Goop Troop (OU)

The Goop Troop: A OU team

So before we get into this, I'd like to once again thank the #mentor chat for helping me out with this team. Sets with made, Pokes were deleted and added, etc. They were a big help and I appreciate it greatly. Anyway, let's get into the team!

Slime Time (Goodra) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SAtk / 152 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Muddy Water

What was the starting point of the team: I've always liked Goodra. It can run alot of neat sets, but the Choice Specs one seemed to be one that worked out the most. Goodra has very good Special Attack, allowing it to do nice damage, and it can learn a variety of moves to help support it's movesets. While it IS true Goodra here has no reliable form of recovery, it's still a good Pokemon nonetheless. It has good SpD, allowing it to be bulky, and survive most Moonblasts (though no promises). It's only problem are M-Mawiles, or Azumarills, but that's no problem. Why?

Firesaur (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Mega Charizard Y. Like a few other Megas, I never had a chance to fully use this thing. However, now that I have - I love it. This thing is a absolute beast, with great Special Attack and the moveset to use it nicely. With Drought, it can do deadly damage on M-Mawiles or anything that doesn't like a Fire Blast, and it can counter Azumarill nicely with Solar Beam. (Considering it doesn't have Sap Sipper, but that's pretty rare. Although I'd be suprised.) While running Timid over Modest to put even more dents in others is a weird idea, I'd rather Speed anyway, as this thing's bulky enough to deal with anything without the extra Modest boost. So, Timid it was. This thing is a monster at what it does - and it's no wonder why it's been so popular.

New Fairy (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

This is a Togekiss set I've run in the past - only one thing has changed, and that's Dazzling Gleam > Nasty Plot. This is probably a great Pokemon for any team, especially with this set, as it can be the most obnoxious thing ever if you allow it. Throw around TWaves, and try to get flinch with Air Slash (it is pretty slow, but even then, Togekiss can take a few hits) and just take hits all around. Even now, it quad resists fighting moves, which is GREAT for Excadrill because he won't like those. This thing is great to use, and I know everyone hates it.

Stoned (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I've always loved Conkeldurr. It's a great Pokemon to have, and it does nice damage. And, with the release of Assault Vest this gen, it can be a great bulky attacker. It already has great base HP, and with some more defenses, it basically takes anything thrown at it. Drain Punch is a great recovery move, so I slapped that on there. Mach Punch is for priority, because Conkeldurr isn't the fastest thing around. Knock Off is because..well, it's a great move and it works well, Ice Punch because I absolutely HATE Gliscor.

Kamina (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Stepping down from the throne of Ubers for Gen 6, Excadrill couldn't be happier to be able to run free in a metagame filled with Fairies. This thing also works as my spinner, because while a LO spinner may seem weird, I AM running Charizard-Y. So getting rid of Rocks at any point is my main priority, they can really put a dent in my mega's side. This thing has Mold Breaker because over it's other 2 abilities, I don't have a real need for them, because I don't have any source of sandstorms. Besides, Mold Breaker can hit Rotom-W nicely, and it's never a bad move in any situation. It also provides good backup with Rock Slide and EQ, and it's probably outspeeding anything with max speed Jolly.

Dave (Azumarill) (M) @ Assasult Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower

Now I know what you're thinking. Assault Vest on Azumarill? That won't do anything for it! You're out of your mind. And yes, I am. But honestly AV Azumarill isn't that bad of a idea. It's like Conkeldurr- it's got good enough HP to work. Since I'm no Belly Drum shit, I can safely come in and take -most- attacks. No gurantees, but it works really well. Possibly Raikou TBolts? Who knows. Either way, not a bad idea. Try Assault Vest Azumarill for yourself. You might just be suprised.

Prev. Members:

Actin' Crabby (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer

Thought this guy would be cool, but Azumarill proved to be much more affective. Sorry, Crabby.

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-81218789
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-81670457
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-82072017
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-83207684
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-84036157
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-84114417
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-87732000
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-99320017
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-99370192

So yeah! There's my team. Again, much thanks to the #mentor IRC for helping me patch this team up. I wouldn'tve gotten here without them, and I give them all of my thanks for being incredibly thankful. If there's anything to fix, I'd love the suggestions! Much thanks and if you want to use any of these guys, go ahead! All importable to Showdown. Have fun!

Last edited:
Wish I had more time to give a full review. Quick review will have to do.

For staters, I'm not sure how I feel about Craudant. On the one hand, Focus Sash gives it a promised DDance, but on the other hand, at low health and with the loads of priority around, LO allows you to deal consistantly more damage, only using DDance when you can force a switch. With that being said, try both, maybe you'll like one more than the other. I personally perfer different water types. Azumarill is a known heavy hitter with survivability, but you'd lose out on your dark type. So, there's that.

As much as I like Togekiss, her Para-Flinch set can be very unreliable. I'm not knocking the set, but it takes a bit of time, it's easy to see through, and easy enough to counter if you have the right tools. Dazzling Gleam DOES help suppliment that though.

If I may suggest, try these over Crawdaunt and Togekiss.

Azumarill @ Splash Plate / Left Overs
Huge Power
Adamant 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Def
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower / Swords Dance
This is similar to your crab, but with a lot more survivaility, and an immunity to Dragon rather than Psychic. He'll live longer (hopefully), threaten a lot more targets, and has better coverage. You'll still have Knock Off on your Conkeldurr, who likes it in case of Ghost switches anyways.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Overcoat
Bold 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Sp. Def
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Toxic
This guy will allow you to rid yourself of hazards, he can deal with set ups well and stall (Toxic/Whirlwind), Foul Play is a beast of a move when facing Physical attackers, and Roost keeps her in the game damn well. The EVs are a Leftovers number.

Wish I had more time to give a full review. Quick review will have to do.

For staters, I'm not sure how I feel about Craudant. On the one hand, Focus Sash gives it a promised DDance, but on the other hand, at low health and with the loads of priority around, LO allows you to deal consistantly more damage, only using DDance when you can force a switch. With that being said, try both, maybe you'll like one more than the other. I personally perfer different water types. Azumarill is a known heavy hitter with survivability, but you'd lose out on your dark type. So, there's that.

As much as I like Togekiss, her Para-Flinch set can be very unreliable. I'm not knocking the set, but it takes a bit of time, it's easy to see through, and easy enough to counter if you have the right tools. Dazzling Gleam DOES help suppliment that though.

If I may suggest, try these over Crawdaunt and Togekiss.

Azumarill @ Splash Plate / Left Overs
Huge Power
Adamant 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Def
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower / Swords Dance
This is similar to your crab, but with a lot more survivaility, and an immunity to Dragon rather than Psychic. He'll live longer (hopefully), threaten a lot more targets, and has better coverage. You'll still have Knock Off on your Conkeldurr, who likes it in case of Ghost switches anyways.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Overcoat
Bold 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Sp. Def
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Toxic
This guy will allow you to rid yourself of hazards, he can deal with set ups well and stall (Toxic/Whirlwind), Foul Play is a beast of a move when facing Physical attackers, and Roost keeps her in the game damn well. The EVs are a Leftovers number.
Azumarill I've tested - though the two games he's died, I'll still test him out.

I don't know about Mandy, though. Togekiss has done me LOADS of good in the past, even if everyone knows the set. Removing that is a bit..risky.

Hi, you have a preety solid team. It nice to see a Goodra without assault vest.
For starters, on charzard Y,Air slash > Roost. CharY is a hit and run attacker, and doesn't have a turn to roost as it is preety frail. Air slash provides perfect coverage and is a solid attacking option.

Next, on Togekiss, Aura Sphere > Dazzling Gleam. The only thing that Dazzling gleam is doing is hitting rock types. With aura sphere, You hit BOTH Steel and rock

As for Excadrill, Swords Dance > Iron Head. Earthquake and Rock Slide Provide Good coverage on its own, and Swords dance allows you to crush things Harder!

Also, why are you running speed on Goodra? 252 HP < 252 Spd.

Lastly, Waterfall < Aqua Tail on Azumaril, it just not worth the accuracy drop.

Hope this helped.

Also you double bumped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)