Golden Sand (OU Sand Team)

Hey everyone, welcome to my RMT. It seems as most of the teams I create only go to 1260 and from there start to decrease. This team I think has potential to become very good, therefore I have decided to post this team up so that you guys can rate it. Anyway here we go:

The Team

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Endeavor
- Stealth Rock

This is a standard Mamoswine lead. Earthquake and Ice Shard as STAB. Focus Sash & Endeavor used to reduce opponent HP down so I can then hit them with Ice Shards. Stealth Rock pretty standard. Can also be used later on in games to finish off pokemon with low health. With Endeavor and Ice Shard I will also be able to take down Potential boosting sweepers however that's only if there's no hazard entries.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 64 SAtk / 204 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Tyranitar will be one of my Sand Inducers. Tyranitar is the special wall in this team and it vital as sand raises it's Special Defense by 50%. Stone Edge and Pursuit are STAB. Pursuit is used to trap Latios & Latias. Fire Blast to hit those pesky steel types and Ice Beam to deal with Dragons.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Surf

Keldeo will be the revenge killer in my team. Choice Scarf will boost it's speed to 519 allowing it to outspeed my pokemon in the metagame. Secret Sword and Surf are STAB. I chose Surf because of Hydro Pump due to the accuracy. HP Grass to deal with Starmies and Politoed's. Icy Wind to deal with Dragons.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def/ 178 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang

Hippowdon is the physical wall of my team and the second sand inducer. Double Sand is useful against other weather teams. EQ STAB, Ice Fang to hit Gliscors and Landorous's. The 178 SpD evs allow it to take special hits as well. Slack off used to regain HP.

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty Standard Latias Set. HP Fire hit those Scizors, Ferrothorn and Skarmory's. Dragon Pulse as STAB and Roost to Recover HP. After a couple of CM's Latias becomes quite the potent sweeper. Also the 252 evs in HP gives it more bulk.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Water Pulse
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Pretty standard superachi set. I decided to put those 236 def evs to ensure that it can take physical hits better. Not much more I can say about this.

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi. You have a pretty solid team. I feel like your current Jirachi set is out of place with this team, and that a specially defensive set would be a lot more useful.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 216 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

I think this set would have more synergy with the rest of your team, and it also allows you to keep Tyranitar and Keldeo healthy, allowing them more opportunities to come in. If you make this change, definitely use HP Electric > HP Grass on Keldeo so Gyrados doesn't become a problem. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)