Goodbye GenIV an OU team

Introduction
As all you know Gen V was just released and it won't be long until the metagame kicks off. Because of that I want to show my best OU team, although low 1500s isn't very high. My inconsistency makes it impossible for me to get to the leaderboard even when my UU ranking was really high, my volatility is terrible. Sorry for that little rant anyways on to the team.

At A glance

The Team

Machamp-lum berry
move 1-DynamicPunch-For reliable STAB move awesome 100% confusion also never misses
move2-Bullet Punch-To pick off focus sash leads and do a little damage to fast sweepers
move3-Payback-To obliterate ghost types minus Spiritomb.
move4-Ice Punch-For Gliscor and Dragonite leads.
evs 240hp 244atk 16spD 8spe
This spread still allows me to live a Azelf Pychic but also allows me to outspeed other Machamp leads.
Ability-No Guard
Nature-Adamant

I know your thinking great another god damn Machamp, even though everyone hates a Machamp lead I always use this guy or Swampert. I chose Machamp because I wanted a lead that could beat most leads and start off fast, revealing usually 2 or 3 of the opponents pokes(unless of course the random Banded Azelf or Gallade). Machamp also come back in later with it's great bulk and proceed to demolish my oponents team.

Considered Changes
I've tried other leads that deal with most leads like Gallade and Specstran but they only are effective in lead position and have nearly no other use.

Gliscor-leftovers
move1-taunt-to shut down walls, beating stall
move2-toxic-deadly paired with taunt and wears down walls
move3-roost- To recover lost damage and also is helpful for taking away the nasty 4x ice weakness and adds a rock resist
move4-eq- For killing Lucarios also is reliable STAB and something else to do when whatever you toxiced and taunted can do anything.
evs 252hp 252spe 4atk
Gives me the ability to outspeed threats like Lucario and also having pretty good bulk
nature-jolly-outspeeds stuff
ability-sand Veil

My team was originally based off of Gliscor. I wanted something that could break up annoying stall and check a variety of offensive threats, so Gliscor covers both of those roles really well. Gliscor unfortunately does nothing against specially based offensive teams but one poke can't do everything, unless your Arceus.

Considered changes
I honestly think nothing can do what Gliscor does so no.

Skarmory-leftovers
move1-spikes- A great move to have especially when my team causes alot of switching, and isn't that what Skarmory's known for.
move2-whirlwind-To phaze out annoying stat uppers and spreads around entry hazard damage.
move3-roost-reliable recovery
move4-Stealth Rock- You will see why Heatren dosen't carry Sr in a sec, Skarmory wasn't really suing Brave Bird anyways so having four non-attacking moves isn't really a problem.
evs 252hp 4 def 252 spD
Special bulk allows me to set up entry hazards against more pokes.
nature-impish
ability-keen eye

Specially defensive Skarmory is a great set allowing it to set up spikes against a bigger variety of threats. Also Skarmory can also be an effective mixed wall with a fairly high defensive stat even with little investment. Skarmory is my glue for my team resisting many attacks and providing great support in form of Spikes.

Considered changes
Frosslass isn't bulky enough, and forretress has no means of phazing and can't do anything after ist's set up spikes becoming a dead weight.

Heatran-Choice Scarf
move1-Fire Blast-Reliable STAB except for those damn misses
mov2-Earth Power-To hit Fire switch ins and at least does something to waters
move3- Dragon Pulse- To hit basically anything that resists the Fire/Ground combo
move2-Explosion-To go out with a bang against big threats to my team that my other moves can't ko like Kingdra
evs 252spe 252satk 4atk
Max speed and attack to maximize KO potential 4atk to power up explosion a little
nature-naive

Suggested my Scimjara Scarf Tran gives my team much needed revenge killer. SD Scizor and DD Kingdra are not as big of threats as they were before. Specially Defensive Heatran's only appeal was really the ability to wall Zapdos, Rotom and Jolteon and Roar. This Heatran can just ko those pokes and can scare things away with it's scary fa.. I mean moves that kill man things. I also gave Skarmory the job of setting up Sr.

considered changes
Infernape is really the only other viable option and it's to frail to do anything for my team

Starmie-life orb
move1-Hydro Pump- Gives me more 2HKOs and OHKOs then Surf does, like Rotom and Scizor.
move2-Tbolt- To kill those stupid Gyrados
move3-recover- to recover lost hit points
move4-rapid spin-to stop spike stacking teams
evs 252 hp 252 spe 4 satk
To tank some hits like those from Infernape and outspeed everything
nature-Timid
ability-Natural Cure

Starmie is I think the best spinner in OU, yeah eat that Foretress. Anyways Starmie can hit Rotom Formes for a decent amount of damage with surf(thank god their not ghost next gen) and checks Infernape who are everywhere with da Mence gone. Life Orb is not just for extra power I can also bluff choice scarf early in the game which is really helpful. Starmie also is the second part of my FWG core.

Considered Changes
none

Shaymin-Life Orb
move1- Seed Flare- Shaymin's signature move is so deadly even Blisseyis threatened after a spD drop
move2-Earth Power- To hurt Heatran and Infernape switch ins, also is my strongest move against Metagross and Jirachi
move3-Hp fire- For Skarmory and Scizor
move4-Rest- To recover lost health and works great with Natural Cure
evs 32hp 252 satk 224spe
32hp gives my a good LO recoil number, 252 Satk is for power and 224 spe allows me outspeed alot of things
nature-Timid

Suggested by Scimjara Shaymin gives me much more offensive presence than Celebi who gave me next to nothing . Shaymin solves my funny Electivire problem and stops a huge threat, Suicune. Although Shaymin has less bulk and dosen't complete the celetran combo, being able to check Suicune is too good to pass up and Celebi is more suited for a defensive team unlike my team.

Considered Changes
Of the remaining Grass types Breloom and Celebi. Breloom Beats Blissey and hurts Suicune which is useful but Breloom is too slow and not bulky at all. I already sort of explained why Celebi isn't hear anymore

Conclusion

I hope you liked the team I literally spent two hours on this because my computer likes screwing up and deleting things. Anyways can't wait till the Gen V so off to the Uncharted Territory I go. I would really appreciate rates so rate away please.

Big threats in Red
Troublesome pokes in Orange
non threats in Black

(format taken from Reyscarfe's RMT archive

Aerodactyl :

• Leads: Machamp never loses unless it's the weird banded Aerial Ace

• Life Orb: Can be annoying but Celebi usually beats it with hp ice
Azelf :

• Leads: Machamp beats it except Banded Zan Headbutt
  • LO Sweeper:Heatren walls it
Breloom :

• Scarfed Lead: Machamp wins because of lum berry

Substitute: Now that Celebi is gone these things are a little bit hard to beat after setting up on my Starmie but they really can't hurt my team enough to be a big threat. Shaymin takes Focus Punch and can Hp fire twice for the KO and Skarm just Whirlwind it away, if it dosen't have a sub it's dead.
Dragonite :

• Dragon Dance: Although I don't have Celebi I can just Whirlwind it away with Skarm and Heatran can somewhat revenge it with Dragon Pulse
  • Heal Bell + Dragon Dance: Same as above
Leads: Machamp wins with Ice punch and lives Draco Meteor
  • Choice Band: Skarmory sets up on Outrages and Espeeds. The other moves aren't scary.
Electivire
:

• Sweeper: Shaymin beats it all day
Empoleon :

• Lead: Dynamic Punch switch to Starmie on the aqua jet.
  • SubPetaya: Starmie beats surf+Ice Beam Shaymin beats Surf+Grass knot
Flygon :

• Choice: Skarmory sets up spikes on the eq, outrage and basically anything it has including Thunderpuch which only does like 30%
  • Gengar :

• Sub Split: Are very annoying Skarmory can phaze it away as it lives a Focus blast, Machamp can do alot with Payback+Bullet Punch(these scenarios are assuming it's behind a sub).
  • Life Orb: Starmie outspeeds and beats it with Surf, Machamp can Payback
Gyarados :

• LO Dragon Dance: Starmie and Shaymin handle it, Heatran can just explode if needed
  • Taunt Dragon Dance: same as above but is easier to handle because it's weaker.
  • RestTalker: Starmie, Celebi and Skarmory wall it. Skarmory sets up spikes on it for free
Heatran :

• Choice Scarf: Starmie walls it bar Explosion
  • Choice Specs: If I predict wrong I lose a member of my team, but if I predict right not a threat.
  • Life Orb: Starmie wins with Surf
  • Torment: Starmie beats it with Surf, my Heatren can also just phaze it if it doen't have taunt.
Infernape :

• Mixape: Starmie
  • Choiced: A Banded U-turn catches my Starmie off guard likr 100% of the time, but still easy to beat
  • Lead: Machamp lives Fake out+cc and kos with Dynamic punch+Bullet Punch
  • Nasty Plot/Swords Dance: Starmie
  • Jirachi :

• Scarf: Heatren and Skarmory wall it.
  • Body Slam: Heatren and Skarmory wall it.
  • Calm Mind: Heatran and roar it away
Jolteon :

• Choice Specs: I can revenge with Heatran and because it gets locked into one move I can take advantage of that
Life Orb: same as above but I have to rely on Heatran

Kingdra :

• Lum/Chesto Dragon Dance: Heatran can Dragon Pulse or Explode, Shaymin can Seed Flare it or bait the outrage and switch to Skarm
  • Rain Dance: Shaymin can kill it or lock it into Outrage but still is hard to beat.
Lucario :

• Swords Dance: Gliscor
  • Agility: Celebi, even if it has Crunch I can just Leech Seed stall it.
Machamp:

• Sub + 3 attacks:If hax is on their side it's annoying but Celebi can beat it most of the time.
  • Lead: My Machamp runs extra speed so I usually win
Magnezone :

• Choice Scarf: Will beat my Skarmory but after that It'll do nothing
  • Substitute: Same as above but slower which means easier to kill. Skarm can also phaze it away if it decides to set up on me
Mamoswine :

• Lead- Dynamic punch switch to Skarm and set up spikes.
  • LO Sweeper: Skarm sets up on it, Starmie can Surf it.
Metagross :

• Lead: Switch to Skarm set up spikes
  • Tank: Is walled by everything on my team except Machamp
  • AgiliGross: Skarm gets up spikes If it carries Tpuch Gliscor can kill it.
Porygon-Z :

• Choiced / Generic Sweeper: Heatren
Scizor :

• Choice Band: Is walled by Skarm and Heatran eats it for brakfast.
  • Swords Dance: Heatran eats it for breakfast
Starmie :

• Defensive:Shaymin can beat it and Heatran can also revenge it if it's health is low enough
Life Orb: Shaymin can beat it Heatran can revenge
Togekiss :

• ParaFlinch: Still annoying but Heatran can hurt it alot Starmie can also beat it
  • Nasty Plot: Skarmory can Phaze if it dosen't have Fire Blast if it does This thing will get down to Starmie killing range fast because of no Roost. Heatran can also revenge it.
Tyranitar :

• Choice Band: Skarmory and Gliscor can stall out it's Stone Edges with Roost
  • Choice Scarf: Sort of like Band but even easier to handle
  • Dragon Dance: Skarmory Gliscor can taunt, Toxic then Eq
Weavile :

• Sweeper: I'm sad I don't see these because Skarmory gets free spikes
Yanmega :

• Sweeper: Heatran and Skarm
Defensive Threats
Blissey:

• Wall: Gliscor, Skarm can also set up spikes
Bronzong :

• Wall: Skarm gets spikes up on it Heatren beats ones without eq
Celebi :

• Wall: Skarm can get up spikes even if it has hp fire
  • Life Orb Tinkerbell: I haven't faced one so I 'm not sure but Skarm can most likely wall them
Cresselia :

• Wall: Skarm walls it so does Heatran, Starmie and even Machamp to some extent
Gliscor:

• Stall-breaker: Starmie or Celebi
  • Baton Pass: Depends on what it passes into
Hippowdon :

• Wall: Celebi, Starmie, Skarmory and Gliscor(if It dosen't have Ice Fang).
Skarmory :

• Standard: Starmie, Heatran
Snorlax :

• Curse: Gliscor can taunt+Toxic, Skarmory can phaze it
Suicune:

• CroCune: Phaze it with Skarm, or Shyamin can Seed Flare
  • LO/Leftovers CM: Shaymin can OHKO it even after a Calm Mind
Swampert :

• Standard: Shaymin and Skarm gets spikes up
  • CursePert: see above
  • Tentacruel
    :

• Wall: Skarm sets up on it, Starmie or Shaymin can also take it on prety well.
Vaporeon :

• Wall: Skarm sets up on it, Starmie can eventually beat it Shaymin eats it
Zapdos:

• Generic Wall: Heatren can burn it or roar it
  • SubToxic: see above.
  • Life Orb: see above

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
those EVs DO NOT alow you to take azelf's max special attack psychic- you need at least 240HP and 16 sp.def, you also have 514EVs on machamp. Gliscor lacks 4EVs-put them in attack. Change the EVs on starmie to 252HP, 252speed, 4sp.atk- you have Celebi and Starmie to counter gyara

@Bartman101

fixed up the evs, most Azelf leads are +speed nature so not max special attack, I'm mroe worried of opposing Machamp's destroying my team rather than an Azelf who is walled by my Heatran.

Any other rates that don't involve evs

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello. I would like to point out that this team has trouble against Offensive Water types and surprisingly even Electrivire can be harmful. Celebi doesn't fair well against them and I would suggest you use Offensive Shaymin. You can even try Specs Shaymin for the extra power and it is able to ko' Offensive Suicune even after one Calm Mind. I just feel LO Shaymin is even better because it is more versatile since you aren't locked in one move and you still have the offensive power with Life Orb. Unlike the current Celebi set you use, Shaymin can out speed Electivire and ko' with Earth Power. Use the following move set: Seed Flare | Earth power | Rest | HP Fire, with Timid nature and EV spread of 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe.

I also see no point in using the current Heatran set and you would be better of using Choice Scarf Heatran. With the lack of using a Choice Scarfer you have trouble revenge many Dragon Dance threats. That is why your team faces trouble against Bounce Gyarados and Chesto Rest Kingdra. They switch into Heatran forcing the switch being easily able to set up on Heatran. Scarf Tran out speeds these threats even after a Dragon Dance and can Explode/Dragon Pulse to prevent many of these sweeps. Use the following move set: Fire Blast | Earthpower | Dragon Pulse | Explosion, with Naive nature.

Minor changes are, to use Hydro Pump on Life Orb Starmie. This provides you many ko's that Surf doesn't. By using Hydro Pump you can ko' Scizor after SR and offensive Rotom. Since Heatran wouldn't be setting up SR you can use SR on Skarmory over Brave Bird.

Good Luck with your team
---

@Scimjara

Guess I sould've stuck to Shaymin after all. For the Heatren set, I used to run scarf before with Sr instead of Dragon Pulse, Dragon pulse dosen't ko Kingdra anyways, who is scarier then Gyrados and Dragonite. I definetly don't want Skarmory as taunt fodder but I never used Brave Bird anyways so I'll test that.

edit-after only a few battles I realized how effective those changes are so edited them in, now it's time to edit the threat list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)