Other Good Cores (V2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
might wanna add a pinsir check to list of suggestions for teammates, as its a very common pokemon and that core is obliterated by it. Also something for kyurem black as it will kill those two and the bulky waters you suggest.
Clefable fits the role to handle kyurem-b, I dunno what mon to handle mega pinsir would go well with those 2.

might wanna add a pinsir check to list of suggestions for teammates, as its a very common pokemon and that core is obliterated by it. Also something for kyurem black as it will kill those two and the bulky waters you suggest.
Thanks, I added scarfed exca and TTar, as well as regular Terrakion as they can all beat both kyerym and pinsir, I also added keld for kyerym and the three Electrick types for pins

I wonder why no-one did this core, but I'll gladly do it.

CeleTran works very similarly to venutran. The core works like every other deffensive core, you switch a lot and try to wall the opposing Pokemon as well as possible. Heatran can either run spdef or scarf, though spdef is probably the better, similarly celebi can run either physically or specially defensive investment, physically defensive is arguably the best if heatran is spdef.

Good teammates depends on what playstyle you have chosen. On stall teammates that can deal with Pokemon such as greninja is excellent, those consist of chansey, blissey and clefable. Bulky water types are appreciated, making suicune a great teammate.on balance, which the core will fit nicely on, teammates that can deal with the wallbreaking megas are nice teammates, making latios a great teammate. Azumarill is a great teammate, as it can check all walkbreaking megas at least ones, as well as a nice greninja check.

Teammates that can beat mega pinsir and kyurem B is also necessary for the core to do its job, making scarfed/or sand Rush excadrill a great teammate with its ability to beat those two threats, while also helping with hazard removal. Other options consists of scarfed TTar and Terrakion who also check the two. Keldeo is also a reliable check to kyerym, while a lot of Electrick types can check pinsir really nicely. Clefable is also a really good teammate, adding further synergy, as well as a block to setup in unaware.

Synergy:
Celebi: ground, fight, water,
Heatran: ice, poision, flying, bug, fire, (dark) (ghost)
*ghost and dark are not resisted, but still taken decently.
Might wanna add mons like mega heracross, mega medicham and lando t for the threats. So a good partner can be lando t itself. Because mega medicham can 2hko the AV azumarill set with zen headbutt, heracross damages anything with rock blast and landorus can freely u turn on celebi and threatens tran out, getting good damage on anything with an eq.

Might wanna add mons like mega heracross, mega medicham and lando t for the threats. So a good partner can be lando t itself. Because mega medicham can 2hko the AV azumarill set with zen headbutt, heracross damages anything with rock blast and landorus can freely u turn on celebi and threatens tran out, getting good damage on anything with an eq.
Mega Hera actually shits on Lando-T since it can just Swords Dance as it comes in, SD once more as Lando Earthquakes, then OHKO with Rock Blast.
Mega Medi predicts the Lando-I switch in and Ice Punches. Then, it runs through the core like butter.
Lando-T scares out Celebi with Knock Off / U-Turn while Heatran flees from Earthquake.

I wonder why no-one did this core, but I'll gladly do it.

View attachment 27604

CeleTran works very similarly to venutran. The core works like every other deffensive core, you switch a lot and try to wall the opposing Pokemon as well as possible. Heatran can either run spdef or scarf, though spdef is probably the better, similarly celebi can run either physically or specially defensive investment, physically defensive is arguably the best if heatran is spdef.

Good teammates depends on what playstyle you have chosen. On stall teammates that can deal with Pokemon such as greninja is excellent, those consist of chansey, blissey and clefable. Bulky water types are appreciated, making suicune a great teammate.on balance, which the core will fit nicely on, teammates that can deal with the wallbreaking megas are nice teammates, making latios a great teammate. Azumarill is a great teammate, as it can check all walkbreaking megas at least ones, as well as a nice greninja check.

Teammates that can beat mega pinsir and kyurem B is also necessary for the core to do its job, making scarfed/or sand Rush excadrill a great teammate with its ability to beat those two threats, while also helping with hazard removal. Other options consists of scarfed TTar and Terrakion who also check the two. Keldeo is also a reliable check to kyerym, while a lot of Electrick types can check pinsir really nicely. Clefable is also a really good teammate, adding further synergy, as well as a block to setup in unaware.

Synergy:
Celebi: ground, fight, water,
Heatran: ice, poision, flying, bug, fire, (dark) (ghost)
*ghost and dark are not resisted, but still taken decently.

View attachment 27605
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 hp 252 def 4 spd
Nature: bold
- giga drain
- recover
- thunder wave/heal bell
- baton pass/thunder wave
View attachment 27606
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash fire
Evs: 252 hp 4 def 252 spd
Nature: Calm
- Lave plume
- protect
- toxic
- stealth rocks

Landrus-T: this thing gets a free u-turn every time it comes in
Mega Heracross: as for every deffensive core this thing is a threat.
Mega Medicham: can 3hko celebi, where cele can't do much, unless it has twave.
Mega pinsir: flying+ground/fighting coverage, need I say more.
Greninja: it's stab coverage is just insane.
Kyerum-B ice/ground/electric is just annoying as Fuck.

Landorus-T a gimmicky hp-flying veriant can easily kill hera and is a great switchin to opposing landos, scarf veriants works best.

EDIT: I added a threatlist which I will update freaquently, keep the suggestion coming ^^ also good teammates is added, I have not added the ones in the description thouggh.
DD Zard X variants can cause your core some problems as well. Although Quag in the bulky water slot can circumvent that.

offensive fuck-you core comin thru:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Pursuit/Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire
- Rapid Spin

these two take a massive offensive shit on some of the most popular mons in the tier. with insane speed, a crazy supportive movepool and godlike coverage they check an insane amount of mons in the tier. pursuit, knock off, and rapid spin are all amazing moves to have, and it doesn't help when it's backed up by huge offensive presence. works best on ho/bulky offense styles teams.

shit to watch out for:
rain offense
sand offense
talonflame
cb dnite
any choice scarfer that is faster and can threaten these two offensively

Just going to throw this out there, On Adamant Crawdaunt DD is better just so you can outspeed some threats that normally Jolly Crawdaunt could and speaking of which Jolly is good for SD Crawdaunt. But I guess it is up to personal preference of what you like more, Power or Speed.
Jolly Crawdaunt outspeeds nothing that Adamant can't, and DD Crawdaunt is bad in general since you lose power and still don't outrun much.

Reactions: zbr
Offensive core

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

So basically, this core is meant to remove most of the stops to av azumarill to ensure its fullest potential. Gothitelle traps and eliminates mega venusaur, amoongus (watch out for spore),ferrothorn and skarmory (sort of,if azu can knock off shed shell it`s a win-win). While gothitelle may have a poor match up vs offense, av azumarill can easily take it on.

Good teammates: Pokemon who can take on mega scizor, because although goth has hp fire, mega scizor can crush it with knock off/bug bite. Fire types like either mega charizard, taloflame and heatran(beware of superpower) are perfect for this. While av Azu can take on thundurus, he struggles vs any other electric type, as goth can`t beat them 1vs1 and they can volt switch out anyway. Pokémon like mega Charizard X can take on electric types. Finally, this core is slow, so fast pokemon that can keep up offensive pressure like Mega Manectric make for great partners.

Threats to this core: Electric types (zapdos, mega manectric, rotom-w, even thundurus if azu is slightly weakened) can take on this core with little difficulty. Other (faster) pokemon with high offensive pressure, like mega pinsir, are also a pain for this core to handle.

Any additional info: Max hp can be run on azu for better overall bulk. Life Orb can also be used on goth to not be locked on an undesirable move after beating the previos target. Use taunt or thunderbolt(for skarmory) if you go this route.

Last edited:
Decent Core I have thought of and tested

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Scald
-HP Flying

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Superpower

This core is basically a way to help specs Keld sweep easily. ScarfTar traps and kills the birds and Psychic types Keldeo doesn't like (Lati twins, TFlame), and helps it crush opposing teams. It also can beat Mega Venu, which normally beats these two 1v1 because of sand stopping synthesis recovery, and Specs HP Flying.

Good Teammates: Anything that benefits from sand, most likely Exca. The teammates should be able to help stop what this core is weak to, so most likely Skarmory to cover a fighting weakness, and a rocks setter to counter VoltTurn.

Weaknesses: Glaring weakness to VoltTurn, which can be annoying, but teammates can cover it. Another cause of concern would be Scarf Staraptor which can wreak havoc if predicted wrong. If anything catches Keldeo on the switch and can 2HKO while being faster, that could also be a problem. (Excadrill in sand).

EDIT: Can I see the reasoning for Venu and Ttar defensive core? Seems contradictory considering Ttar just being there limits Venu's recovery.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Powder

Specially defensive Ampharos and Tangrowth are designed around bring in frail pokemon while keeping some offensive pressure up. RestTalk on Ampharos, and Regenerator on Tangrowth let them do it multiple times.
Ampharos switches in on a lot of special attackers, like Tornadus-T, Charizard Y, Gengar, Suicune, Slowbro, Thundurus, Mega Manectric, Amoonguss, Rotom-W, Magnezone, yada yada do I need to go on, since Ampharos is roughly as bulky as Heatran. Ampharos also can switch into a couple of physical attackers that give Tangrowth trouble, like Talonflame, Close Combat Pinsir, Victini, and Entei. Basically, once Ampharos does that, it Volt Switches to a fast frail attacker to finish off the switch in, or it might Dragon Pulse to keep some damage going, but that's more of a secondary coverage move, that stops ground types like Garchomp from blocking volt switch for free. Even off no special attack investment, it still hits pretty hard, having about as much special attack as fully invested offensive pokemon like Mega Manectric or Latios.

Tangrowth is the physical wall here. It has the bulk to take on things like Azumarill, Mega Gyarados (even with Ice Fang), Landorus-T (u-turn roughly cancels out with regenerator), Garchomp, Excadrill, Ferrothorn (decent lure with Focus Blast too), Terrakion, and Tyranitar. And a few special attackers but only if it can resist or if you put in more special defense investment (maybe Assault Vest?)...Keldeo basically is the main one. Sleep Powder, if it hits, is your main pivot move, since you'll get a free turn to switch out afterwards. Even after sleeping something, it can put up some nice offensive pressure. Giga Drain is a drawback-free stab, while Leaf Storm hits hard...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tangrowth Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 255-301 (63.1 - 74.5%)

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew in Sun: 256-303 (63.3 - 75%)

Focus Blast is an easy way to bop Heatrans and Ferrothorns. They're kind of predictable. Other coverage moves are possible, even a Life Orb set since Regenerator and Giga Drain help with the passive damage, and you don't have to switch after Sleep Powder, and it opens up coverage like Earthquake and Knock Off.

A couple replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-174572651
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-173890130

The stacked Ice weakness is a problem. Tangrowth can beat Mamoswine 1v1 but can't switch in, while Ampharos can tank a hit from Greninja and volt switch out once, but is too low health to do much afterwards. Kyurem-B is something for the rest of the team to handle.

Try to aim your Sleep Powder at Lati@s or they can switch in on Tangrowth whenever. Though you could run Knock Off with a Life Orb to smack them on the switch, neither member of the core can take a Draco Meteor.

There aren't too many threats that can eat a Sleep Powder, though. Mega Venusaur beats Tangrowth easily, but is a stalemate vs Mega Ampharos, which means you can get momentum by switching in and Volt Switching.

Frail, hard hitting attackers and sweepers. You could use fast attackers with good coverage like Starmie, Gengar, Weavile, Greninja, and Thundurus. Or frail wall breakers like Crawdaunt and Landorus. Or frail set up pokemon like Lucario and Diggersby. Whatever doesn't have much to switch in on.

A steel type would fit well defensively. Generally they can switch into Lati@s, and some of them can check Kyurem-B or Greninja. The other reason Steel types work well is that Tangrowth can force Dragons like Garchomp and Dragonite to Outrage to try and 2HKO it, so switching to a steel type keeps Tangrowth healthy. So something like CB Scizor or Air Balloon Heatran can work nicely.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I don't know if this is a offensive or defensive but I think it's defensive.

Mega Charizard X

Charizard@Charizardite X
Ability:Tough Claws
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 speed / 4 hp
Nature: adamant / jolly
-dragon dance
-flare blitz
-dragon claw
-earthquake

Excadrill

Excadrill@air balloon
ability: mold breaker
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
-earthquake
-rapid spin
-iron head
-rock slide

Azumarill

Azumarill@assult vest
ability:huge power
EV's 252 Atk / 252 hp / 4 SpD
Nature:adamant
-aqua jet
-waterfall
-knock off
-play rough

So i made core based off of Mega charizard x since charizard is weak to stealth rocks i put excadrill as my rapid spinner. excadrill is good but the team now is not balanced so i put azumarill as a tank and takes the weakness out of exca and zard x. Now its really balanced but pokemon that wreck the team is mega charizard y and bulky ground types like garchomp landorus and gliscor.

I don't know if this is a offensive or defensive but I think it's defensive.

Mega Charizard X

Charizard@Charizardite X
Ability:Tough Claws
Nature: adamant / jolly
-dragon dance
-flare blitz
-dragon claw
-earthquake

Excadrill

Excadrill@air balloon
ability: mold breaker
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
-earthquake
-rapid spin
-iron head
-rock slide

Azumarill

Azumarill@assult vest
ability:huge power
EV's 252 Atk / 252 hp / 4 SpD
Nature:adamant
-aqua jet
-waterfall
-knock off
-play rough

So i made core based off of Mega charizard x since charizard is weak to stealth rocks i put excadrill as my rapid spinner. excadrill is good but the team now is not balanced so i put azumarill as a tank and takes the weakness out of exca and zard x. Now its really balanced but pokemon that wreck the team is mega charizard y and bulky ground types like garchomp landorus and gliscor.
Azumarill is slightly bulky, other than that it isn't a defensive core at all.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
So i made an another core that I asked myself why isn't on here.

Mega Charizard X

Charizard@charizardite x
ability:tough claws
EV's: 252 attack / 252 speed / 4 hp
nature:adamant/jolly
-flare blitz
-dragon claw
-roost
-dragon dance

rotom-wash

rotom-wash@leftovers
Ability:levitate
EV's: 252 hp / 252 defense / 4 special defense
-hydro pump
-volt switch
-pain split
-will-o-wisp

Its based off of Charizard and when it megas its only weakness is dragon rock and ground but with rotom it eats up attacks and works well with it. dragon type isn't a problem since charizard can outspeed.

So i made an another core that I asked myself why isn't on here.

Mega Charizard X

Charizard@charizardite x
ability:tough claws
EV's: 252 attack / 252 speed / 4 hp
nature:adamant/jolly
-flare blitz
-dragon claw
-roost
-dragon dance

rotom-wash

rotom-wash@leftovers
Ability:levitate
EV's: 252 hp / 252 defense / 4 special defense
-hydro pump
-volt switch
-pain split
-will-o-wisp

Its based off of Charizard and when it megas its only weakness is dragon rock and ground but with rotom it eats up attacks and works well with it. dragon type isn't a problem since charizard can outspeed.
Actually, the Latis (aka the most common Dragon-type pokemon in the tier) are faster than Zard-X if it's unboosted, and they also don't care about Rotom-W, so they are threats to this core. Something like Scarf Ttar could be a useful teammate, as it can Pursuit trap the Lati twins. Also, Rotom-W tends to get worn down quickly even with Leftovers and Pain Split, so it shouldn't the be only answer to Rock-type moves. A bulky Rock resist, such as Ferrothorn, would be another good teammate.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Actually, the Latis (aka the most common Dragon-type pokemon in the tier) are faster than Zard-X if it's unboosted, and they also don't care about Rotom-W, so they are threats to this core. Something like Scarf Ttar could be a useful teammate, as it can Pursuit trap the Lati twins. Also, Rotom-W tends to get worn down quickly even with Leftovers and Pain Split, so it shouldn't the be only answer to Rock-type moves. A bulky Rock resist, such as Ferrothorn, would be another good teammate.
Read my other core I added Ferrothorn. And no one uses scarf t-tar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)