going back to school

whether you are in college or high school (or maybe even middle school), I was just curious on some of the feelings of people going back to school.

For me, my sophmore year is like 3 days away and I'm totally psyched. I spent most of my freshman year studying and never really got to enjoy college. I hope to change things a little this year. Being more social is definitly goal number 1 for me.

Anybody else?

I hate homework/tests/projects so much. I hate spending half the day there to.. homework is the lamest thing ever

Not looking forward to it, I'm going to be a junior in highschool

I start the fucking 27th

I hate homework/tests/projects so much. I hate spending half the day there to.. homework is the lamest thing ever

Not looking forward to it, I'm going to be a junior in highschool

I start the fucking 27th

lol. thank you. I'm definitly looking forward to getting up the rest of my life to go and teach kids like you.

I'm only messing with you. I really didn't like all of the hw either.

well i fucked up all through highschool.

and im headed into my senior year now having to take 7 classes =/

but it should be fun.

Well, having spent most of the summer halfway across the country doing research, I haven't had much time this summer to go see and hang out with my old high school chums, henceforth, these last two weeks have been bonfire after bonfire after drinking/SSBM after bonfire, so obviously, I'll be missing this.

In the purest academic sense, I'm pretty freaked out about my second year of college, so we'll see how that goes. Overall, though, I'm excited to greet familiar faces and move in to my very first apartment.

To be honest, I'm usually pretty stoked about going back to school. But having had to work all summer, I kind of feel cheated this year.

My last year of High school starts in 3 weeks, and I'll be taking some courses from last year, having fucked up with the whole homework situation last semester.

My Sophmore year of high school starts on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing friends and sports but not school its self. I am going to have a hard time doing my projects and essays cause last year all I did was do it at the last second (still got As and Bs in my honors classes) and we got a new principal last year and she is horrible. She is not letting the freshmen go off campus for lunch and I heard that you can have your off campus lunch taken away. Also 45 minutes of our day is in an Advisement Period. Its pretty much a study hall. I guess I could use this time to do my homework but I will probaly just talk to friends. I am going to try to do my projects and essays before they are due.

I have set some goals for myself this year. One of them is don't procrastnate. Also I want to make some more friends and get myself a girlfriend. But I also want to see if anyone plays Pokemon in my high school.

Been in the summer session of College (trimesters = eww at times), currently a sophmore. Hating every moment of it too since I never liked school, but tis an evil necessity...

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
going into sophomore year, hope this year will have some cool stuff like last year and finally push me to my limits

Going into Sophomore year. (Of high school...) I haven't done much all summer. Nothing academic, anyway. I'm not too worrie, though.

Im going to be in 10th grade (High School) in some weeks, but I feel OK i guess. Though last year I did no HW so I think I have to work on that this year unless I want summer school again...HW sucks.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yesterday was my first day as a senior at college, and I'm looking at a pretty tough year (lots of high-level classes this semester, 18 hours next semester)... still, I like the challenge.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
im going back to school to teach. and let me tell you...it feels really, really weird. we start the tuesday after labor day. im teaching at my old high school.

Being one of the youngest people in this thread, I'm going into grade 8, starting September 5. Part of me actually wants to go back to school, because of my complete change of perspective. Honestly, I have changed quite a bit since school let out late July. I have had some time to think, and it overall has made me a better person. Better in my eyes, at least.

Sure, I hate school. Absolutely hate it. The students are assholes. I dislike the teachers, and learn nothing from classes. But that's what makes life interesting.

Senior year for me as well in high school. I go back on September 4th.

I have some pretty hard classes this year but they should prepare me for studying engineering in college. Calc II and Physics at the nearby college, AP English, Engineering IV, AP Biology, and possibly AP Government, if they can get enough kids to join to fill the class. I should be able to defend my spot as #1 in my class.

What I'm looking forward to most this year is Cross Country this fall and Track in the spring. My team has an outside shot at qualifying for the state competition and my best friend and I should qualify as individuals for sure for state. In track, we might be able to win the Conference title.

Ten days till my senior year in high school; it's all college classes (dual crediting in Eng IV and... something else :o), and I pretty much have no competition for the valedictorian spot.

I'm trying cross-country out this year (a little late, I know); I've done distance running in the past (1600 and 3200, not excellent at either, but okay), but not within the last year... so I'm expecting to suck.

Sophomore in High School.
Seeing as how a fucked up my Freshman Year, I might be trying much harder this year. Cannot wait to get my High School experience over with.

I'm going into my senior year of high school. I really have nothing to worry about- I did great on my SATs (I got a 2010) and got a 5 on my AP test, and I've always had high grades in school; I don't think I had a single C last year... as long as I keep my GPA at around 3.8 this year like it was last year I don't really care. Besides, colleges are only really going to look at the first semester of this year.

I can't wait for AP English, AP Gov and AP Java :D Oh, and I can't forget art! But I am NOT looking forward to calc... x_x at least I don't have to take a science or a language this year.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
im going back to school to teach. and let me tell you...it feels really, really weird. we start the tuesday after labor day. im teaching at my old high school.
You're going to make your old teachers seem so old =)

I stupidly took a summer class. My exam is in 9 hours. I am so screwed. Starting 2nd year of university on Sept. 5th.

Going back to high school for sophomore year on the 5th i think. pretty excited because i got my schedule in the mail today, but then im bummed because ive had absolutely no motivation to even get started on any of my 4 summer projects, and im going to vegas for a week, so theres another week lost. Overall i'm really looking forward to school, mostly for lax and basketball and just like Sleep, i'm taking up Cross Country, but mostly to keep me occupied.

Well im going into Junior Year of Highschool and its going to pound me into the ground if i dont work hard, sophmore year was a friggen breeze i did a average of 2 hours of hw a week(at home), and the rest during school, got decent grades got one C in a high level class.

Well now im going into junoir year filled with picking colleges, SATs, and of course harder classes from the Engineering University program I am in, Double Ap physics 1+2 period, everyday, doesnt look good. but other than that I dont mind going back. it hasnt been my best summer, but damn it was good while it lasted, not that its really over for me i go back sometime after sept 5th.

Oh and to add to the problems of this year, there is a very small senoir UP engineering class so me and some of my fellow classman will Be heading our team for the Robotics competion, and since i did most of the work last time its going to be a bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)