General Analysis: Luck

Added effects (Burn on Fire Blast, Freeze on Ice Beam), if they occur after only one attack, are major bg. Getting your DDTar burned by a Weezing Fire Blast after Taunting his WoW and being about to kill him is very bg.

Jose said:
Hax Items
The following are referred as "hax items" on Netbattle and are generally frowned upon. But are they really worth banning? On which Pokemon would you honestly trade Leftovers or Choice Band for something that risque? Here are the luck dependant items and how they work.
They should definitely not be banned. But I did some research on the topic ... and spent a lot of time for some calculations. I wanted to find out, if Leftovers are really better than Scope-Lens.

The (maybe surprising) result: Scope-Lenses on sweepers having a low staying power are a very small degree better than Leftovers. On Sweepers that boost up or sweepers that have enough staying power are scope-lenses not worthy of consideration. I have posted here the detailled results in German: http://www.pokemonexperte.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=310299#310299 ... sorry, but I do not want to translate this ...

Choice Bands are in some cases ways better. But if you have to make a decision between Leftovers, the berries and Scope-Lens, don't forget the Scope-Lens. It can be useful to double (!, not always, but in most cases) the CH rate. And I will also do some research on Bright Powder and King's Stone ...

Very nice guide. Agreeing that Meteor Miss isn't hax, get over it. Anyway, getting CH'ed can be very frustrating, but you don't do anything to get it, it's just luck.(CH improved rate move's doesn't count)
QC is annoying, but DT Umbreon, and OHKO Lapras, are painful.
Learn to accept luck is the best way to be a better player.

EDIT: Sry, I was talking about CHs, I will edit it so it's less confusing.

King's Rock
Gives certain attacks 12,5% chance to make oppenent Flinch given you attack before your oppenent.
You may wish to mention that KR flinches more on multi-hit moves like Beat Up and Rock Blast, given that the flinching check happens for every strike. Then again, still not very useful since most of these attacks are subject to missing =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)