Generation 4 RMT

Hello. I am Thinker, and I'm a little new around here. I'm not a very good battler, and I usually lose more than I win. That's why I'm posting this RMT. I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me make my team better.

With that, here is my team.

Machamp: (F)
Item: Lum Berry
Abillity: No Guard
Nature: Adamant (+Attack, - Sp. Attack)
EV's: 240 HP, 244 Attack, 16 Sp. Defense, 8 Speed.
Moveset: Bullet Punch, DynamicPunch, Payback, Stone Edge/Fire Punch.

Notes: Well, this is my lead, Machamp. My goal with Machamp is to get a quick start to the match by either taking down the lead/switch-in, or severely damage it. DynamicPunch is STAB, 100 Base Power, and 100% Confusion rate. And with No Guard, It will always hit. Payback is for those who are resistant/immune to DynamicPunch. Bullet Punch is for taking down Focus Sash leads, and getting a last-ditch attack in before Machamp goes down. Stone Edge is my current choice, but I have used Fire Punch to success as well. Mainly it's on what I need to get rid of. Scizor/Forretress or Dragonite/Gliscor.

Celebi: (No Gender)
Item: Leftovers
Abillity: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold(+ Defense, - Attack)
EV's: 252 HP, 220 Defense, 36 Speed.
Moveset: Giga Drain/Grass Knot, Recover, Thunder Wave, U-Turn.

Notes: I picked this pokemon mainly for support. It doesn't work very well on offense, with the moveset I have used. Thunder Wave is to make the opponent slower than the rest of my team, and Recover is to keep Celebi in good health. U-Turn is for Scouting, not for much else. Giga Drain and Grass Knot are the choices I would like to put with Celebi. I use Giga Drain currently, and works well with Recover + Leftovers. Grass Knot, however, could be a better choice. I'm not sure.

Heatran: (F)
Item: Choice Specs
Abillity: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Attack, - Attack)
IV's: 30 Attack, 30 SP Atk.
EV's: 4 HP, 216 Sp. Attack, 216 Speed.
Moveset: Dragon Pulse, Earth Power, Fire Blast, Hidden Power Grass.

Notes: Heatran, combined with Celebi, can help take hits off of Celebi. In return, Celebi can take hits aimed for Heatran, and can slow the opponent down with Thunder Wave. Dragon Pulse is for Coverage, Earth Power for other Heatran, Fire Blast for STAB, and HP Grass for coverage, again. I've considered using Choice Scarf on Heatran. However, I'm not sure if that's the best thing to do.

Gastrodon: (F)
Item: Leftovers.
Abillity: Sticky Hold
Nature: Careful (+ Sp. Defense, - Sp. Attack)
EV's: 252 HP, 56 Defense, 200 Sp. Defense.
Moveset: Curse, Earthquake, Recover, Waterfall.

Notes: This is just a Swampert with recover, right? Not for my purposes. For some of the pokemon on my team, getting choice items isn't really helpful. With Sticky Hold, Gastrodon can switch in, and make those trick pokemon switch out. I needed a purpose for Gastrodon, and since I don't have many other physical attackers on my team, I made Gastrodon a curse sweeper. Curse to raise Attack and Defense, Earthquake and Waterfall for STAB, and Recover to keep Gastrodon alive. The Electric immunity is helpful for my last two pokemon.

Suicune: (No Gender)
Abillity: Pressure
Nature: Mild (+ Defense, - Attack)
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Defense.
Moveset: Calm Mind, Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf.

Notes: Suicune, the 2nd stat raiser on my team. This is the CroCune set, specifically. Calm Mind to Raise Special Defense and Special Attack, Rest to heal damage, and Sleep Talk to make sure Suicune isn't a sitting duck (or pokemon) for others to come in, stat up, then sweep. Surf is for attacking purposes. Pressure isn't exactly the best abillity for Suicune to use on this set, but what can I do about it anyway?

Crobat: (F)
Abillity: Inner Focus
Nature: Impish (+ Defense, - Sp. Attack)
EV's: 232 HP, 56 Defense, 76 Sp. Defense, 144 Speed.
Moveset: Roost, Super Fang, Taunt, U-Turn.

Notes: Filler, really. Flygon was going to be put here, but I put Crobat instead. Super Fang is to cut through the opponent like scissors, though it has a bad accuracy problem. Taunt is to stop Stat Uppers, and Roost is for Crobat to stay healthy. U-Turn is to provide a second U-Turner for my team, and was one of the main reasons I was going to use Flygon. Would Flygon be good here instead of Crobat?

Now that you've seen my team, let's run it through the threat checker:

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl - Usually seen as a lead, Machamp can usually break it down.

Azelf - Machamp usually takes it down, unless it attacks the first time. Heatran, Celebi, and Suicune (after a calm mind or two) take it down afterwards.

Breloom - Celebi takes the spore, switch to Heatran. If I must, I sacrifice Heatran.

Dragonite - If I predict right, Heatran will take it down with Dragon Pulse. Suicune can stop it if Suicune has some boosts, and Celebi can stop it with T-Wave, helping others take it out.

Electivire - Gastrodon can handle Electivire pretty well. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Empoleon - Heatran, Crobat's Super Fang, Gastrodon, and Celebi can take it down, with some trouble at most. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Flygon - Heatran, Celebi, Suicune with boosts.

Gengar - Machamp's Payback, Gastrodon for the Trickers, Celebi can take it down sometimes.

Gyarados - Celebi, Crobat. Haven't seen it yet, though. Probably, this is a weakness I need to fix.

Heatran - Heatran, Gastrodon, Suicune. Machamp can take lead Heatran down, though, again, haven't seen it around, yet.

Heracross - Heatran (Watch out for Close Combat), Crobat, Celebi (Watch out for Megahorn). Haven't seen it yet.

Infernape - Heatran, Gastrodon, Suicune.

Jirachi - Gastrodon is for Trickers, and for Earthquake. Heatran is my other option. Machamp can sometimes take down Lead Jirachi.

Jolteon - Heatran and Gastrodon.

Kingdra - Heatran, and Celebi. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Lucario - Heatran, Suicune, Crobat, and Celebi.

Machamp - Machamp is tweaked to take on most other Machamps

Magnezone - Heatran, Gastrodon. Haven't seen it yet.

Mamoswine - Heatran, Machamp, and Suicune.

Metagross - Heatran, Machamp can sometimes take down lead Metagross, Suicune (with boosts,) and Gastrodon.

Ninjask - Heatran is it. Machamp has a hard time against the lead Ninjasks. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Roserade - Heatran, Celebi, Crobat, Machamp. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Scizor - Heatran, Suicune, Machamp. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Smeargle - Machamp and Celebi.

Starmie - Celebi. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Togekiss - Heatran, Crobat, Suicune. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Tyranitar - Gastrodon, Celebi, Suicune, Machamp. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Weavile - Crobat, Celebi. Heatran is weak to Low Kick.

Defensive Threats

Blissey - Crobat, Gastrodon, Machamp.

Bronzong - Heatran, Machamp,

Celebi - Celebi, Heatran. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Dusknoir - Machamp, Heatran, Gastrodon. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Forretress - Machamp, Heatran, Suicune. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Gliscor - Machamp, Suicune, Crobat. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Hippowdon - Machamp, Celebi, Suicune, Gastrodon.

Rotom-A - Gastrodon, Heatran, Suicune.

Skarmory - Heatran, Machamp (sometimes), Suicune (with boosts). Haven't seen it yet, though.

Snorlax - Machamp, Gastrodon, Crobat's Super Fang. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Suicune - Celebi. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Swampert - Celebi, Crobat. Gives me a tough time, though.

Tentacruel - ... Haven't seen it yet, and I can't think of what can beat it. Heatran and Gastrodon, maybe?

Vaporeon - Celebi, Suicune. Sometimes Machamp. Haven't seen it yet, though.

Zapdos - Thunder Wave with Celebi, and hope that hax is on my side. Gastrodon is good defensively, but is dead in the water offensively against Zapdos.

Constructive Criticism is helpful, but please be somewhat nice.

Thanks,
Thinker.

Run Flygon over crobat for revenge killing purposes. Dragonite and Tyranitar can easily 6-0 you without a scarfer. Suicune, Heatran, and even Celebi are set up fodder. You are a tad bit weak to stallish teams, I would suggest trying a life orb Heatran with taunt; it is exactly like the specs set except it beats Blissey 1v1 and you can switch moves. The power loss isn't dramatic as you can still 2HKO vappy/cune on the switch and OHKO Starmie. You also need stealth rock and are very weak to earth power grass types (outspeed heatran once they realize you aren't scarfed), so I would replace gastrodon with a Bronzong or Jirachi. They both can set up stealth rock, add a much needed physical steel, and can counter grass types. I don't have a certain set, but you can try dual screen (excellent with heatran and celebi), trick room, or just support. If you run dual screen, you can try a nasty plot celebi as well.

Heatran@Life Orb, Timid, 252 SpA/252 Spe. Fire Blast, Earth Power, Hidden Power Electric, Taunt

Flygon@Choice Scarf, Jolly. 252 Atk/252 Spe. U-Turn, Outrage, Earthquake, Thunderpunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)