Get Outta Here Steels!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Outta Here Steels!!!

(Skip all of the introduction stuff if you’re impatient.)

Objective: After becoming familiar with WiFi and shoddy battle i realized that the OU metagame relies heavily on steel types. It is so sad that near every team nowadays contains usually two steel types, sometimes even three. With steels like CB Scizor rising in popularity, it appears that steels are taking over the metagame. In order for teams to be effective players must find ways to deal with these magnets. In order to accomplish this i myself am using two "anti-steels" to kill all opposing steels that can threaten my sweep. With this team i try to turn the metagame's main weakness into my strength.

Style: This team is bulky offense but can be considered hyper offensive. I felt the best way to accomplish my goal was to use this style of play. I am able to always keep my opponent on edge.

~Note: I am doing this team in reverse as it is easier to explain~

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA
~Dragon Pulse
~Substitute
~Calm Mind
~Recover

Moveset: Dragon Pulse for coverage on everything except steels, but thats what my team is for. Sub and calm mind to set up unbreakable subs against special threats and sometimes physical ones too. Recover to heal. Pretty standard set.

Team Role: Now i wanted to base a team around a Sub Latias sweep. I find this set to be one of Latias' best besides the choice specs one. Now i bring this in after all threats are killed or to revenge kill a dragon type as it will most likely outspeed it. After all threats are killed i calm mind until i feel its enough lol and set up a sub that is almost unbreakable. As steels are killed by now dragon pulse just plows through teams.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power Fire
~Explosion
~Magnet Rise

Moveset: Again nothing special here besides magnet rise to dodge earthquakes. Thunderbolt + HP Fire kills steels and explosion kills everythinh else.

Team Role: Once i had Latias i remembered that the metagame is based around steels. I wanted a surefire way to kill steels and magnezone hit me right in the face. It is wrong to call it a "steel killer" without magnet rise as metagross is a huge problem. Since he can also threaten Latias i had to use the move. This pokemon is fantasic with its almost 100% chance to switch in on any steel and kill it is amazing. As most teams weakness are exposed once their steels are killed. He is meant to kill Scizor, Skarmory, Metagross, Jirachi and possibly other Magnezones. He is a very important team member.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA
~Fire Blast
~Will-O-Wisp
~Earthpower
~Hidden Power Grass

Moveset: Earthpower + Fire Blast kills other steels. HP Grass is for swamperts and others which can kill both heatran and my magnezone. Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers.

Team Role: Whats better than one sure-fire way to kill steels? Anybody? Well the answer is TWO!!!! With this set i have a support and steel killer all in one. I am able to kill magnezones and heatrans that my magnezone couldnt as well as metagross. With him and Mag all my opponents steels are usually KOd soon into the match. Now as i used latias i realized that physical attackers could give her problems. Well will-o-wisp solved that. Most tyranitars and other pokes dont expect heatran to carry this anymore. With physical pokes crippled, Latias has a better chance to sweep late game.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
~Pursuit
~Crunch
~Stone Edge
~Superpower

Moveset: Pursuit to kill fleeing pokes such as latias and gengars. Crunch + Stone Edge kill pretty much every pokemon regardless of type. Superpower for other tyranitars.

Team Role: At this point i started to think of latias other counters. I realized that tyranitar and salamence can really hurt it. Well the best Tar counter is who else but Tar. With superpower i can OHKO most Tars that dont invest too much in Def. Stone Edge OHKOs salamence and gyarados. Superpower also functions as a way to beat blissey and snorlax as well as other walls. Tar is one of the best wall breakers in the game and i felt he would be a perfect fit on this team.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Bounce

Moveset: Water and rock get nearly perfect coverage and that was too good to pass up on one poke. Bounce gives me a way to kill grass types that can kill Tar.

Team Role: I always want at least one stat-upper on my team and this gyarados seemed perfect for the job. With 3x Ground and fighting weakness for my team i wanted something that could resist those attacks as well as hit hard back. Waterfall can kill opposing fire and ground types that can kill my steels. As i said hes the perfect fit for this team. I switch him on earthquakes and start to stat up. Ive been teams just with him before without even finishing my strategy.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 HP/ 252 Def
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam
~Earthquake
~Roar

Moveset: Standard lead. Earthquake kills almost all leads and steels and ice beam helps kill dragons and grass types.

Team Role: I wanted another fighting and ground resistance on this team at least someone who can take both attacks. I also wanted a poke with a STAB earthquake as i lack on eon this team. Ice beam provides another way to kill grass types that can kill him and Tar. I usually start the game off my SRing and Scouting my opponents pokes so i can start planning what to do. He aslo absorbs fire attacks aimed at my steels and ice aimed at my dragons. With his electric immunity gyarados is covered.

The way you describe you're synergy is almost identical to other hopefuls in that they sound like they are running like a Lamborghini but really its just another Civic.
I want to post this on about every thread but I'm sure I'll get a warning or something but the first thing everyone should keep in mind is YOUR POKEMON WILL DIE/FAINT!

3 ground weakness say other Swampert's will be coming in on those guys and Machamp can do you in really bad with the common Sub/Dyna/S.Edge/Payback

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ MedicMarines
I really wish you yourself would post a more recent RMT so that we can all flame your team like you do to many RMTs here.All you seem to be doing is commenting on "why this RMT sucks" whenver you post something, please learn some respect before posting something negative about somebodys team and then not suggesting anything to help them. At least post advice to help them if their is a problems with their team rather than saying "This sucks" and leaving. I could be wrong here but a RMT forum is for people to ask for Helpful advice on their team. (I bolded the helpful part in case you missed it)

On to the actual rate!
Firstly the ground weaknesses are not too much of a problems since you have 2 resists but it is still something I would watch out for.

Your Heatran doe snot seem to fit this team as Magnetzone already traps Steels and Heatrasn place on the team seems pointless. I think a Gengar running either a Sub set or the MYSTIC gar set lures in Steels which your magnetzone can then trap. I also think that a DD Tar works better than your scarf Tar on this team since it benfits from the removal of scizor as well and can sweep once its gone.

Have a Nice Day!

haunter

Banned deucer.
RMT rules said:
13. You are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.
PM me between not less than a week and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)