Gigalith (Analysis)

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That's true, but that leaves Musharna open to being KOed, and while it's really hard to take out in one hit, it doesn't take a monumental effort to 2HKO it. If Chandelure's partner attacks Musharna while Chandelure is KOed, your opponent can pretty easily take Musharna out the next turn and stop any TR from being set up. That also applies to Jellicent, or really any Trick Room user. Also, Choice Band Gigalith can't take advantage of Rock Slide, Earthquake, Explosion, or Protect if it gets locked into Protect, which is the reason to use a non-Choice Band set in the first place. Sure, it doesn't break Prankster subs, but its ability to OHKO Chandelure through its sash without being locked into a Choice item makes it easily a viable option. I'm not saying it has to be slashed anywhere, but I've tested it, it's a solid item, and at the very least should be mentioned in OO.

breh

強いだね
Because it's a double battle (and with less pokemon, to boot) and there are far less switches, Stealth Rock in VGC is about as useful as lead Blissey in OU - the best thing it can do is make an opponent stupidly cocky.

Also, @Rock Blast

couldn't you just use CB instead of Rock Gem? Also, I just noticed that Rock Slide on two opponents actually has only 112.5% of the power of Rock Blast, at the very worst.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The point of using Rock Gem over Choice Band is to retain Gigalith's ability to switch moves and use Protect, but also keep the ability to OHKO Imprison Chandelure through its Sash. There are two very different niches.

I ran rockslide and rockblast without explosion, and it worked very well for my TR team. Explosion just scared me too much with all of the protects and ghosts running around, and I'm pretty sure it caused a switch or two just from the fear that it would detonate.

I ran rockslide and rockblast without explosion, and it worked very well for my TR team. Explosion just scared me too much with all of the protects and ghosts running around, and I'm pretty sure it caused a switch or two just from the fear that it would detonate.
Did you have your Giga choice banded or rock gemmed?

Just kidding...I went with the rock gem, which helped me in round 2 against a sub genie and made me feel slightly less terrified of chandelure. Not a huge fan of getting locked into the choice items, especially when being able to protect is so valuable in the vgc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)