NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My responses in bold.
Could you clarify what you meant when you said "i forgot to watch this thread so i thought nothing was going on :/"? I interpreted it as you saying that you forgot to click the watch thread button at the top of the screen before closing the window. If you had received the role PM around 8:11 PM on Saturday, you would have looked for the game, and see that it has started. There would have been 13 posts by players at this point, mostly voting RVS. There you would conclude that the game has started, so you could participate. I would understand if you thought the game was delayed after the role PM was sent out, waiting for an certain time for the game to start.

What happened was that I was on Smogon and IRC as the PMs were being sent out (many people on IRC can confirm this, I'm sure), and saw the thread. I got my PM and left a little while after that. I came home and didn't see any alerts about this game, so I assumed no one had posted, whereas in reality I had forgotten to hit the "Watch Thread" button.

My two line post (post 49) was an small explanation to walrein about my comment in the post before that (post 47), when he asked...

My "explaination" was showcasing an erratic posting mistake which had already been interpreted as suspicious behavior.

Obviously it is probably trolling, but no post lacks any meaning.

I didn't understand the same thing Walrein didn't get, and then your explanation just made it worse.

You still haven't answer about how you hopped on the Ullar wagon without reading in one's posting. I understand random voting for one vote. I understand random voting for two votes. What happened here was that I didn't read the thread and random.org happened to role Ullar. I know, I'm inattentive. You added the fourth vote to the Ullar wagon, and instantly backed down from the wagon once Walrein pointed out that you had hopped on the wagon. This was when I noticed that there was a wagon. Two of your votes in this game have been bandwagon votes, and a snowballed bandwagon is the easiest way to off a villager on day 1.

You also haven't contributed much to the conversation, and I would like to see who you think is mafia (other than me of course). You, I don't really have any other major suspicions. My pressure is really asking one simple question: Why do you seemed to have a tendency to vote for both of the wagons that have passed so far?

I believe I've explained this.

My vote stands. So does mine.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Oh and I voted Ullar to try to get a response from him to put some pressure on a player that I felt would likely give some signs on alignment from pressure and bandwagoned his already high vote count to see if he would flinch. I think he mostly just ignored it though.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been out of the house all day and then doing mafia stuff once I finally got back, so I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment, but some of my thoughts so far:

-Getting really strong town vibes from LightWolf. His aggression is forcing people to respond to him, as well as making him quite noticeable, which I don't think mafiawolf would want.

-I don't like Felony's logic. You're saying Celever's mafia because he's explaining things rather than posting little one liners? That's not how it works. I also don't really think Celever was all that defensive.

-I suppose I'm satisfied with the argument of Obbmudd being an inexperienced newbie, though I still think he's acting a bit oddly. Unvote for now, but I've got my eye on him.

-starwarsfan's argument is bullshit. Even if you had assumed nobody had posted, you would have had to scroll past the entire page of posts to get to the reply box and make yours. Vote starwarsfan until he quits lying.

-Ace Emerald, Paperblade, and Memoric need to post more; we've had one meaningful post out of the former and none out of the latter two.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I recognize the importance of the random vote phase for showing scum slips and gaining preliminary info, it can just seem a little forced and futile at points @.@ regardless, I'll try to do my part better to figure out who's what.

I don't like Felony's logic much either and after reading through the thread again I take back my vague allegations, Celever doesn't seem that scummy or quick to narrow in on another target. Sorry about that, LW said mistakes are okay though ^_^

I agree with LightWolf giving strong town vibes, but (not to get too WIFOM) LW is a strong enough player to put up a good facade. I think you could apply a similar description to yourself, Walrein.

I'd also like some more out of starwarsfan, as I haven't really been satisfied many of his posts and reasons. However, since Walrein already put some pressure there, I'd like to put pressure on fellow not-posting user Memoric
Vote Memoric
Please say something ^_^

I'm doing homework sorry bby

I don't really see anything wrong with Obbmud trying to mislead people, lynch all liars is a dumb policy and reaction tests are fine if you're actually gonna follow it up.

unvote, vote starwarsfan

His vote was bad and not explained, if you do not understand obbmud, how is he scummy?

walls of texts suck

Can't say I'm too impressed by starwarsfan's responses, but I don't want to hop on the bandwagon just yet. Felony's only real post so far wasn't that impressive, as Walrein pointed out, so my vote remains there for the pressure.

Ace Emerald, I understand wanting to get Memoric talking, but should you really vote him? He's a villager (mayors are always village, right?) so your vote is probably better of somewhere else.

I'm agreeing with others that LW's posts have been effectively aggressive so far, leaning town on him.

Also, Ullar, I thought you had more experience playing mafia?

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hihi

Yeah, sorry for not posting recently u.u but all I have to say today here is that the two that really stand out to me is obmudd and swf. The way obmudd is posting is really poor and is really suspicious, but it could just be himself. His posting is just kinda off though. Starwarsfan on the other hand, from what I saw, just kinda jumped on a few bandwagons. Especially on obmudd's, with his reason as "I don't get you." ._.

I don't really have much to say as we're still beginning. I'm working with what I have atm. I do have one more hunch on who could be mafia, but let's just wait and see.

I'mma just put my vote on obbmud then since it has more use there as of now, but I will change it as time flies.
Unvote
Vote obmudd99

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will confirm the suspicions on me being town, you got me, I admit it! Also there is no such thing as mafiawolf sillies, I'm always townwolf regardless of faction or role. Standard LightWolf operation procedure: Aggressive early, start idling around middle of day 2, people start asking for more posts from me, I go through the thread making a megapost analysing some people which buys me around 48 hours of idling, rinse and repeat till I have an actual argument. IT CAN'T FAIL

Also Ace, indeed mistakes are OK, after all if you didn't make them how would we be able to decide is one if mafia or not!(I merely go by what seems like a completely illogical course of action, based on common sense or someone's previous actions rather than the "this is a scumtell" stuff, or the seemingly popular "I saw this guy idling in the thread")

Sticking to Obbmud mostly to give him another reason to respond to swf, I very much like their discussion... ehehehehe.....

Tesung has subbed in for Da Letter El, effective immediately.

All votes on Da Letter El have been cleared, as he is no longer a player in the game. You may revote Tesung if you wish.

Carry on.

Day 1, Vote Count 4.5 (special substitution count)(Majority is 8 votes)

Ace Emerald (0):
Blue_Tornado (1): Obbmud99
Cancerous (0):
Celever (0): LightWolf
Empoof (0): Celever
Felony (1): Memoric More Cowbell
LightWolf (1): Empoof
Memoric (1): Ace Emerald
More Cowbell (0): Obbmud99
Obbmud99 (5): More Cowbell Celever Walrein starwarsfan LightWolf Memoric L-3
Paperblade (0): Walrein starwarsfan
starwarsfan (3): Obbmud99 Walrein UllarWarlord Obbmud99 Walrein Paperblade
Da Letter El Tesung (0): Felony Blue_Tornado Celever (votes cleared by substitute)
UllarWarlord (2): UllarWarlord Ace Emerald Da Letter El Cancerous starwarsfan
Walrein (0): Paperblade Blue_Tornado

Not Voting: Blue_Tornado, Celever (votes removed by substitution)

Host Mistake Tally since most recent Deadline Review: 0
Overall: 1

Next Vote Count: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 29th (~5 hours away).
Deadline: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 2nd (~77 hours away).

Carry on.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Also, Ullar, I thought you had more experience playing mafia?
Experience does not equate to skill, my friend.

As a side note, I would like to thank Walrein to finally putting into words my suspicions against swf. The guy seems v. shady to me. Understand that I'm not trying to simply bandwagon here, I am using my thought and other's articulation to summarize my points, as I am shit on explaining things.

vote starwarsfan

Day 1, Vote Count 5(Majority is 8 votes)

Ace Emerald (0):
Blue_Tornado (1): Obbmud99
Cancerous (0):
Celever (0): LightWolf
Empoof (0): Celever
Felony (1): Memoric More Cowbell
LightWolf (1): Empoof
Memoric (0): Ace Emerald
More Cowbell (0): Obbmud99
Obbmud99 (4): More Cowbell Celever Walrein starwarsfan LightWolf Memoric L-4
Paperblade (0): Walrein starwarsfan
starwarsfan (4): Obbmud99 Walrein UllarWarlord Obbmud99 Walrein Paperblade UllarWarlord L-4
Da Letter El Tesung (0): Felony Blue_Tornado Celever (votes cleared by substitute)
UllarWarlord (1): UllarWarlord Ace Emerald Da Letter El Cancerous starwarsfan
Walrein (0): Paperblade Blue_Tornado

Not Voting: Blue_Tornado, Celever (votes removed by substitution), Ace Emerald

Host Mistake Tally since most recent Deadline Review: 0
Overall: 1

Next Vote Count: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on April 30th (~24 hours away).
Deadline: 4:00 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 2nd (~72 hours away).

Carry on.

OK so it's time to say a few things (taking a break from studying to do this):
Walrein said:
-starwarsfan's argument is bullshit. Even if you had assumed nobody had posted, you would have had to scroll past the entire page of posts to get to the reply box and make yours. Vote starwarsfan until he quits lying.
I had the thread opened. When I got back, I typed my vote without reloading and then closed the tab. Yeah, I know it sounds hella suspicious, but it's true ~.
paperblade said:
His vote was bad and not explained, if you do not understand obbmud, how is he scummy?
I voted obbmud to put additional pressure on him to respond, and then when he was arguing with me I kept my vote on him because his counterarguments to Walrein's arguments made no sense (to me).
UllarWarlord said:
As a side note, I would like to thank Walrein to finally putting into words my suspicions against swf. The guy seems v. shady to me. Understand that I'm not trying to simply bandwagon here, I am using my thought and other's articulation to summarize my points, as I am shit on explaining things.
So you're doing exactly the same thing that I'm accused of doing?

So anyway for my thoughts (Remember that this is my first NOC):

I'd like to hear more from Memoric and Cancerous. Memoric commented a bit, but Cancerous still has no meat and Memoric has very little. As the two people who are cleaned ATM, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Obbmud99 still seems shady to me for reasons I've explained, but apparently my reasoning is incorrect, so unvote for now.

LightWolf seems village to me for reasons others have explain, Walrein does as well but not to the same extent.

Empoof is shady imo simply because his only posts are a rand and a 2-liner about this game being a shit show. Lynch empoof for that reason.

I've been out of the house all day and then doing mafia stuff once I finally got back, so I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment, but some of my thoughts so far:

-Getting really strong town vibes from LightWolf. His aggression is forcing people to respond to him, as well as making him quite noticeable, which I don't think mafiawolf would want.

-I don't like Felony's logic. You're saying Celever's mafia because he's explaining things rather than posting little one liners? That's not how it works. I also don't really think Celever was all that defensive.

-I suppose I'm satisfied with the argument of Obbmudd being an inexperienced newbie, though I still think he's acting a bit oddly. Unvote for now, but I've got my eye on him.

-Ace Emerald, Paperblade, and Memoric need to post more; we've had one meaningful post out of the former and none out of the latter two.
You completely misunderstood me. I'm saying Celever is suspicious because he's using someone else's explanation for his vote, without even bothering to read it.

I recognize the importance of the random vote phase for showing scum slips and gaining preliminary info, it can just seem a little forced and futile at points @.@ regardless, I'll try to do my part better to figure out who's what.

I don't like Felony's logic much either and after reading through the thread again I take back my vague allegations, Celever doesn't seem that scummy or quick to narrow in on another target. Sorry about that, LW said mistakes are okay though ^_^

I agree with LightWolf giving strong town vibes, but (not to get too WIFOM) LW is a strong enough player to put up a good facade. I think you could apply a similar description to yourself, Walrein.

I'd also like some more out of starwarsfan, as I haven't really been satisfied many of his posts and reasons. However, since Walrein already put some pressure there, I'd like to put pressure on fellow not-posting user Memoric
Vote Memoric
Please say something ^_^
This just seems like a "me too" post and didn't read what I wrote, it just looks like you are trying to push a narrative. Can you elaborate on why you don't find Celever scummy all of a sudden?

Hihi

Yeah, sorry for not posting recently u.u but all I have to say today here is that the two that really stand out to me is obmudd and swf. The way obmudd is posting is really poor and is really suspicious, but it could just be himself. His posting is just kinda off though. Starwarsfan on the other hand, from what I saw, just kinda jumped on a few bandwagons. Especially on obmudd's, with his reason as "I don't get you." ._.

I don't really have much to say as we're still beginning. I'm working with what I have atm. I do have one more hunch on who could be mafia, but let's just wait and see.

I'mma just put my vote on obbmud then since it has more use there as of now, but I will change it as time flies.
Unvote
Vote obmudd99
Why would you keep quiet on who you think is mafia? Spit it out.

Experience does not equate to skill, my friend.

vote starwarsfan
This is just scummy in my opinion. You being bad at explaining things doesn't justify you not talking about someone at all, let alone not voting that person until someone else decides to with reasoning you "like".

OK so it's time to say a few things (taking a break from studying to do this):
I had the thread opened. When I got back, I typed my vote without reloading and then closed the tab. Yeah, I know it sounds hella suspicious, but it's true ~.I voted obbmud to put additional pressure on him to respond, and then when he was arguing with me I kept my vote on him because his counterarguments to Walrein's arguments made no sense (to me).So you're doing exactly the same thing that I'm accused of doing?

So anyway for my thoughts (Remember that this is my first NOC):

I'd like to hear more from Memoric and Cancerous. Memoric commented a bit, but Cancerous still has no meat and Memoric has very little. As the two people who are cleaned ATM, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Obbmud99 still seems shady to me for reasons I've explained, but apparently my reasoning is incorrect, so unvote for now.

LightWolf seems village to me for reasons others have explain, Walrein does as well but not to the same extent.

Empoof is shady imo simply because his only posts are a rand and a 2-liner about this game being a shit show. Lynch empoof for that reason.
Your reasoning is incorrect because you are just merely bandwagoning. There were enough votes on Obbmud to create pressure and force him to post, why not go after someone else? You continued the posts of agreement by saying LightWolf seems village to you for reasons already mentioned above, why don't you give reads on people not being stated as much? I also don't like your vote too much. Yes, it is unhelpful for him to not be posting and be lurking around, but I wouldn't think that is too scummy and that lynch should really only be for pressure.

Felony said:
Your reasoning is incorrect because you are just merely bandwagoning. There were enough votes on Obbmud to create pressure and force him to post, why not go after someone else? You continued the posts of agreement by saying LightWolf seems village to you for reasons already mentioned above, why don't you give reads on people not being stated as much? I also don't like your vote too much. Yes, it is unhelpful for him to not be posting and be lurking around, but I wouldn't think that is too scummy and that lynch should really only be for pressure.
Well I'm sorry if my reasoning is incorrect, it made sense to me. Again, I'm new to NOC. Also my vote was just for pressure, IDK why you got another reason from that, maybe I wasn't clear.

Hi guys I have calc finals the next to days so don't expect any tldrs from me for a little it, but apparently if you don't post a shitton its shady, so lynch walrein cuz he is scum hunting which is bad?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You completely misunderstood me. I'm saying Celever is suspicious because he's using someone else's explanation for his vote, without even bothering to read it.

This just seems like a "me too" post and didn't read what I wrote, it just looks like you are trying to push a narrative. Can you elaborate on why you don't find Celever scummy all of a sudden?

Why would you keep quiet on who you think is mafia? Spit it out.

This is just scummy in my opinion. You being bad at explaining things doesn't justify you not talking about someone at all, let alone not voting that person until someone else decides to with reasoning you "like".

Because in the very post you quoted, Celever says we banded wagoned too quickly. I accused him of focusing on obbman as he first questioned his story, but missed the part where he criticized the focusing. I did read what you wrote, his post didn't seem defensive at all, it just seemed like he thought we made fast decisions. You seem more defensive than Celever tbh.

Honestly your behavior is pretty weird itt. I can't tell if you're just misguided town or if you're scum or what. You seem to think that anyone posting something similar to someone else is scummy, and while scumminess and merely bandwagoning sometimes go together, they don't have to. Just because someone is confirmed town doesn't mean we need to hang on their every word for scum tells, for all we know the cleaned villagers could be completely off. They might not even have opinions yet @.@ On the one hand your dedication makes me think town, but your pushiness and defensiveness are pretty clear.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Perhaps I look scummy due to my inability to articulate my points.

Perhaps it's just my goblin avatar.

I assure you that I am looking for the betterment of the village - if you want my opinion, here goes. starwarsfan has been too damn jumpy. He's been jumping from one thing to another, and is too eager to defend himself and redirect attention onto others. I just think that he has been looking fairly bad, and if it's a crime to not want to regurgitate a point and save us all some time, then so be it.

Hi guys I have calc finals the next to days so don't expect any tldrs from me for a little it, but apparently if you don't post a shitton its shady, so lynch walrein cuz he is scum hunting which is bad?
Scum hunting is not necessarily bad, because it is essential to finding out who is mafia. Scum hunting can easily backfire if you propose completely false information, expecting people to believe information that was not posted in the tread or available for everyone to see if they wish, like for example claiming that I lynch voted ShinySkarmory, which I have not done yet.

Since we're still in a phase of pressuring and not really knowing who's who, I'm gonna unvote and lynch UllarWarlord. Not being able to hide behind others and follow a village leader doesn't give you a reason to add pretty much nothing to the discussion. Pretty much every post by Ullar so far is only one or two lines long, and just echoes some of the points of a post right before that.

Another post I don't get is Tesung's; why lynch Walrein when he is trying to scum hunt?

Also, where's B_T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)