Grades

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just got my grades back and surpassed my expectations, so I'm going to brag >:O

I got 4 A's (particular in Operating Systems, a class I was failing for a while), and a C in Databases, a class I was failing horribly. 3.60 semester GPA woo :O

What did everyone else get?

Still awaiting them in the mail (only one college class though, I'm taking AP, I'm still 14 so I can't take more than 1 class at a time).

The professor did say I got a 4 on my essay (4 out of 6 from both raters, so 8 out of 12). However, still waiting for the total class grades. I'm hoping for something good, I handed in all my assignments in time! =D

4.38, actually went down from last marking period. I'm sophomore in highschool though so in comparison, not big deal unless you know what the Pre-IB program is.

4.0 is the max in my school for regular classes, but weighted classes allow you to gain up to 5.0 each. But I have like a 4.1, so that's actually not too bad.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
why would someone post their GPA if it was shitty?

Anyway, I get my grades on Friday. God help those professors if they don't give me A's...

I'll be the first to post a crappy GPA.

I had 3.5 average last year... went down to a 2.6 this sem.

haha. I'm only in highschool anyway.

In Canada, we just get percentages. My marks are something like:
English: 60-something
English Lit: 85-95 range
Writer's Craft: 95+
Law: Mid-70s
Weight Training: 6x
Scientific Approach to the Meaning of it All: 20-something (I haven't submitted any work for this class yet, since no late marks are taken off. I'm guessing once I get around to submitting all my shit, it'll be like 90-something. It sounds cocky, but I'm confident.)

I take all honors classes minus Band/Physical Education, and even though our first semester doesnt end until mid january, I reckon I have at least a 4.00 GPI.

My trimester ended two weeks ago, I had to following classes:

Online College Physics (with the local community college): 94%
Peer Assistant Listeners (a training class for the PALs at our school): A
Engineering 4: 95%
AP Literature: 92%
AP Biology: 94%

Since AP classes are weighted out of 5, if you receive a 70% or better on the exam, I had a 4.4 for my trimester GPA. With that, I reclaimed the position of #1 in my class with a total GPA of 4.18 after my first trimester of senior year.

Right now I have:
French 4
College Writing (Honors)
Engineering 4
AP Literature
AP Biology

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm in second year. My Cumulative GPA was 3.33. This semester was a bitch.

IAT 102 Graphic Design C
IAT 201 Human-Computer Interaction B-
IAT 233 Spatial Design B+
IAT 265 Multimedia Program Art/Design B+

This semester: 2.833. New CGPA: 3.167

I probably should have tried harder in 102. It's just that the class seemed like such a joke it was hard to take seriously =(

I was ranked number four in my class last year, with a weighted GPA of 4.25. However, I've been pretty lazy this year (it's amazing how much I can get away with, though, and still get good grades), so I have a C in one class and a B in another, but they'll both be A's by the end of the quarter.

Aeolus had a great point, by the way.

ENGL 241 A 3.0 COMPLETED
ENGL 339 A 3.0 COMPLETED
ENGL 351 A 3.0 COMPLETED
ENGL 377 A 3.0 COMPLETED
ENGL 442 A 3.0 COMPLETED

4.0 this sem, cumulative is a 3.5

241 is a survey of Brit Lit from Romanticism to the Modern Period, 339 is 20th Century Brit Lit, 351 is a survey of American lit from post Civil War to present, 377 is Major Modern Poetry, 442 is Shakespeare

My freshman year of high school - 0.8
Sophomore - 1.3
Junior - 1.8
What I graduated with - 2.4

So, yeah, I didn't really give a fuck till 11th grade. Also, > 4.0 isn't that uncommon. If you take AP (college) courses you get 5 quality points for an A. our valedictorian had a 4.289.

I rofl at High School GPA scores. They show work ethic but generally aren't capable of showing the potential of somebody. My friend Cortland is shit at math but has the vocabulary and sheer volume of knowledge like he's his own wiki. He had something like a 4 but considering all the AP classes he took, that's pretty low.

Not to sack the proverbial balls or anything of people who've happened to waste away on critquing their own essays and ID's (do they still call them that?)

I think mine was somewhere around a 3.9 in high school and now it's a solid 4.43 since I'm not taking anything but Culinary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)