[Gen6] CAP Other Formats Super Thread: VR and General Discussion

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This is the Super Thread for other CAP formats; Gen5 CAP, Gen4 CAP, CAP Doubles, and CAP Monotype.

Please do NOT talk about Main CAP in this thread. For the other formats, you may discuss anything ranging from VR rankings, metagame trends, sample teams, RMTs, and the such.

Here are the format's rulesets:

Play Restrictions
Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier.

Players must abide by the following clauses:
  • Smogon-wide Clauses.
Players cannot use the following items:
  • Soul Dew
Pokemon Restrictions
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard OU tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
Excadrill will remained banned and weather boosting abilities (Swift Swim without Drizzle, Sand Rush, Chlorophyll) will remain unbanned (Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned, Drought + Chlorophyll is NOT banned). Cawmodore is NOT allowed because he was finished after 6th Gen started.

Play Restrictions
Players cannot use Pokémon from the Uber tier.

Players must abide by the following clauses:
  • Smogon-wide Clauses.
  • Soul Dew
Pokemon Restrictions
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard OU tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom

Play Restrictions
Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot use any moveset on any Pokémon capable of intentionally causing an endless battle. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling.
Evasion Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
Necturna is restricted to one move learned by Sketch, even though it can theoretically learn the move more than once due to 6th generation mechanics​

Pokémon Restrictions

Players cannot use the following Pokémon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard Doubles tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
  • Cawmodore
  • Volkraken
  • Plasmanta
  • Naviathan
  • Crucibelle
Move Restrictions

Players cannot use the following moves:
  • Dark Void

Players cannot use the following moves on the same team:
  • Gravity and any move which can induce sleep

Item Restrictions

• Salamencite
  • Soul Dew

Play Restrictions
  • All standard OU tier clauses apply, plus:
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Necturna is restricted to one move learned by Sketch, even though it can theoretically learn the move more than once due to 6th generation mechanics
Pokémon Restrictions
Players cannot use the following Pokemon:
  • Aegislash
  • Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Cawmodore
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys
  • Deoxys-Attack
  • Dialga
  • Genesect
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-O
  • Greninja
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-White
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Talonflame
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zekrom
In addition to the Pokémon allowed in the standard Monotype tier, players are allowed to use Pokémon created by the Create-A-Pokémon Project:
  • Syclant
  • Revenankh
  • Pyroak
  • Fidgit
  • Stratagem
  • Arghonaut
  • Kitsunoh
  • Cyclohm
  • Colossoil
  • Krilowatt
  • Voodoom
  • Tomohawk
  • Necturna
  • Mollux
  • Aurumoth
  • Malaconda
  • Volkraken
  • Plasmanta
  • Naviathan
  • Crucibelle
Item Restrictions
  • Altarianite
  • Charizardite X
  • Damp Rock
  • Gengarite
  • Kangaskhanite
  • Lucarionite
  • Mawilite
  • Metagrossite
  • Salamencite
  • Slowbronite
  • Soul Dew
  • Smooth Rock

Here is a link to the usage stats from CAPTT 2015, which includes statistics for Gen 4 CAP, Gen 5 CAP, and CAP Doubles. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...gs-and-usage-statistics.3551130/#post-6472976

Last edited by a moderator:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Post Reserved for Gen5 Viability Rankings.

WIP: Use Kitsunoh

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Post Reserved for CAP Doubles Viability Rankings.

WIP: Use Tomohawk (quash is viable), Fidgit. Most things good in Smogon Doubles are still good.

Last edited:
Experience shows me that Kanga Mega is a force in dubs

Cawmodore could probably be good, especially with intimidate and memento support(yes, i said Intimidate!)

More to come, not much time rn.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I think the best way to fill up these rankings is to go from S Rank and downwards. For doubles I feel like Landorus-T, Mega Kangaskhan, Thundurus-I, and Tomohawk should be S. The first two define doubles so not much to say. Thundurus has so many supportive and offensive tools as well as a blessed speed tier peaking over base 110. Tomohawk provides a lot of power, intimidate and checks 2/3 other S Ranks. Most of the time it can handle two Pokemon at once (w/ Intimidate sets)

Hey everyone! BlueSkiddoWeCanToo and I, along with help from Matame created Viability Ranking for CAP Doubles! Inside the Google Doc, you'll see, of course, the rankings, along with the conversations I had with Blue and Matame incase you want to see our reasoning. We'll also be adding GameFreak mons as we go along, but until then assume that their spot is the same as they are in the regular DOU VRankings.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l2oP0HUy-LhuiPwxp6LHeJ1ZTDGMbmXtpeLppanmr5I/edit?usp=sharing
approved by healndeal

Exclaimer
When I was rearranging the mons based on letters I accidentally deleated it ;-;
anways's we put it in 2 b/c blue and i haven't used it yet and while it looks great we dont have any real proof that it will work. Cawmodore for example worked in cappl (i think its called that) so we know it works. if we see it used we'll definitely move it up :)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
You should probably sperate the Crucibelle forms unless they are both 1.

Also Rev could probably be bumped up to like 2.5 since CB Drain Punch is really easy to click and you can also stop rain (and sun / sand) for a faster teammate. Its also just really bulky and has a nice typing (ghost not sucker weak)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
CAP LC was the first format added to my old server, which sadly does not exist anymore. Due to the need for brand new mons to be coded and added, it is not feasible to have on most servers can cannot be easily implemented. I have much of this code compiled myself if someone ever wants to take it over, however.

#bringbackCAPLC
honestly though that could be a lot of fun. Are their CAP LC mons already made for would be have to make new ones?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
DHR is in charge of CAP prevos, so uhh yeah. It's nothing something that can just be done by anyone. Not to mention there's a clear conflict of interests when you guys are talking about making more prevos to expand a metagame that doesn't even exist anymore (a competitive endeavor) compared to the clear flavor purposes of the prevo CAPs. We don't want flavor ruining main CAP competitive discussions, so something like this risks doing the opposite for the largely competitive-free CAP prevos.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Which are completely unofficial. Pretty much all of the prevos that aren't finished are insanely unofficial, and iirc the only ones unfinished but that actually had some form of democratic vote are nohface and protowatt, and those votes were just on names/art, not on anything competitive.

Quick Question; what's the reason for Cawmodore's ban from CAM Monotype?

Also, it might be worth updating the list of Banned Mon's to account for the Gen 7 changes; as it stands, this post lists that Greninja and Talonflame are banned when Monotype allows them, and the following mon are banned by the Monotype list, but allowed in the above post.

1519399213225.png

Edit; just realised it said Gen 6. Don't suppose there's a Gen 7 in the offing anywhere that I've missed?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)