Abomasnow (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

He's big, he's bad, he makes you wrack up the heat bill.

This abomination is the heart and soul of what makes a hail team function, and if he didn't invoke an ondemand snow day, there would be no reason to use him.

I chose this build because I wanted to be able to kill dragons with priority Ice Lance, and use Leech Seed, thats it. There is really no purpose to keep this Ghillie suite look-alike in the battle unless he can do some damage. My main strat is to Sub up and go for Leech Seed if I am trying to force a switch or just sit there and let the damage rack up, or just priority ice lance to slay any sneaky lizards who are dumb enough to cross paths with him.

The EV spread is to support his Barney-beatdown, or just sit there and chill.

The Spectator

Reuniclus (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

This guy man...what do I say? He wins me games....all the time, and frankly, makes my opponent ingest more salt than a bag of Bugels.

His mission in life is to sit back, and let my opponent throw everything AND the kitchen sink to try and stop him while I stack Calm Minds to ridiculous levels (Typically stop at 3 unless I am feeling greedy =p)

Recovery lets me....recover, allowing me to survive those STAB earchqukes and come back from Dark Pulse with ease. Focus Blast and I have a love hate relationship, and I would normally use HP-Fighting over it, but there have been too many times where that extra beef on FB has come in handy, so I keep it around on this team. Then we have Psyshock....shouldn't have to explain this one.
My EV spread is to maximize survivability, because you really don't need any damage boost in the long run.

Too Cruel for School

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 204 HP / 208 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard

Let it Rip! This guy can spin with the best of em....well actually, aside from Starmie's raw splashibility, he may just be the best.

Toxic spikes are op, and Blizzard wins games, so why not use them both? Tack on the tride and true Rapid-Spin, and a heat-seeking Blizz for type coverage, and your pretty much set.

As far as EV's go, I chose more of a D set for this monster metroid so that he could take hits on the switch in, which is especially useful if my opponent still has leech seed on them, while still being able to dish a hit now and again with that extra speed.

THE JANITOR

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Adamant Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Dragon Tail

- Ice Beam

See, this team is really cruel, because when you are staring down at a C-Scarf Kyurem - Black, you WANT to break out in a sweat, but the cold keeps you from doing so. s(・`ヘ´・;)ゞ

Sweeper extraordinaire, I decided to go with this build to maximize the fear. F-Bolt slays most anything that is unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of it against a Rain-Dance team, while Outrage is there because...he is a dragon with C-Scarf. Dragon Tail lets the good times roll, swatting my opponent into deadly T-spikes, or killing their built up stat boosts (SUCK IT Volcarona!), while Ice Beam is used to put the hurt on physical walls (and other Dragons).

The EV Spread is to Blitzkrieg my opponent into dust, and it has yet to fail me.

On The Rocks

Walrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Blizzard

When it hits the fan, this guy keeps a cool head. Having great typing for this team, and INSANE healing capacity between Ice Body and Leftovers, not many things can wall like Walrein.

Taking into account his raw synergy with the team by just existing, I decided to go with a very stall based build. Toxic and Protect left me sit back and kill anything that it can infect, while Sub lets me set up against anything that is slower than me, or won't OHKO. Finally, Blizzard is a fantastic STAB, that can hurt anything and everything, even on resist.

Glass-lass

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

This is something I am currently testing, will post a more complete rundown of her when I have more information

Basically, Speed to set up rocks, and Destiny Bond for the unsuspecting victim.

Thats pretty much it, would love any advice, especially in terms of the lead, as I am still not sold on Glis as of yet.​

Last edited:
Nice team, hail is fairly uncommon.

On Kyurem, don't run Adamant nature, as that lowers Ice Beam's power.
On Stallrein you should run Sub over Encore.
Your team haz a masdive rock weakness, with 3 weaknessess and one resist. Same with fighting, although you have 3 resists so it is not as severe.

Good luck, and if I think of anything else, I will be sure to inform you!
Hop I helped!

Nice team, hail is fairly uncommon.

On Kyurem, don't run Adamant nature, as that lowers Ice Beam's power.
On Stallrein you should run Sub over Encore.
Your team haz a masdive rock weakness, with 3 weaknessess and one resist. Same with fighting, although you have 3 resists so it is not as severe.

Good luck, and if I think of anything else, I will be sure to inform you!
Hop I helped!
TY for the advice, I defiantly agree with your points.

I decided to switch out Gliscor for:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

I feel she is a stronger lead, and Destiny Bond can put in some work. I will mod the OP.

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Starmie is better than Tentacruel for your team. Tenta is more suited for Rain teams.
Also, mixed Abomasnow>SubLeech Abomasnow.
This set:
Code:
Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk/ 108 SAtk/ 148 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer/Giga Drain
- Earthquake/ Focus Punch
- Ice Shard

I think Starmie is better than Tentacruel for your team. Tenta is more suited for Rain teams.
Also, mixed Abomasnow>SubLeech Abomasnow.
This set:
Code:
Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk/ 108 SAtk/ 148 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer/Giga Drain
- Earthquake/ Focus Punch
- Ice Shard
Very interesting idea's. I will give them a try, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)