ORAS OU GO:OD OU (Offensive Sun/Sand Team)

Have you listened to Mac Millers GO:OD AM album

• Total voters
Before I get onto the team and such, I just thought you should know a few things about me as a competitive mons player. I've been playng mons competitively ever since 2012-2013. Offense and Stall have always been my FAVORITE play styles. I don't particularly like balance either. I'm decent at building teams but I'm improving. Anyway, this is my very first RMT post so lets get on w the team:​

I started w ZardY, as its been one of my favorite megas since they were introduced. I then added Dragonite to form a destructive underrated core.

Being a stall player, I know how to deal w it pretty well and sand/sun teams can demolish stall if played correctly. So who better to add for sand set up other than TTar himself and if you're going to have sand, wynaut why not have a sand abuser such as Drill??

I then added Scarf Keldeo as the team was looking hella weak to Mega Lop and Lando.

Latias is here for back hazard removal and healing wish support.

Brand Name (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

ZardY's set is pretty self explanatory. A sun boosted Fire Blast nukes anything and everything that doesn't resist. Solarbeam is for the water types that try to come in expecting a Fire Blast. Focus Blast allows Zard to 2HKO Tran...if it hits (we've all been there). Roost is Roost. :]

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Dragonite is an exceptionally strong sweeper that can easily find set-up opportunities thanks to Multiscale and the fabled Dragon typing. Dragonite can set up on some of ZardY's checks and counters, including Specially Defensive Talonflame, the fat pink blobs, Chansey and Blissey, and others.

Time Flies (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

An Adamant nature and maximum Attack investment allow Ttar to hit as hard as possible. TTar is my L@ti trapper and my Talon swtichin. Sand Stream is crucial to Ttar's role as a bulky wallbreaker and Pursuit trapper because the ability gives Ttar the Special Defense boost it needs to switch into Latios's Draco Meteor and other neutral and resisted special attacks.

Rush Hour (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

Drill is one of my sweepers you could say along w being one of my two harzard removers. Maximum Attack and Speed investment allows Drill to hit as hard and fast as possible. Adamant nature has a very noticeable power boost, allowing Earthquake to 2HKO Ferro with no boost and Slowbro with a boost where as Jolly nature allows Drill to outspeed standard Tran outside of sand, as well as outrunning neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon such as ZardX and Mega Garde. Life Orb is the preferred item to increase Excadrill's damage output, but easily wears Excadrill down.

100 Grandkids (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Choice Scarf enables Keldeo to outspeed most of the metagame, notably outspeeding Mega Lop, Mega Gross, Choice Scarf Lando-T, and Latios. Maximizing Special Attack and Speed improves Keldeo's revenge killing capabilities. A Timid nature enables Keldeo to outspeed opposing Choice Scarf users such as Chomp and Victini, Kabutops in rain, and Adamant Dragonite at +2, as well as Speed tie with opposing Choice Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion.

Weekend (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

The HP investment prevents Latias from being 2HKOed by Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice, while 252 Speed and a Timid nature allow it to outrun Keldeo and Terrakion and Speed tie with Latios, Gengar, and other Latias. The remaining EVs are put into Special Attack in order to give Latias more offensive power. Life Orb serves to improve Latias's damage output, with a slight cost to its health.

Soooo thats the team lol. Any changes or ideas would be very much appreciated :]

Brand Name (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Time Flies (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

100 Grandkids (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Rush Hour (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Weekend (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Ascension (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Hey cool team although there is one thing I would change being Dragonite for Lando-t as this would give you team a better defensive back bone and stealth rock along with mometum gaining power for your offensive pokemon also I would make this change as sand + Dragonite has massive anti synergy as sand breaks multi scale also lando-t help you weakness to excadrill a bit and the general weakness to physical attacks.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I like to run 1 less speed IV on lando-t to get the slower U-turn on other lando-ts but if you dont want that then you should run 8 speed which you should take out of defence also you could run Ice punch on T-tar to lure lando's to give Drill an easier time .And one last thing being you should run 0 attack IV's on latias and keldeo and you can replace leftover with rock helmit on lando

I lied I've got more and im too lazy to edit my previous sentence so I think you should change latias make it thunder bolt over pyshock and max spa as this kill B-drum azu after druming although I dont recomend this as much as the other change I think you should still do it as the team is a bit weak to azu
252 SpA Life Orb Latias Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 276-325 (75.8 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hope this helps! ;)

Really nice team there, omgitsquon! Here are my suggestions for improving it:

Sand teams in general have trouble with pokémon like Keldeo, Azumarill, and Landorus-T. A secondary check to them in the form of a bulky grass type could be helpful. Tangrowth is a nice example, as it can stomach Earthquakes, Play Roughs, and Hydro Pumps quite well. Its ability Regenerator also compensates for its lack of passive recovery and heals the damage caused by sand. The Assault Vest set checks Keldeo better, and the Rocky Helmet set checks Landorus-T and Azumarill better. Amoonguss can also be used if you want a more dedicated check towards Azumarill and Keldeo.

For Tyranitar, Smooth Rock>Choice Band could be an option to give Excadrill more turns of Sand and it allows Tyranitar to use Stealth Rock which pressures Thundurus, a pokémon that has a field day against Sand teams.

As I've stated, Thundurus can plow through Sand teams due to its almost perfect coverage. You'll want a solid check to it. Clefable can be EV'ed to stomach Thunderbolts and only fears the rare Sludge Wave. If it takes the place of Dragonite, it can be a nice setup sweeper with Calm Mind. It can also absorb burns aimed at Tyranitar and Excadrill thanks to Magic Guard, which also protects it from Sand damage.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man I'm here :]. Well the team looks like a basic sunny sand squad, due the nature of this team you basically rely on speed control to handle offensive threats, while Zard y demolish stall, however this team doesnt need to much changes. Although a have some just to improve a bit better your matchup against Latios, opposing Sand, and Electric-type such as Thundurus.
  • First thing is make Tyranitar Choice Scarf, this would give you a better answer against fast threats like thundy, starmie, and Lati@s. The evs are 252 atk / 252 spe with Jolly nature.
  • Another change is get rid off HW on Latias and put Roost, i know HW is pretty good but your team needs a reliable answer to keldeo and Volcanion. YOu can even try Spin Exca >sd and roost>defog on Latias, but i like the power of exca with a SD up.
  • And finally make ur Excadril Jolly nature, just because most of another sand teams runs Ada Exca so this ensure that you will outspeed them, or in the worst of the case you speed ties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)