Hallelujah it's raining men! Rain RMT!

Introduction Changes to the team will be in Red
This RMT has been edited, if you haven't read it already, please do!
Hello and welcome to my Rain RMT. I hope you enjoy reading this RMT and can help me improve this team, I am very surprised at how amazing it has worked because it only took me a couple hours to plan every member of the team. The effects of rain help every member of the team and was designed around the fact that rain half's the damage of fire moves. When you see the words synergy in a pokemons description it means what pokemon on my team are covering a certain weakness for the mentioned pokemon.

Scroll down if you do not care about the team rating, the RMT is very nice!

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

Well with any rain team you gotta have a Politoed so I obviously chose him. I like the specs variant because it actually has a lot of power.

Well if you read the intro, one of the main selling points for a rain team was the fact that fire type moves do 50% less damage in the rain, turning scizor's 4x fire weakness into a 2x weakness. I chose the bulky variant because it works very well with the rest of the team and has great sweeping potential in the rain or even out.

I loved the fact that rain powered up water moves and gave thunder 100% accuracy in the rain. I figured that Rotom-W was the perfect pokemon to preform this task, Rotom firing off STAB Modest Thunders and Hydro Pumps in the rain hurts a huge amount of pokemon and is very useful in many battles.

Bronzong is a key player on this team for several reasons, he can wall many pokemon on sandstorm teams and is my stealth rock user on the team. Bronzong in rain with levitate is one of my favorite pokemon to use as it can completely wall some of the pokemon who would otherwise kill this team.

Breloom, the member who replaced toxicroak. Breloom does not benefit that much from rain being up, but he has some specific tasks on the team. Breloom also having access to spore is very handy.

Finally my team needed a certain pokemon who was fast, hit hard, was good in rain and also had synergy with other members. Latios was the perfect teamate as it fit perfectly in this team and loved having specs rain boosted surfs.

So that is how the team was built. These will be the sets more detailed and they make up the bulk of this RMT, enjoy!

The Team

RainingMen
Politoed@Choice Specs
Ability:Drizzle
Nature:Modest
EVs:252HP/252Spe/4SpD
Movset:
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power(Grass)

Politoed is for the most part the lead for my team, he sets up the rain but also can put a dent in many things. Hydro Pump is the main attack to put the hurt on pretty much anything, ice beam is for dragons, Focus blast can hit ferrothorns switching in very hard and is a good coverage move in general. I opted for hidden power grass over electric because it hits pokemon who are Ground/Water for 4x damage and also for Rotom-W.

Team Synergy
Grass-Scizor, Bronzong, Latios, Breloom
Electric-Latios, Breloom

FalconPUMP
Rotom-W@Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
EVS:112HP/252SpA/144Spe
Moveset:
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split

Rotom is one of the main rain abusers on the team. I see many people running bulky/support rotom's or a mix between the two but I am aiming for a pure offensive rotom that hit's a lot harder than expected. This Rotom is using 3 attacks plus pain split, the reason I am running shadow ball over HP ice is that it hits Latios/Latias harder than HP Ice, and if you did not notice a lot of people rely on Latios/Latias to take the electric and water attacks along with their ferrothorn. Rotom-W with life orb is almost never seen so they might think it has purely attacking moves, I run pain split to really get some health back on switches or pokemon who do not want to immediately attack Rotom-W. Rotom-W has been working very well for this team and with addition of shadow ball I hope he does even better. (Dark pulse is also available, I think ghost is a better type for attacking though, tell me what you think)

Team Synergy
Grass-Scizor, Bronzong, Latios, Breloom

Not OU?
Latios@Choice Specs
Nature:Timid
EVS:252SpA/252Spe/4SpD
Moveset:
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psyshock
-Trick

Latios is a very good pokemon by itself but in the rain I think it becomes even better. Having rain up powers Latios Surfs which makes hitting steel types just that much easier. Since I do not need hidden power fire on this set I can run 31 speed IVs and outrun other Latios which is very nice. Psyshock is used to hit fighting types and Trick is there to cripple a wall my team is having problems with or an Evolite user. I am considering putting Thunder over trick and psychic over psyshock since it has a higher base power.

Team Synergy
Dragon-Scizor, Bronzong
Dark-Scizor
Bug-Scizor
Ghost-Scizor

Date Rape
Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability:Poison Heal
EVS:12HP/252Atk/244Spe
Moveset:
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Facade

Good old sub punching breloom, breloom has actually had a love/hate relationship with the team. Breloom brings several things to the table that are hard to find in other members. One of the most important roles on this team was to be able to kill ferrothorn. Toxicroak previously held this role but was sometimes useless in battles and was a conkeldurr counter, he was also useful in hitting steel types with his fighting move. Breloom is in his place now because he better prepares my team before the battle. I believe that the metagame has evolved and now has so many options it is impossible to have a team which can effectively counter everything it needs to. I go for facade over stone edge or seed bomb because I feel seed bomb isn't worth the dual stab and stone edge's shaky accuracy is not wanted. The downfall is being walled by ghost's, but often if you don't see a breloom's last move, you won't know what it is til you see it.

Team Synergy
Flying-Bronzong, Rotom-W
Psychic-Bronzong, Scizor, Latios
Fire-Politoed, Rotom-W, Latios
Poison-Bronzong, Scizor
Ice-Politoed, Bronzong, Scizor, Rotom-W,

HeatProof
Bronzong@Leftovers
Nature:Sassy
EVS:252HP/84Atk/80Def/92SpD
Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power(Ice)

Bronzong, the man who has almost no weakness under the rain. Bronzong preforms several tasks for this team and all of them are crucial. Bronzong puts up the stealth rocks, every team needs them so this is my guy. Bronzong also walls deadly sandstorm sweepers, Landorus, Gliscor, Excadrill and other pokemon here and there all can not even touch bronzong unless they boost their stats very high. The combination of Gyro Ball, Earthquake, and Hidden power Ice actually make bronzong into less of wall and more of a pokemon who can actually damage every pokemon he counters very hard. Bronzong really hates strong fighting moves so toxicroak is a very useful partner for him.

Team Synergy
Fire-Rotom-W, Latios, Politoed

TechN9ne
Scizor@Leftovers
Ability:Technician
Nature:Adamant
EVS:252HP/40Atk/216SpD
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite

Scizor, the pokemon that this team was built around. Scizor has some really great bulk and his fire weakness is made way less of a problem with rain up. This scizor is the only priority user on the team and with his great synergy he has many chances to switch in, and set up or simply get his health back. Scizor's bullet punches and bug bite's are also very powerful without any boosts and are useful for killing Reuniclus/Latios/Latias. The main goal of this team is to abuse the rest of the team members to damage the other team heavily and take out their weather inducer if they have one. Once scizor's move combination or Bug bite/Bullet punch is unresisted by the other team it is game over. Scizor's priority has also got me out of many sticky situations he is truly an un-replacable member to the team.

Team Synergy
Fire-Rotom-W, Politoed, Latios

Previous members

Crocaine
Toxicroak@Leftovers
Ability:Dry Skin
Nature:Adamant
EVS:244HP/252Atk/12Def
Moveset:
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch

Toxicroak, not only the pokemon with the best nickname on the entire team (or possibly every created) but also a very useful pokemon. Toxicroak in rain has an insane amount of recovery. Toxicroak resists fighting type moves and especially the move typing of Fighting/Dark common on Conkeldurr who are a threat to this team. Toxicroak also has a fighting type move to help kill ferrothorn in rain because none of my team members run a fire type move. My entire team has excellent synergy together and toxicroak is kind of the guy to just top it off while also being very useful in his own sense. Toxicroak is also very useful against other rain teams but sometimes suffers against sun teams. Toxicroak's weakness to ground can also play huge mind games with the opponent, as 3/6 pokemon on my team have levitate, so going for the earthquake is not as easy as you might think.

Thank you for reading this RMT!

This has taken me quite a while to write so if someone could give me a decent rate and make some suggestions that would be very appreciated. The only pokemon this team has had some real trouble with is Haxorus because of his ability Mold breaker and the move earthquake. He can usually take one of my team members out unless they lock into a dragon move and bronzong/Scizor kill them. I have noticed that every team members weakness is covered by another members so please consider that when suggesting new pokemon.

Please point out any major flaws with this team or any pokemon that would work better on it.

Hallelujah it's Raining Men!

Have never even listened to the song but it sounded like a cool Team name.

Ferrothorn walls everything but toxicroak who is predictable but hard to take out at the same time. You could change psyshock on latios to HP fighting. I prefer to use choice scarf on politoed because specs slows it down and shortens its life

Ferrothorn walls everything but toxicroak who is predictable but hard to take out at the same time. You could change psyshock on latios to HP fighting. I prefer to use choice scarf on politoed because specs slows it down and shortens its life
Yeah I know he does, that is why toxicroak is there. He resists his power whip, doesn't take much from gyro ball and can sub up to avoid status. Ferrothorn is also set up fodder for my scizor as +4 or +6 bug bites are very painful. I have not had a problem with ferrothorn really at all, is it that big of an issue?

Nice RMT, to start off this rating, I wanted to say on your Latios description, you said steal and not steel. In addition, Brozong has no weaknesses in the rain.

On Brozong, I think you should replace HP ice and Earthquake for dual screens, what this will allow you to do is let your Scizor set up easier and switch out leftovers for a Life Orb. This will probably make a huge difference in the damage output Scizor gives, with the screens adding on to Scizors already good bulk.

Nice RMT, to start off this rating, I wanted to say on your Latios description, you said steal and not steel. In addition, Brozong has no weaknesses in the rain.

On Brozong, I think you should replace HP ice and Earthquake for dual screens, what this will allow you to do is let your Scizor set up easier and switch out leftovers for a Life Orb. This will probably make a huge difference in the damage output Scizor gives, with the screens adding on to Scizors already good bulk.
That is actually a good suggestion, However with bronzong only 1 move is replaceable...gyro ball. This is because bronzong serves as my counter to excadrill and gliscor. I need earthquake to actually kill excadrill and HP ice to pop the balloon or hit gliscor.

If I take off gyro ball what screen do you think would be more appropriate Reflect or Light screen? I was thinking reflect for this team maybe, to help scizor, but light screen helps toxicroak more. The only downfall of losing gyro ball is less things to do against Latios, but if I set up a light screen I think scizor can wall everything Latios can do.

What are your opinions on this, also thanks for the spelling correction

Just played a team with bulk up toxicroak, my team is very weak to it. Best solution so far is go to Latios and trick if they have no sub while they go for sucker punch. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Toxicroak is annoying for sure. Maybe replacing HP grass with psychic on politoed might help a little(probably not). I dont know is perish song would work on a choiced toed or if it even works on subs.

I would suggest replacing Bronzgon with Ferrothorn. Granted, it is a second x4 Fire Weak but you still have Rain to ''protect'' it somewhat and, also, Ferrothorn is generally a better wall than Bronzong, plus it would give you access to spike, which could be useful.

I would suggest replacing Bronzgon with Ferrothorn. Granted, it is a second x4 Fire Weak but you still have Rain to ''protect'' it somewhat and, also, Ferrothorn is generally a better wall than Bronzong, plus it would give you access to spike, which could be useful.
Ferrothorn would really just be another fighting weakness to the team, and toxicroak doesn't really want to be switching that much anyway. bronzong also counters gliscor/landorus/excadrill which ferrothorn can, but is just set up bait. I think I will put light screen over gyro ball for bronzong.

Anyone have any other suggestions for dealing with toxicroak? I see psychic on politoed as an option as most toxicroaks do not have any speed EVs (still not sure If I could outrun) but the combination of drain punch/sucker punch could kill me possibly.

Don't want to sound like a douche saying everyone's suggestions are bad but this team just needs certain things to work.

Actually considering Zapdos over Toxicroak with thunder to help against toxicroak plus he gets the fighting resist I like. Not a fan of stealth rock damage though, opinions?

The pressure subroost zapdos is bulky and can easily take hits from toxicroak. it can also pp drain others pokes as well. I'd give it a shot

The pressure subroost zapdos is bulky and can easily take hits from toxicroak. it can also pp drain others pokes as well. I'd give it a shot
Ah yes zapdos works fine but then I lose out on a fighting move which makes ferrothorn actually a problem for this team. So hard having only 6 members DX

The team seems pretty solid for the most part. You might want to consider another offensive move on Rotom-W instead of Will-o-wisp just because the poke you have there is much more offensive than most other ones. Something like Hp Ice would give great coverage with both of its STABs. Also, something else to consider, you say that Bronzong walls deadly sandstorms sweepers. However, those sweepers are not as deadly if you can have Politoed come in and set up some rain. Just something to keep in mind that Bronzong isn't AS crucial as you make him out to be. But he still seems pretty good for now.

Ah yeah bronzong is just kind of my go-to man. With his name a supprising number of people go for earthquake on him it's actually pretty weird.

Good idea for another offensive move on rotom I will look into it, not sure if HP ice is stronger than a neutral or even resisted hydro pump in the rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)