SM LC GGrimer gang - Peaked #2

Wesh la mif, Bien ou bien ?

• Bien

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • bien

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Weeesshhhhh it's Kurukaito, and I'm here for my 2nd RMT in LC ( My 1st was in ORAS ) and the 1st SuMo LC RMT of this forum ! As the same principle of my 1st RMT, the name of this one will be GGrimer gang. Let's go for an overview of this SuMo LC team aroung Alolan Grimer guys.

Overview:

I wanted to build a team around Alolan Grimer, this new form with a good potential with his -Dark -Poison type, and with a powerful Knock Off. This team allow to Rufflet to sweep in late game, with some supports with the team.

The team detail & teambuilding process:

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

First, the base of the team, Alolan Grimer with a classic set. EVs spread to hit hard, and be bulky. Eviolite to max the bulk, and for the movepool I left for Pursuit to trap Pokémon, powerful Knock Off, Gunk Shot to break teams and finnaly Shadow Sneak to have a good priority to revenge kill some Pokémon like Abra Focus Sash or others.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

Secondly, I put a specially bulky Pumpkaboo-Super, to support Alolan Grimer versus Ground type, or versus Bunnelby and other Pokemon. For the movepool, Giga Drain if prefer to pass Mudbray, after Will O Wisp to spread the burn and divide by 2 the opponent attack. Now Fire Blast to pass Steel type who are annoying for Alolan Grimer like Ferroseed or Pawniard in the switch. Finnaly Synthesis for the reliable recovery. The spread allow a lot of bulky in the both defenses.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

After that, I saw I was pretty weak to Croagunk and Fire types, so I put a classical Staryu, with Rapid spin for Hazard Control, Recover for a reliable recovery, Scald for the STAB and the chance of burn and finnaly Psychic to pass Psychic type and especially Croagunk.

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

Then, I needed a Steel type. And for my team, I expected Magnemite was the best. The Study Juice set for me is more effective in SuMo LC than in ORAS LC, and allow to check some Pokémon annoying for my team like Vullaby or Shellder. The EVs are classic 236 in special attack and speed with Modest nature to put good damage and get 14 speed. 36 EVs remaining in Defense to have one more point.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Here, Mienfoo make a great VoltTurn combo with Magnemite and allow to check some cool Pokémon like Pawniard and more. Evs is to max the bulk and the speed and get 17. For the moves, I put the classical: Drain Punch, Knock off and U-turn. For the last move I didn't know at all, but I prefer to put Taunt to block Stealth Rocks, Shell Smash users and Pumpkaboo's Will O Wisp.

Rufflet @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Superpower

Finnaly, I needed a good Revenge Killer, a nice Fly Pokémon, a magical RUFFLET. I find this Pokémon so cool in this team despite chance to miss with Hustle. But with Hustle the power of Rufflet is incredible, and his access to Brave Bird in gen 7 feed this power. For the EVs I put max attack and max speed with Jolly nature to allow to be more faster than Scarf Magnemite. Now for the moves, Frustration to have a good Normal STAB without recoil, after Brave Bird to wallbreak, U-Turn for the momentum and finnaly Superpower to pass Steel types.

Threatlist:

Timburr
: Timburr is so annoying for my team with is access to Bulk Up and Guts preventing Pumpkaboo to burn and divide his attack. Also, it's priority make a lot of damage to Rufflet and can easily kill him after two Bulk Up.

Zigzagoon
: Zigzagoon can easily sweep my team if Magnemite is KO, and he kill Magnemite if Magnemite have passed twice on Stealth Rocks so need to be careful with Zigzagoon.

Staryu
: Also with his awesome movepool, he can make a lot of pressure on all of my Pokémon with Psychic, Thunderbolt, Scald or Ice Beam.

Conclusion:

For me, SuMo LC is promising with some new Pokémon and Z-Move to exploit. At the day I speak Porygonand Cutifly get banned so major change in the LC metagame. I wish I will see you in a new rmt or in Showdown :p​

Grimer-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Touch
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Endure

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Rufflet @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Superpower

Ladder Proof ! :)

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
praiserufflets

First of all, you want to be able to get Rufflet in safely because it is on the frailer side of things and it gets worn down from Brave Bird recoil. One way to help Rufflet get in safer is to run SlowFoo. SlowFoo can use its slower U-Turn to get Rufflet in safer and then Rufflet can then precede to destroy the enemy team. Replacing Taunt with either Acrobatics or Stone Edge would also be good because you no longer outspeed things with SlowFoo.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics / Stone Edge

You might also want to consider changing Grimer to Mudbray. Your team has no real fighting check as Rufflet cannot switch into any fighting type. Mudbray's ability, Stamina is great for checking a lot of fighting types and is just quite good in general. Grimer does not really do much for this team as you deal with Abra quite easily already.
Mudbray @ Eviolite
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I hope this rate helps a bit!

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just some minor stuff, mostly building off of Sam's rate.

I would run a slightly odd Mienfoo set as you have minimal answers to Fighting-types and Foongus is always annoying. The set below helps get in Rufflet safely while handling most of Fighters due to a slight speed creep. Max HP makes it slightly more durable, and an extra point in Attack or Defense is only slightly relevant. This change lets you keep Grimer which you seem to want!

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

I would also use Aerial Ace > Frustration on Rufflet as you hardly need the Normal type attack and A Ace gives you a consistent accurate attack, helping both against Fighters and Snivy a lot. You can potentially drop Superpower instead but that is generally worse for your team.

Thunderbolt > Psychic on Staryu makes your team overall more capable of handling Waters, which otherwise are only handled if they are bulky. Psychic was only helpful against what Acrobatic Mienfoo now handles to the loss is fairly minimal and the gain is massive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)