Glitched Weather in English Platinum [Part 2, Clearer Video] (Update March 18, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have seen this glitch on my friends game, and then she tried a rain team with Omastar and Starmie waiting for it to re-occur, but it didnt happen, and then she switched back to using her normal team, and the glitch occured again. -_-

Guys, I have seen this glitch on my friends game, and then she tried a rain team with Omastar and Starmie waiting for it to re-occur, but it didnt happen, and then she switched back to using her normal team, and the glitch occured again. -_-
i dont think it works in rain

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know, you'd expect the same for Castform but instead it freezes the game. Perhaps the same with Weather Ball?

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Roserade can learn Weather Ball, apparently, or Smeargle can always Sketch it. I'd test it myself, but I can't access WiFi here...

1. Does it always activate in any weather with Pursuit KOing a fleeing foe?
  2. Does it have to be perma weather to activate the glitch? If no, does it then become permanent weather?
  3. Does it increase healing from Rain Dish?
  4. Does it raise speed for Swift Swim/Chlorphyll Pokemon?
  5. Do you get the Sp.Def Boost from sandstorm?
  6. What does this do to Fire/Water Type moves/Solarbeam?
  7. How much do Moonlight, Synthesis, and Morning Sun heal when there is Sun and Rain?
  8. Other Abilites: Leaf Guard, Hydration, Dry Skin, Flower Gift, Sand Cloak, Snow Veil, Solar Power
  9. Accuracy of Thunder, Blizzard.
  10. How does it interact with Cloud Nine/Air Lock? What if you KO a poke with one of those abilities with pursuit? Will that start the weather?

Really like some of these to be tested if possible. If possible, try to test them under all possible conditions, as in during 4-weather, 3-weather, 2-weather (is there a 2 weather).

1. Does it always activate in any weather with Pursuit KOing a fleeing foe? It always activates during permanent Hail, Sun, and Sandstorm. It does not activate ever during any kind of rain.
  2. Does it have to be perma weather to activate the glitch? If no, does it then become permanent weather?
  3. Does it increase healing from Rain Dish?
  4. Does it raise speed for Swift Swim/Chlorphyll Pokemon?
  5. Do you get the Sp.Def Boost from sandstorm?
  6. What does this do to Fire/Water Type moves/Solarbeam? Solarbeam does not need to charge during acid weather with sun, Water moves get boosted
  7. How much do Moonlight, Synthesis, and Morning Sun heal when there is Sun and Rain?
  8. Other Abilites: Leaf Guard, Hydration, Dry Skin, Flower Gift, Sand Cloak, Snow Veil, Solar Power
  9. Accuracy of Thunder, Blizzard. Both are 100% during acid weather with their respective weather types.
  10. How does it interact with Cloud Nine/Air Lock? What if you KO a poke with one of those abilities with pursuit? Will that start the weather? Both abilities stop the damaging effects of the weather, as well as the normal effects, as usual. Pursuit killing a fleeing Pokemon with one of these abilities will trigger the glitch.
Really like some of these to be tested if possible. If possible, try to test them under all possible conditions, as in during 4-weather, 3-weather, 2-weather (is there a 2 weather). Sandstorm produces 2-weather (rain then sandstorm)
I posted what I remember to be true in the quote in bold. This was gathered from the videos and other's posts in this thread. A few other questions might have been answered as well, but I simply missed/forgot them.

Okay, maybe this has been posted already, or maybe its just plain obvious but... when the glitch does the "X Pokemon was hurt by its ability" thing, its exactly like the ability Solar Charge in the sun. For example:

Lets say Scizor was affected by it in acid weather:
Scizor was hurt by its Technician!
That would be the message received.

The same thing happens to Solar Charge pokemon in the sun:
Tropius was hurt by its Solar Charge!
Perhaps this helps figure out how it works a little more? Sorry if its been said before.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting as per RB-Golbat's request.

The killer rain glitch is NOT in the English Version of Platinum. Plus and I tested it out with the ROMs (leaked early):

<@Jimbo> here's what we did though
<@Jimbo> Random leads
<@Jimbo> he switches to Gengar
<@Jimbo> I switch to Tyranitar
<@Jimbo> he swithes again, I pursuit, OHKO
<@Jimbo> he switches in bidoof
<@Jimbo> sandstorm rages
<@Jimbo> nothing else

I followed Syberia's earlier video basically. RB Golbat said we did it right so hopefully he is correct ^_^

Edit: Video will come later hopefully :)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
So I assume this would mean that it would be normal on Shoddy battle, as we base it off of the American version?

the video commentary said it worked on the rom as well, though I'm not sure if he meant the japanese one or the american one

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Err I think Twash meant "is the Acid Hail out of the English version too?" he wasn't trying to contradict me :x That video is also very old lol, it's from an english patched version I believe (well it had to be, it's old).

Anyway, my video is processing at the moment. I'll edit the link in soon :)

bleep bloop
excuse the background sound ^_^;

Were both players using the Platinum USA ROM? I'm curious as to what happens if Platinum USA ROM fights Platinum JPN ROM with Platinum JPN being the "host", and vice versa.

Were both players using the Platinum USA ROM? I'm curious as to what happens if Platinum USA ROM fights Platinum JPN ROM with Platinum JPN being the "host", and vice versa.
With past glitches (Pursuit & Choice Band, etc.), the English game always overrides the Japanese game regardless of who's hosting. It's most likely the same.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You did it correctly, and this is awesome news. I actually completely forgot about that glitch, seeing as how I have not used wi-fi Pursuit Tar in ages. Which is ironic, because the glitch was originally the reason for that.

Completely off-topic, but does anyone know why in Platinum games, the PokeBall is shown in the backsprite animation of Pokemon switching out?

Posting as per RB-Golbat's request.

The killer rain glitch is NOT in the English Version of Platinum. Plus and I tested it out with the ROMs (leaked early):

<@Jimbo> here's what we did though
<@Jimbo> Random leads
<@Jimbo> he switches to Gengar
<@Jimbo> I switch to Tyranitar
<@Jimbo> he swithes again, I pursuit, OHKO
<@Jimbo> he switches in bidoof
<@Jimbo> sandstorm rages
<@Jimbo> nothing else

I followed Syberia's earlier video basically. RB Golbat said we did it right so hopefully he is correct ^_^

Edit: Video will come later hopefully :)
What? I just did this with a lead CB Tyranitar and a lead Gengar with no item. This is what happened:

Player 1: Tyranitar is sent out (Sandstorm starts)
Player 2: Gengar is sent out

Gengar switches out
Tyranitar uses Pursuit
Gengar faints
Player 2 sends out Zapdos
The rain continues to fall.
Zapdos is buffeted by the sandstorm.
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos is buffeted by the sandstorm.
Zapdos recovered health with Leftovers.

And I was using the US version of Platinum (leaked ROM) against a Diamond Cartridge.

@ Syberia: I guess I should mention that I hosted the battle with my US Platinum ROM then.

Forgive me for being a little skeptical, but I'd like to wait until someone with a physical copy confirms that this glitch has remained in the finished English version. Especially since you proclaim that you use... legal hacks.

I don't think using PokeSav would affect whether or not the glitch occured...

Also I dont understand why you would include the glitch in shoddy at all. Even if it was in English games, unless there was some explanation (story perhaps) why would you include something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)