Good night, sleep tight, don't let the Volcaronas bite!

Well this is much better revision of the team I first posted. Again I'm still new sooo tell me what I'm doing bad at and what I'm doing good at. The idea of this team is to put to sleep the oponnent and lock them in making an easy set up for my sweeping pokemon.

At a glance

First Up My lead Pokemon and a very important pokemon at that.

Crobat

Hypnosis
Mean Look
Taunt
U-turn
Item:Focus sash
Ability:Inner Focus
Nature:Jolly
Ev Spread: 4 attack 252 speed 252 hp

The Idea of this set is to Taunt the oppenent force a switch and get a free Mean Look onto the next Pokemon. Then use a speedy hypnosis and finally U-turn out into the next Pokemon and set up a sweep. Crobat is also useful against fighting types that are, in this metagame really common as Crobat 4x resists there stab move but most carry stone-edge.

Rhyperior

Stone-Edge
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Stealth Rocks
Item:Expert Belt
Ability:Solid Rock
Nature:Jolly
Ev Spread: 4 hp 252 Speed 252 Attack

You don't see this oftenly in Over Used. This Rhyperior is useful as it can use stealth rocks which is really uncommon with rock polish. What Rhyper. here does is either threaten pokemon the opposing pokemon and force a switch to get a free Stealth rocks set up or start rock Polishing to destroy the opposing team.Rhyper is a great counter to volcarona as most do not
carry hidden power ground which, if boosted is gonna wreck rhyperior.

Volcarona

Quiver Dance
Hidden power(Rock)
Fire blast
Bug buzz
Item:Life orb
Ability:Flame Body
Nature:Timid
Ev Spread: 4 special defense 252 special attack 252 speed

The fiery Hell moth himself, Volcarona makes the first pokemon in my core. I chose Fire blast over Fiery dance because if the opposing team had no Poke resits any of volcarona's moves I'd chose volcarona as the one to set up after crobat.

Breloom

Focus Punch
Substitute
Seed bomb
Spore
Item: Toxic orb
Ability: Poison heal
Nature: Adamant
Ev Spread: 12 hp 244 attack 252 speed

This happy go-lucky dinosaur mushroom boxing thing is a powerful destroyer. Breloom is one of the best SubPunchers in the game. I couldn't resist the idea of a 2 turn healed substitute. I needed a stab on a grass move for type coverage on this offensive team.

Starmie

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid spin
Item: leftovers
Ability: Natural cure
Nature: Timid
Ev spread: 4 special defense 252 special attack 252 speed

To round off the core of my pokemon team is the ninja- star pokemon itself Starmie. Starmie is a great partner with breloom and volcarona. Stamie can revenge kill most of Breloom's and Volcarona's counters. Starmie's typing attracts Scizor and Ferrothorn which can both be killed off by volcarona.

Scizor

Bullet punch
U-turn
Super Power
Pursuit
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Ev Spread: 8 special defense 248 hp 252 attack

Scizor suppots Starmie by taking out starmie's main counter tyrannitar with a super power.Scizor can switch in and u-turn back out and prepare any of my other pokemon for the next oncoming foe.

Overview:
I really like this team because each pokemon can effectively support one another by taking out each others' counters.There are a couple of problems though. Latios can punch big holes in my should scizor fall. Another big problem are rain stall teams and Stall teams in general give this team a tough time to fight back. Starmie with a life-orb and recover set can easily sweep all of my other then scizor.

I have completely run out of things to say so I want to Know what you guys think!
How well would this team do?

Pretty good team.

Try Rotom-W over Crobat, with him, you can have the Volt-Turn and Crobat isn't useful in OU. This set :

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Try Heatran @ Air Balloon over Rhyperior, a solid counter to Volcarona, Rhyperior takes a lot on Bugg Buzz. You can have a second resistance to Dragon type and have Stealth Rock. This set :

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest/ Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse

Try 12 EVs in Speed to outspeed and trapp Jellicent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)