ORAS OU -{God Is No Longer With Us}-

God Is No Longer With Us,
For He Has Inflicted Upon Us
His Unrelenting Will.

721_volcanion_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hka6w.gif 645-therian.gif 036.gif 248.gif 381.gif 003-mega.gif

I suppose I should introduce myself. I do not know which alt I am best known on, but my three most common accounts are Ryfi, BlueMenGroup, and Aegislashed. I have been playing for a couple years now, but my teambuilding skills are largely lackluster. I am a perfectionist, so I always find myself changing things that are fine. I figured I would take it to the forums, so that my team be ridiculed in hopes of bettering it. Without further ado, here is the squad.
720.png
I started with yung Volcanion, the destroyer of OU. He has great stats and resistances, making for a tough mon to take down. Take a look at his counters. Yung Volc's got people running Mexican Offense and AV Goodra + Chansey. It's stupid.
248.png 720.png
I then formed a relatively common core, pairing a pursuit trapper with Volc. This crushes anything that would otherwise take a hit from Volc. If you nail a single prediction, then your Volcanion is going to have a field day.
645-therian.png248.png720.png
Next is Lando-T, the obligatory bird + lop + Jirachi check/counter. It gets up rocks, and also provides a ground resist, which is good because the first two are both weak to it.

36.png 645-therian.png 248.png720.png
The Everything Counter. When in doubt, let this shite deal with it. It helps with fat teams, and ca help give me a second check to Lopunny.
381.png36.png645-therian.png248.png 720.png
The team is a bit weak to hazards and bulkier waters, so I threw this in. Everyone knows what this does, and it also provides a decent Volcanion check.
3.png381.png36.png 645-therian.png 248.png720.png
This team was weak to just about every fairy type, and bisharp to a certain degree. I also lacked a mega. I chose Mega Venu to complete the FWG core and to give me a spore immunity, but Scizor may work here, too.

The Team

imgres.jpg

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Volcanion is a monster. If there was any question as to how good Scald was, this really puts the icing on the cake. It comes with a variety of options, primarily in Flamethrower and Sludge Wave. These moves cover just about everything, bar Chansey/Blissey. It's stat spread is crazy, boasting defenses considerably better than Hoopa, with attack/spattack stats not much worse. Show me the counter. Seriously, show me the counter. I'm watching fools run some kinky shite to avoid this thing, and it's not pretty. I want it to be banned, but until it is...

images.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The perfect partner of Volcanion. If you took me up on my rhetorical request to name Volcanion counters, I am sure many of them are trapped by Pursuit. This effectively eliminates the counters to Volcanion, allowing it to sweep. It also punches holes in stall teams, allowing us a better matchup against that. It does an okay job at checking Zard X, and can also deal with Bisharp, if it lacks low sweep.

landorus_in_therian_form_by_id_zeta-d5h31q4.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus is a pretty standard mon. There is not much to be said. It's the bird check, the lop check, and the rock setter. It provides a ground resist for the other members, which is especially helpful considering the core is comprised of two ground-weak members. Rocky Helmet is there over leftovers, as I feel the chip damage on many physical attackers overcomes the 6-7% recovery each turn from the alternative. U-Turn is used over Knock Off to give Volcanion and Ttar more switchins to break stall. Knock Off is an alternative, but I feel its utility is comparatively small.

thumb-350-558575.jpg

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Anyone who does not know what Clefable does should not be rating teams tbh. This is as standard as it gets. It acts as my win condition, and I only have one, so it is used quite frequently. The general rule of thumb is that if the opponent has a counter, click twave. You are now the counter of the other thing. This thing is S rank for a reason, and it is yet another thing that I believe should be banned.
dad8da6bf9888d7ff1d6726b94193f5c-d1nv533.jpg

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

The yung Defog set is mainly used to defog hazards. I suppose the main complaint I will get from people is the use of Thunderbolt over Psyshock or HP Fire. I cannot use the latter, for it would drop me into a lower Speed tier, which hurts my Diancie/Gengar matchup. The former is not used because I find it to be predictable. Thunderbolt isn't the craziest thing ever either, but it beats people knowing your moveset before you click ANY move. I chose Tbolt over, say, ice beam, just due to the extra damage to skarmory and bulky waters.

CxGX5D8.jpg

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Fat. Thick Fat. This gives me a backup check to almost everything. This eats up the attacks of most fairy types, and provides a strong block to water types. Keldeo does, like, 6. It's like Amoongus, but better in nearly every way. It walls about 1/3 of the meta, while maintaining a somewhat offensive presence. Synthesis in sand is an odd combination, so I am considering changing Ttar's sand to Unnerve, just to keep Synthesis healing 50%.
Alternatively, Mega Scizor could be used here. It gives another win condition in SD, and counters a large amount of stuff. Both work, but I feel Venusaur may work a bit better. Depends on match up.

Gardevoir really pushes through this team. I have very little to KO it, accept for keeping Venusaur near full.
Opposing Volcanion have a fun time burning everything. I hate this thing.
Bird Spam is an annoying match up. Lando needs to be kept really healthy.
Tornadus, likewise, is tough to bring down. It U-Turns on everything.

Gengar can spam Sludge Wave + Shadow Ball + Focus Blast to win.
The rare SD Low Sweep Bisharp does a number to my team.

And That's The Team....
Thank You For Taking Time To Rate!

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Attachments

Last edited:
hey cool team but I see you have a pretty big bisharp weakness as nothing can really check bisharp. You also mentioned gardevoir-mega and gengar giving you a bit of trouble but I have a few ideas in mind on how to improve the team while keeping the main goal of trying to use volcanion to allow other members of this team to clean u.

For the bisharp problem, I suggest the change of keldeo over clefable. Keldeo can allows this team to have an answer to dark types like bisharp while also allowing this team to have way more pressure. Like Volcanion Keldeo appreciates pursuit trapping getting rid of things like latios and latias allowing them to have a better time spamming there stab moves. This means now you have dual water pressure meaning these 2 mons share the same switch ins allowing each other to widdle down each others switch ins.

Since the clefable has been removed. Dragon types trouble this team a lot more. Things like Kyreum-b have better time spamming dragon attacks now. Which is why I suggest the change of Scizor-Mega over Venusaur-Mega. This change helps with the dragon problem that was brought by removing clefable as Scizor can now take dragon hits. Scizor-Mega also helps with your Gardevoir-Mega and Gengar problem as Scizor-Mega can avoid the 2ko from both mons and threaten Gardevoir-Mega and Gengar back. Scizor can also provide U-turns on fire types and steel types allowing your volcanion to have more fun.

With the change of removing Venusar-Mega for Scizor-Mega, I can see grass types being more of an issue. Things like Serperior can really pressure this team. I suggest a change of Heatran over Tyranitar. You will not lose your Pursuit User as Scizor-Mega also has the option of running Pursuit. Heatran can also stall break like tyranitar with the magma storm + taunt set. Heatran can also run Power-herb + Solar Beam set to help volcanion, scizor and keldeo out as well as all these mons appreciate bulky water types gone. Things like Gastradon, slowbro, slowking, rotom-w threaten/wall scizor-mega keldeo and volcanion. But now with Power Herb Heatran and a Thunderbolt Latios eliminating these water types allows other memebers on the team to have a bit more fun.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Heatran (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

60 HP just allows heatran to take close combat from Pinsir-Mega.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I chose scarf keldeo to allow revenge killing to be easier and giving better speed control to this team. I chose hp eletric because catching water types are great for scizor and volcanion and keldeo.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 36 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Roost

Pursuit was to keep the pursuiting as I removed the tyranitar to fix a grass weakness. I also chose U-turn because common switch ins for Scizor-Mega are steel types and Fire types. U-turning on these mons to allow volcanion in. Also double u-turn core with lando and also gives this team better momentum. The EVS are used to avoid the 2ko from gengar.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:
Thanks for the rate!

I would ask, though: the weakness you addressed was bisharp... It seems to me that you replaced 1/2 of the team in an effort to fix one-three things, which seems a bit much to me. That being said, I will make sure I try out those changes and report back!

Do you think putting a scarf on ttar could work? I could check Bisharp at that point with Superpower...

I suggest keldeo over clefable like ez said my reason don't differ so no point repeating him .Also I suggest changing T-tar to chouple berry because it helps versus M-zam and mega gard if you can get the switch in on the physhock and crunch on the focus blast and this also helps with gengar also helps with torn-t because you can deal with super power and focus blast sets better

hope this helps

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I suggest keldeo over clefable like ez said my reason don't differ so no point repeating him .Also I suggest changing T-tar to chouple berry because it helps versus M-zam and mega gard if you can get the switch in on the physhock and crunch on the focus blast and this also helps with gengar also helps with torn-t because you can deal with super power and focus blast sets better

hope this helps

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
Thanks for the Rate!
Would you then suggest running Scizor over Venusaur? If I kept venusaur and applied these changes, I lose my only win condition.

Unless I decide to be innovative and run DDance Regular TTar...

One thing I noticed was you wrote venusaur-m as a counter to cube. It really isn't cos, cube has teravolt, meaning it can smash venusaur-m with STAB ice beam for S.E damage.

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 338-400 (94.1 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

pfffft I somehow neglected that. I think I avoided the KO with my old max SpDef spread, but then I changed it and forgot to change it to reflect that. Thanks for letting me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)