HAIL SAND STALL (Peaked #9 1726 Points) Actually finished xd

Info
Hello guys and welcome to my first RMT on smogon. Im Shuckle (laddering under the alt Amzedsowow on Shodown) and i want to present you a my sand stall ladder team. The team actually got me to 1726 points on Shodown and 1702 on PO. I think the team is very solid and I would be really glad if you guys would rate my team. Im sorry for each spelling or grammar fault i will make in the RMT english isn't my mother language. Hopefully you guys don't mind to much. Without further do lets get right into the team!

Raking
upload_2014-4-21_12-19-21.png

#Hardcorefail

At a glance

In Depth

Spit it out (Tyranitar) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
- Sleep Talk

To start things of we have Tyranitar. With it's great bulk and some nice attack stats while having great typing it's able to check and counter some of the biggest threats in the ubers metagame. It walls Yveltal, Ho-oh (if it's not banded, Lugia, Mega Gengar (if it doesn't have Focus Blast), Darkrai (if it doesn't have Focus Blast) and last but not least Mewtwo Y (if it doesn't have Focus Blast xd). Tyranitar used to be my stealth rock supporter but since it doesn't have access to recovery moves i decied to use a rest talk set with Pursuit to trap Gengar and Mewtwo.

Wait n bleed (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Toxic/Whirlwind
- Taunt/Brave Bird/Counter
- Defog

Next we got Skarmory. With it's great defensive stets and it's access to defog, Skarmory is more or less a must in any sand stall team. Skarmor's task is to wall Ekiller, Groudon, basically any physical based mon in the ubers metagame. I decided to give it Rocky Helmet because i have none attacking move. Shed Shell or Leftovers are viable too. You can deiced which Skarmory set u like more. I personally like the taun toxic set because it helps me walling Ferothorns, other Skarmorys and even Lugia.

Psychosocial (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Man i love Gliscor. Gliscor is such a great Pokemon in ubers. With it's speed and Toxic Heal it's one of the best stall breakers. And this is the task of this mon. Gliscor is theretogiveoosing stall teams a really hard time. It taunts defense mons, toxics balanced mons and kills steal types.

Duality (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic
Finally a specially defensive wall! Gastrodon is by fare the best Kyogre counter. It helps me against Palkia and Calm Minde Arceuses too( Palkia doesn't 2 hit Ko it). I think that the moves are really selfe explaining.

Snap (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball

There has to be a Xerneas check in any team. I decided to put Aegislash on my team to handel it. Aegislash also handles Focus Blast Mewtwo Y pretty well. Toxic over s´Shadow Sneak because i want to have an answer to Calm Mind Arceus if Gastodon goes down also i have Tyranitar to threaten Deoxys-S. Sadly there was no cool animation for Aegislash :(.

Surfacing (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Judgment

Last but not least we have Arceus-Ghost. Any stall team needs at least some sort of entry hazard and since Skarmory has no moveslot left I gave my Arceus Rocks. I put so much speed on it because i want to outrun Adamant Arceus and burn them with Will-O-Whisp. This Arceus used to be a defensive Calm Mind Arceus but after i changed T-tar to Rest Talk i gave this thing Stealth Rocks. The Special defense IV's are ther to handel Palkia if Gastro goes down.

Last Words

Allright guys i hope you anyoed the RMT and I would be glad if you guys could leave some comments. If seen quite a lot people having nearly the same team but my team is actually a rebuild of an old Sand Stall team I used in BW2. I garantie you that this team isn't copied at all ! Im sorry for all the spelling faults I made through the RMT :( I hope you guys can understand me. I really have to say thanks to all my friends on PO and PS (even though nobodey knows me on PS haha) for the great support you gave me. This was Shuckle and I wish you a good day :].

Importable
Spit it out (Tyranitar) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
- Sleep Talk

Wait n bleed (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Defog

Psychosocial (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Duality (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Snap (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball

Surfacing (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Judgment

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Shuckle what are u doing here.. I know u on PO and chat to u a bit, whilst I've seen u on that alt in the various rooms too. Tell me is this any better than the legendary CM Ho-oh team (here) (legendary PO ladder) (Hack knows what I'm talking about)

Edit: When Minority Suspect is telling you how many mistakes are in your team you KNOW you're doing something wrong, js.

Edit 2: At least the names are from decent songs, can't fault that.

Despite my dislike for the band your team is named from, I will try to help you build it all the same.

Minority Suspect has a lot of good points, and it would do you well to attempt to work with all of them.

As he has said, it is difficult to give you any particular changes, because this isn't really Stall and it's a bit difficult for it to function as a Stall, but it's more of a bulky team that relies on Toxic.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Shuckle,

Solid team, but a few crippling errors make this team much less effective than it could be.

1. Cleric. As Minority Suspect said, without cleric support, you may as well not run stall. Frankly, it just doesn't work. I'd probably suggest Xerneas or even Sylveon. It greatly increases your stalling capabilities, though you don't really have much room to move with largely due to the exclusivity of pokemon's roles (i.e. Gastrodon ONLY checks Kyogre).

2. Threats. There are a few relevant threats that this team kind of struggles with. Ho-Oh is one of them actually. This is largely due to the lack of a cleric, because while you have Ttar checking it, it really hates burns, and Gliscor is 2HKOd by a 252+ LO BB. Ygod and Palkia give you moderate trouble (not too much but moderate). Mega Blaziken really is tough to beat since he has the possibility to OHKO everything on this team at +2. Mainly, you have to predict really well to not get straight out 6-0d.

3. Other than this, general threats to this team are pretty much anything toxic immune. As Minority Suspect alluded to, you've got toxic and that's it, and against poisons and steels, this team struggles to do anything to them. CM Poisonceus is going to annoy you, particularly ones running Fire Blast for coverage.

Optimization:

Overall, recount EVs, you've got a few extra on some of them.

Ttar: Consider an SDef spread, or at least enough that Mega Gengar can't OHKO with Focus Blast. I think 136+ SDef EVs should avoid the KO after rocks in the sand.

Aegislash: Shadow Sneak > Shadow Ball imo, priority really helps.

Ghostceus: Not sure if I would creep to Adamant Ekiller, since Jolly Max+ LO is better/more common? this gen. 96+ outspeeds base 90s, 112+ for Garchomp, but it doesn't matter that much.

And, a really minor nitpick, you can run 0 Atk IVs to help vs Swagkeys.

Good luck!

EDIT: wut "hail" team lol

EDIT (again): Minority Suspect, not sure Keys are the best fit here since there's nothing else to force it out or even remotely threaten it after it is paralyzed.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
But it does leave you vulnerabilities to being burnt by WoW or Scald on the switch-in (it's the sort of play that you try and make in stall vs stall)

Congrats on posting the team, but isn't stall without cleric support like the stupidest thing ever. Also your team relies almost entirely on Toxic damage, so threats like Dialga cannot really be shut down (Gastro is your best chance but it's still not great). Some other mons like Ho-Oh and Darkrai are virtually impossible to take down if a single member of your team is lost, although I guess this applies to most stall builds anyways. No priority at all also gives Deo-A a chance to really mess shit up. Surprised that you don't have a spikes stacker, even though spikes stacking is more difficult due to Defog, stall appreciates it even more than other team structures to punish those that don't want to stay in and get stalled.

As for suggestions I'd try out some other Xern counters other than Aegi just to see if you like them any better. My first thoughts are Keys (which would give Spike stacking) and maybe an experiment like AV Metagross which gives priority in addition to its hard counter (you can also try SS on Aegi, but I don't know how good it works on this team). I'd also consider what Skarm and Arceus-Ghost are providing as they are both good methods of shutting down set up physical sweepers, so maybe you should dedicate one to fulfilling that role and the other can be hazards setter / phazer. I guess maybe you could swap Defog and Stealth Rock on the two, although maybe your team benefits more from having rocks on Arceus and Defog on Skarm, this is a question you should be able to answer.

I believe cleric support is basically mandatory for stall but I don't exactly know how to fit it in this team so I'll leave that up to you. Some good clerics are Xern, Sylveon, and Bliss. The fairies also have the advantage of stopping Draco spam, although that isn't that big of a deal when you're running two steel types already. gl

First of all thanks for the reply bro I really appreciate it.

Cleric Support: I considered cleric support first in form of a shed shell blissey. But after some time i realized that i really don't relie on wish/heal bell support seeing that all my pokes exept aegi have some sort of recovery. Heal bell isn't needed that much because i have 2 steal types which absorbe toxic and 2 "toxic absorbers" in form of Ttar and Gliscore. Thes 2 guys make toxic pritty much useless (Yeveltal, Landorus-T,Blissey,Keys,Aegi, im sure I missed one lol).Normally I don't switch Gastrodon or Arceus in potential toxic users and if they get toxiced its what ever.You have to predicte the toxic users whaten isn't hard. But you really throw my attention on Sylvion. I think sylvi would work really well in the team. Thanks for the suggestion !

Spike Support: Spike support is indeed really helpful on stall teams. Skarmory used to have spikes and Arceus had defog+Willow. But I really relie on defog since hazards are really annoying for stall teams especially if you are forced ou a lot. Many Stealth Rock supporter get free Rocks up on manny of my pokes(Groudon, Dialga,Deoxys-A, Landorus-T) by scaring them out. And even if i get spikes up i have to defog them away if the opponent gets rocks up. I really thought that spikes were helpfull for the team too but after some time i let them out completely. Klefki doesn't fit that well in the team because even after a T-wave i have nothing to kill it. It will easily get more kills before I'm even able to kill it. Dialga hasn't proven to be a problem at all because Gastro+Tar and good prediction pritty much fuck it over(especially because they go for rocks first and because of this i can get gastro in for free and recover stall the dracos whit this is ment the -2 shit). And correct me if im wrong but isn't toxic stall too ?

Threats: Wall breakers are wall breakers. Mons like Darkrai or banded Ho-oh are threats to most stall teams because 1 of ther huge power and 2 ther unpredictability and coverage (Darkrai). I really can't do much other than toxic the Ho-oh and stall it out( Ttar is a switch in though because i can force mind games). You have to scoute out what darkrai set the opponent is running. Normally I sleep fodder my Ttar and i go out into my Gastro and try to toxic it. After that i go back to tar and I scout for Focus Blast by going to Arceus. If they have it it's a prediction game if not Ttar walls them. I lead with Ttar against Deoxys-A and double out to Arceus. Because of the sand damage the sahs is broken and i can kill them.

Im really happy that you respond and i will test out silvy. Thank you and have a nice day ;).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)