Giratina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overview
########
  • Checks ho-oh(if rocks are up),pogre,mega-luc,excadrill,mence, ekiller and non-sd pdon.
  • Defog can be run, at the cost of phazing, or at the cost of sleep talk
  • Spinblocks
  • Doesn't get trapped by STAG
  • More powerful attackers *can* overwhelm it.
  • Spikes bait
  • Weak to common attacking typings
  • Xern/ygod/ghostceus/darkceus/darkrai can easily switch in.
  • Loses momentum, so generally only good on stall.
  • lacks offensive presnce
SET NAME
########
name: Physically defensive
move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Will-o-wisp
move 4: Dragon tail
ability: Pressure
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
nature: Bold / Impish

Moves
========
  • Dragon tail phazes sweepers that have boosted and gets off residual damage
  • Will-o-wisp halves attack, so most physical attackers hate it
  • Checks common stuff like ekiller, sd arc ground,
  • Rest+Sleep talk is the only reliable form of recovery that giratina gets, and helps it not get worn down

Set Details
========

• Bold for non dtail, impish for dtail
  • Max defense, 8 sp.defense to help tanks mixed attacking hits better
  • Rest in HP

Usage Tips
========

• If you see a threat, at team preview that giratina can wall, then try and be aggressive in switching in, such as mega Luke.
  • Remember that gira gets overwhelmed at low health, so try and keep it high.
  • Use will-o-wisp on physical attackers that aren't fire types(they're immune), but be wary as something like cm ghostceus might use it to stop being toxic stalled.
  • Dragon tail/roar should be used to remove a threat which has set up, or is going to setup e.g rock polish pdon. Sometimes, if the opponent is certain to switch, dragon tail/roar can be used to rack up hazard damage.
Team Options
========

• Clerics are good, since they can wake you up early.
  • Good options include clef, which can also check cm arc forms, and mega-diancie which helps prevent hazards. Both check ygod.
  • Darkceus beats latis, ghostceus, but watch out for the weakness to xern.
  • Pdon sets rocks and checks xern, ferro sets spikes, checks xern and lati@s
  • Giratina covers blissey's fighting weakness, and blissey can tank most dark/ghost/ice moves. Also, cleric.

Other Options
########
Probably just coming up with everything I can think of
  • Replace sleep talk with something like...
  • Toxic
  • Chesto rest set, with cm
  • Sp.def
  • Thunder wave

Checks & Counters
########
  • Dark Types(Yveltal[Doesn't like wisp], Darkceus[forces it out, sets up] Darkrai[puts it to sleep, but sleep talk can be annoying])
  • Fairy Types ALL are immune to dragon tail, which means giratina can't phaze on a switch, unless it has roar.(Xern[sets up then forces it out] mega-diancie[bounces back will-o-wisp], arc fairy[doesn't like wisp], klefki[doesn't like wisp])
  • Arceus-Ghost(cm) Doesn't mind will-o-wisp, forces it out with judgement, sets up a cm
  • Substitute Users: Giratina's dragon tail isn't that powerful, so things that can setup a sub a boost, like Megamence
  • If it doesn't have dragon tail, then powerful dragon STAB from stuff like lati@s, dialga can easily 1hko or 2hko.
  • Mewtwo with ice beam/shadow ball is also very threatening.

Last edited:
09:35 IronDefense3 I think Giratina needs physical Def as first set instead of Specially defensive because aren't latias much better Kyogre check and with primal groudon what is SPD Giratina for
09:36 IronDefense3 now that many Ekiller drop shadow claw, and salamence not running Dragon moves, Giratina can sort of check them with Phys Def set
09:36 Sweep yea phys def is better
09:36 Sweep special defense still loses to the two most common CM arceus formes
09:36 Sweep dark and ghost
09:36 Sweep also loses to cm refresh fairy arceus so phys def is better anyway
09:36 IronDefense3 Phys is much better due to the metagame. yeah spD still folds up to those and Psytrike from mewtwo does a ton
09:37 IronDefense3 i guess you survive xerneas moonblast that's it lol, who counts on giratina to beat deer anyway. Phy is the way to go, it beats excadrill, mence, ho-oh kinda, non SD PGroudon and ekilelr
09:37 Sweep yea i'm gonna post
09:37 IronDefense3 also MegaMewtwo X and mmy without ice beam is owned by Giratina phys easy

Trickroom and I talked about Giratina this morning and we'd like to see a physically defensive set first, which simply works better in this physically-oriented metagame and check a lot more threats, such as Ho-Oh, Salamence, EKiller, SD Groundceus, Mewtwo X and some Mewtwo Y, etc. The stuff that specially defensive Giratina covers can largely be dealt with a fairly decent Pokemon known as Primal Groudon, I don't know why anyone would use that set.

Overview

1. Don't break the section specifically into pros and cons, merge them together please.

2. You need to be a lot more specific about the Pokemon this can check. "Stuff" isn't good enough, not even in a skeleton. Mention the Pokemon I brought up earlier, as well as other physical threats (Mega Lucario for example)

3. Mention this gets both Defog and phazing, but cannot afford to fit both unless you want to forgo Will-O-Wisp (which you really cannot do). Most of the time it cannot afford Defog, unless you REALLY want to run Rest without Sleep Talk and sit there for two turns (not advised, even with a cleric that's a bit shaky). Phazing is crucial for getting rid of stuff like Rock Polish Primal Groudon.

4. Explicitly mention the Pokemon this gives switches to, such as Xerneas. Also mention the general loss in momentum and lack of offensive presence Giratina has. This might seem obvious to you and I, but won't be to newer readers who want to learn Ubers and might think this runs Shadow Force like in-game.

5. Not all wallbreakers overwhelm this. +2 Dragon Ascent from Rayquaza will not kill a physically defensive Giratina and it gets smacked by Dragon Tail or WoW. This can stand up to some of the most powerful physical attackers in the game, and shouldn't ever stay in on Special wallbreakers like Yveltal and CM Latios anyway.

Second Set

6. Change slashing to Will-O-Wisp / Rest / Sleep Talk / Roar & Dragon Tail slashed in the final slot. Will-O-Wisp should be mentioned first since it's the only thing it can really do to punish Xerneas and Yveltal switchins unless hazards are up. I do not think there should be a specially defensive set, mention it in OO instead.

7. Briefly mention why Rest + Sleep Talk is necessary on Giratina (lack of reliable recovery) in the Moves section

8. Mention Defog as an option in Moves, but do not slash it.

9. Oh my God, please work on Usage Tips. You only have two bullet points, and one of them is inaccurate bc this is a good Ho-Oh switchin. It can come in on most physical attackers, barring SD Arceus-Ghost and I guess SD Primal Groudon, which you don't punish very well. Talk about when it is a good idea to use Will-O-Wisp (if Giratina is comfortably checking a Band Ho-Oh spamming Sacred Fire and your opponent has a healthy Xerneas just begging to come in) and when to phaze (for example if you're facing a Substitute user and have Roar). It's usually more obvious when to phaze and when to use Rest than when to go for status, but you should explain how this works regardless.

10. PLEASE be explicit in the Team Options section. "Stuff" is not acceptable. I don't want to handhold too much but mention Mega Diancie as an excellent check, because it helps checks Darkrai, provides an immunity to Dragon attacks, and acts as a repellent for some hazards setters like non-Flash Cannon Klefki (which Giratina despises). Also CM Clefable is a great partner for checking common CM Arceus formes that terrorize Giratina while again providing a Dragon resist. Dark Arceus is another good partner so long your team is well-prepared for Xerneas, because it handles Ghost Arceus, Latias, and Latios.

Other Options

11. This actually gets Mirror Coat? Double check that but if that's the case, that's pro as fuck. Definitely keep that (IF it gets it) and Toxic to hit Primal Groudon. Shadow Sneak and Destiny Bond are awful due to its lack of power and speed, so remove both. Mention Thunder Wave to surprise common special attackers that loathe paralysis and love switching in on Giratina. Remove the CM bullet point because it is redundant, but I'll let Chesto Resto CM stand for now.

Checks & Counters

12. Specify specify specify. Yveltal / Xerneas / CM Dark and Ghost Arceus / Substitute users vs. Dragon Tail variants / Latios / Klefki / Ice Beam Mewtwo Y are all very imposing, so mention them in the sections they belong in.

I'll note that this only checks Ho-Oh if you have Stealth Rock up. If not, Giratina does nothing back to it.

Explain the point of Rest and Sleep Talk in Moves, and be more specific in general. Also, remove the first bullet point in Moves and mention what Dragon Tail does.

Remove the last bullet point from Usage Tips.

This is better now.

alright another shitmon to catch up with. to be completely honest, this analysis looks like a mess. update this to the new format and clean up the analysis - by that i mean clear, concise points while also retaining accuracy to the pokemon ("Dragon tail phazes sweepers that have boosted and gets off residual damage" is an example that is not acceptable, further details are required here), grammar such as capitalization of moves in the sets and well, caps are missing all over the place and points seem very scatterbrained, making the skeleton look very low effort. help us so we can help you basically, and then it can be thoroughly checked. don't be afraid to take notes from other skeletons done so far and Sweep's QC check (which you didnt even implement...) if it means getting a good one going. i wanna see some drastic improvements in the next two days.

alright no problem, good on you to admit when something is outta your depth. my intentions were not to be harsh for the record, its just that analyses need a high level of quality and we would be bad qc members to overlook things like this. i'll look into reassigning asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)