primal Reversions in Gen 7? Or for the Red/Blue Orb to at least be items that aren't released until the next Gen 7 game?

I'm getting sick and tired of Primal Groudon. I also don't think it wouldn't be much of a stretch to justify Groudon and Kyogre's Primal Reversions being exclusive to their remake games.

Yes it is dumbing it down, anything that removes the need for knowledge is dumbing the game down. Yes, other stuff can dumb it down more (look at gen 5 and all the free win mons in it) but that doesn't change the fact that it is clearly being dumb down. As far as your sister goes, that is her choice, I don't see why I should be okay with a game becoming worse for me because it becomes more appealing to her. Just as she doesn't need to accept my opinion if it makes the game worse for her (in this case that knowledge of the type chart should be on the player not given to you in game). As to the does it ruin the game for me, no, but hell yeah it makes it far worse for me. Part of the enjoyment I have had in the past was figuring out the typings of new mons, like I went quite the way in D/P before figuring out Stunky was part dark until I tried to hit it with a psychic move long after I battled my first one. Now it will tell me not to do this, therefor making the experience worse for me. I want to be punished if I don't know something, not told how to win the game.
Look, how is it dumbing it down? Veterans to the game like you and me already know type combos, so what is the big deal. You don't have the hints until the second battle with a certain pokemon, so what's the problem with trying to figure it out? Also you can toggle it off. The idea is for newcomers, not for you and me, and so what's the big deal? Do you know type combos? Yes, so there should be no more arguments in this. Please research how this feature works before you make a big deal out of this. Knowing what's super effective doesn't give away the typing anyway.

I wouldn't just brush it off with "seals bark" because there's a ton of different sound-based moves they could have gone with here, with normal being the type that would fit that sort of flavour. Disarming Voice is a... Very specific move to learn, especially with that kind of coverage at that kind of level. There's especially precedence for starters learning moves of a type that will be their secondary later on - piplup with metal claw - so while I understand your hesitance, I just think this is a bit too specific to easily brush off. At the very least it makes the idea it'll be water/fairy much more likely.
True enough.

The only non-Fairy Pokemon that can learn Disarming Voice naturally are Skitty, Milotic, Audino, Swablu, and Espurr, two of which will Mega-evolve to be part-Fairy. And few more by breeding.

I doubt it's likely, but would anyone else like for there to be no Primal Reversions in Gen 7? Or for the Red/Blue Orb to at least be items that aren't released until the next Gen 7 game?

I'm getting sick and tired of Primal Groudon. I also don't think it wouldn't be much of a stretch to justify Groudon and Kyogre's Primal Reversions being exclusive to their remake games.
I can see it now... After you beat the game you go to a certain spot and the Shadow Triad will appear to you, tell you that Ghetsis is just gonna bide his time and then give you the Red and Blue Orbs while stating that "It's all part of his plan that you receive these items." and vanish.

Or some random person gives you them if they see Groudon/Kyogre.

Well, Stakeout wouldn't be unfitting for an owl, but of course, so are other abilities, such as Keen Eye or Big Pecks.

That being said, and now that I'm thinking it a little more coldly, Pursuit would be too redundant with Stakeout, as it's already a really good trapper, albeit for the opposite reasons - with Pursuit, you don't want your current Pokemon to take high damage, while with Stakeout, you don't want your supposed check or counter take serious damage on the switch-in.

Supposing its evolution does get base offenses above 50 (Picking Azumarill as a benchmark), as well as at least decent Speed (Looks like the kind), I guess Choice or Life Orb 4 attack sets could be amazing. After all, it's carrying a pseudo-Shadow Tag.
They are opposites tho. Also, THick Fat is a possibility for Rowlet
Well, may be if the KO count rule isn't there in offline play, it could, but... it will feel more like 1 vs 3 gang up (knowing the hax they often have, not impossible) leading to rage quits.

Wait, I'm not sober enough. I may still need to reread how the Battle Royale works, sorry....

I won't expect that in the story though, I wrote too much. But in the post-game is what I'm interested.

Which is why I said little. Still made me a little happy.

Well, Fennekin can learn Grow Punch too somehow as in past XY footage (ah, nostalgia of her type conundrum and Fire/Fighting fear). But then she can also learn Psybeam naturally.
Glow Punch became Power-Up Punch, that Fennekin CAN learn
I can see it now... After you beat the game you go to a certain spot and the Shadow Triad will appear to you, tell you that Ghetsis is just gonna bide his time and then give you the Red and Blue Orbs while stating that "It's all part of his plan that you receive these items." and vanish.

Or some random person gives you them if they see Groudon/Kyogre.
That will probably be the situation, since that's what happened with the DNA splicer

Charmander also learned Metal Claw in FRLG.

Chespin learned Rollout to deal with early game birds and bugs.

Maybe Popplio just needs Fairy-coverage to deal with Gym 1 or some early game threats..
Maybe, but there isn't really a type that Water needs any special help against that a Fairy coverage move would help with. Well, dragon, but I think we can reasonably doubt dragons being a problem that early on. I wouldn't argue a Water/Fairy final is #confirmed, though. It might just get a lot of sound-based moves for some reason. I guess seals bark... ?

They are opposites tho. Also, THick Fat is a possibility for Rowlet

Glow Punch became Power-Up Punch, that Fennekin CAN learn

That will probably be the situation, since that's what happened with the DNA splicer
Eh, sorry. I forgot that's named Power-Up Punch in English, since I played my AS in Japanese.

Maybe, but there isn't really a type that Water needs any special help against that a Fairy coverage move would help with. Well, dragon, but I think we can reasonably doubt dragons being a problem that early on. I wouldn't argue a Water/Fairy final is #confirmed, though. It might just get a lot of sound-based moves for some reason. I guess seals bark... ?
Fairy-coverage might help against dual-type mons though.

Hypothetically, if the first Gym would be a Grass-type Gym and the leader has a Grass/Fighting type or something as his trump card, all three starters could handle it in some way.

3 species of seals are known for their musical feats.

Elephant seals are the loudest, up to a chainsaw level, they use it in a measurement ritual before engaging combat.

Hooded seals come close with their inflated noses and roars.

Leopard seals are apex predators and the males actually sing underwater in mating season, it's very haunting to be honest.

Popplio is a sea lion not a seal, if they focus on the seal musical performances they would have to do a species change...also seals are the most powerful fighters and the ones that actually hone and create battle skills as sea lions often die in their first mating season.

3 species of seals are known for their musical feats.

Elephant seals are the loudest, up to a chainsaw level, they use it in a measurement ritual before engaging combat.

Hooded seals come close with their inflated noses and roars.

Leopard seals are apex predators and the males actually sing underwater in mating season, it's very haunting to be honest.

Popplio is a sea lion not a seal, if they focus on the seal musical performances they would have to do a species change...also seals are the most powerful fighters and the ones that actually hone and create battle skills as sea lions often die in their first mating season.
A "species change" wouldn't be anything special though.

Remoraid says hi.

A "species change" wouldn't be anything special though.

Remoraid says hi.
Yes, but this is quite drastic animation wise, sea lions gallop, seals flop furiously!

So yeah fat seals flopping is cuter wich is a big thing. This could ruin any fairy thing most people speculate on unless they go walrus Selkie/Princess route.

Also elephant seals are brutal warriors when compared to the sea lion initial faster fights...there have been records of smaller beach masters winning against larger younger males on sheer technique alone for about 8 years straight...wich is almost unseen in the animal world. I mean a fighting harem male capable of learning and keeping up against other larger males solely on experience. The Gelada is kept by the females "democracy" rather than his abilities so that leaves the hummingbirds as the other example I know. Yes the Aztec God of War is a hummingbird, this little guys EARNED that title by being complete savages that keep charging even after they killed an intruder to their feeding grounds.

Sea Lions die young oftenly not surviving their first mating season wich means generations barely remain successful for less than 2 years straight with their Bulls making the traits more focused on viciousness than on actual fighting... Or on being the dude late after at least 10% of the males are dead wich again is a huge number for mortality...

Bonus fact the neck shield of an elephant seal heals at an alarming rate despite the humongous amount of blood they lose and how mutilated they get they almost always survive and go on for other fights within days.

Last edited:
Battle Royale looks pretty cool and I hope it doesn't just become the gimmick playstyle of the region. I thought the "match ends when someone loses all their pokemon" rule was strange, but after thinking about it I'm pretty sure it's meant to keep 3 players from ganging up on 1. Since either all three would tie, or all the points would go to the one that actually KO'd the pokemon, providing a deterrent from ganging up.

Or at least so I think based on the limited footage we got.

A little concerned at how much the revised HUD is being hated on just for adding the type effective indicator. Honestly it only removed some of the "fake difficulty" for new players and at worst did nothing for the veterans. But at best Gamefreak could use this as a springboard to add real difficulty and strategy making the in-game challenge closer to the metagame challenge. Less guess and check, more strategy and speed chess.

Am i the only who senses Poplios evos could be more dolphin like than sea lion like.

They could go for a Sky/Land/Sea theme for the starters.

It learns disarming voice (dolphins squeak and can "speak" through ultrasound.

It could make sense as a fairy, psychic or fighting type (more swordfish like the latter).

Dolphins are clown like (tricks, aerobatics) or magician like (ultrasound is sometimes seen as psychic like). I mean sea lions are acrobatic, but not like dolphins. Popplio is clearly a showman

Hawaii is more known for dolphins than sea lions i guess. Edit: This one was research failure, theres the Hawaian Monk Seal and sea lion parks, ignore this one.

Its shape is a bit dolphin like (the snout, tail, coloring, white belly, ears could become jouster like upper fins.

A big deal has been made of Popplio being cute. by Game Freak, so perhaps Popplio is the cute starter line. Sea lions are cute too, but still, dolphins are the more hyper ones. Also they probably expect a lot from it, and everyone loves dolphins.

And most importantly, primitive dolphins were sea lion like creatures. Maybe they are adapting this to a metamorphosis. Weve already had a sea lion water type starter, so maybe Popplio isnt based on a modern sea lion, but on that, which looks a bit like Popplio.

Just a humble prediction. Pardon the ortography, using mobile.

Last edited:
I might have skimmed these last few pages or so, but I don't think I say anyone actually mention the sky, both in the overworld, and in the battle. Notice how it's got the beautiful orange hue of an early morning? Notice how Ledyba was the first wild pokémon encountered? I really, really hope they brought back the Gen II time-based encounter mechanics... That's a level of emersion that has been dearly missed, and was never truly seen again, not even in Gen IV. You could find sleeping spearows by headbutting trees in Gen II, for example. But even if they don't bring the mechanic back into play, it seems that the sky is now much more dynamic than I recall it being in Gen VI.

Also, did I hear correctly that Masuda was the producer and not the director this time around? I wonder what that could mean for these games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)