Goodstuff Team (I'm a noob so help me out)

Hello everyone. I'm fairly new back to the game so any advice is appreciate (especially when it comes to the EVs). Anyways, I was just looking to make a goodstuff team that could stand up to most of the common threats in the meta-game, so here it is.

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability:
Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Stealth Rocks
~Protect

I usually use this guy as a lead. Intimidate helps against physical threats. I gave him a Lum Berry because he's been getting burned a lot and it really cripples him. It can also be useful if I want to use Klefki to Swagger him. Stealth Rocks is nice to lay early because it helps out against many threats, like Charizard and Talonflame, as well as breaking Sashes. Earthquake is a good STAB move and Rock Slide provides good coverage with it and helps me get the occasional flinch. Protect is there for longevity.

>

Pinsir > Mega-Pinsir
Ability:
Mold Breaker > Aerilate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
~X-Scissor
~Earthquake
~Quick Attack
~Protect

I chose Pinsir as my Mega-Pokemon because Breloom was giving me trouble and an Aerilate Quick Attack can take care of him pretty quick. X-Scissor is there for STAB and really helps against Pokemon like the Latis, Cresselia, and Venasaur. Earthquake provides good coverage and allows me to hit Pokemon like Gengar before I mega evolve, thanks to Mold Breaker. I went with a Jolly nature to outspeed base 100 speed Pokemon.

Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry
Ability:
Storm Drain
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Def
~Earth Power
~HP [Rock]
~Clear Smog
~Protect

I added this guy into my team later because I was seeing a lot of Dragon Dance, Swords Dance, and Bulk Up users. Clear Smog is an unexpected move that has really help me prevent getting swept. Storm Drain helps out really nicely if hes paired with Landorus or Chandelure. Rindo Berry helps him survive a grass attack. Earth Power is there for STAB and HP [Rock] is an unexpected move that has helped to provide good coverage and hit Charizards, Talonflames, and Dragonites well (especially after a Storm Drain boost). He's really turned out to be one of the premier Pokemon of the team.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability:
Infiltrator
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball
~Energy Ball
~Protect

I decided I needed a Pokemon with Infiltrator after seeing so many dual screeners and sub users. Chandelure seemed to fit the niche nicely because he also acts as a spin blocker and provides some coverage that my team was lacking. Focus Sash allows him to at least take one hit (if entry hazards aren't out). Flamethrower and Shadow Ball are there for STAB and Energy Ball allows me to do some damage to those pesky water types. Protect is good for scoping.

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability:
Levitate
Nature: Bold / Calm
EVs: ???
~Icy Wind
~Psyshock
~Trick Room
~Helping Hand / Safeguard

Cresselia is my primary Trick Room counter by being able to use her own Trick Room. Icy Wind has been helping me out a lot by providing essential speed drops to my opponents. Psyschock is for STAB and hits the likes of Hitmontop and Venesaur well. Helping Hand and Levitate is nice to help out my EQ users (or anything else that could use a power boost). Safeguard would help against Spore, Will-O-Wisp, and Thunderwave. Sitrus berry provides some extra longevity. I really need some help with the EVs here.

Klefki @ Air Balloon
Ability:
Prankster
Nature: Bold / Calm
EVs: ???
~Draining Kiss
~Thunder Wave
~Swagger
~Protect

I love this guy because he's just so annoying to opponents. Air Balloon gets rid of his ground weakness for a turn hopefully and has been working out nicely for when hes out with Pinsir or Landorus and they need to EQ. ParaFusion provides a nice speed drop and keeps my opponents guessing about rather they can attack or not. Draining Kiss is good for recovery or if I get Taunted. I could also use a lot of help with the EVs here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)