Hard Rain-my first RMT

With Black and White 2 out, I decided to be serious and actually try to make a team. I decided I wanted a rain team, so with the help of SubakSupreme I was able to build this bulkier offense team with an intimidator core.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Drizzle
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Grass

Politoed's role is that it must set up the rain and then survive until the weather war has been won and to take out threats if possible.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spe
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Stone Edge

The first part of the Intimidator core. Gyarados is used to switch in on attacks it resists such as fighting, and get the intimidate off to further ensure it's physical bulk. It also has the dragon dance to allow it to sweep. Taunt is carried for pokemon like Skarmory that would typically force it out.

Landorus T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone Edge

The second part of the Intimidator core. Landorus uses the intimidate to again to weaken physical attackers and suggest a switch out. This carries the stealth rocks for the team and it also has u-turn to keep momentum. Even with little investment, Landorus T can still done a good amount of damage and is certainly a physical threat.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch

The third part of the intimidator core. Hitmontop has the very important job of spinning away hazards, as stealth rocks can take a toll on two of the important offensive threats. Along with rapid spin it has toxic to wear down walls, sucker punch for some needed priority and close combat for stab.

Thundurus T @ Life Orb
Volt Absorb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice
-Thunder
-Focus Blast

Thundurus has the role of main special attacker on this team. It carries thunder over thunderbolt because of the rain and the already reliable volt switch STAB. There is not much too it apart from switching in and doing tons of damage.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy
252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

The last member is a specially defensive Ferrothorn. It is a fairly standard set with dual stab to make sure it does not get set up on.

Well anyway give opinions and suggestions that can help me improve this team.

While I like the idea of intimidate, you must remember that it has no effects on special attackers. Standard BoltBeam coverage rips through 2/3 of your team (Politoed/Landorus/Gyarados/Thundurus). Once Hitmontop is gone, a pokemon like Thundurus can OHKO the rest of your team with thunder/focus blast/HP Ice.

Need more description and other things. Everything is too short. But on the other hand, once your Ferrothorn is dead, be prepared for the worse. Offensive rain team... But now that I think about it, even offensive rain team can put a huge dent to your Ferrothorn if you try to switch it in to resist.

I would highly suggest a Tentacruel with Max Sp def and a bit of Def EVs in it to take hits and you can spin away hazards too, hit hard enough with STAB Scald and get up Toxic Spikes as well. Intimidate is not needed because Tentacruel deal with most guys well enough. Also, once Ferrothorn is dead, other things can just wreck your team too. So you got to find a way to deal with it. Watch out for Banded Dragonite with his multiscale intact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)