Hard rain

Hey guys, here's my first Uber rmt, and I do hope you guys find this interesting. It was inspired on how well steel types lived in OU (like jirachi and bronzong) lived in the rain, and I made a "somewhat" similar version of that in this team. Its got heaps of stuff to improve, so all critics are welcome :D

Without further ado, here's the team!
(Note: Most of the sets here are the usual smogon sets, so if there are better set combinations for any of them, that would be very much appreciated)

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Here's my lead, and its an incredible powerhouse. Max speed to give the most opportunities to dent holes into the opponent's team, and Psycho Boost to spam-kill almost everyone. Thunder helps much with the rain from kyogre, and everything else is standard Deoxys-A. I'm really happy with how it works

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

The weather inducer, and a powerful one at that. I'm used to politoed being just a supporter, so when kyogre had power backed behind it, I was stoked. I normally send this after either Deoxys dies, or luring opponent's weather inducers. Water spout is impressive good, and everything else is for coverage. I do find that being stuck in choice is a bit of a hassle, but for now I'm alright with it.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

My beloved spiker from OU was brought back to Uber, and I'm quite happy with it. Most of the time I get to just send out a Stealth Rock, but sometimes I get lucky with an opponent stuck in outrage, and can throw some Toxic Spikes as well. It could also spin away some deadly rocks (which limits the power of water spout and cripples rayquaza). It does die very early in the game, but I don't know a better alternative which could spike and spin some rocks away.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage

The bulkier, less powerful version of Deoxys-A, this thing hits hard very easily. Air lock stops swift swimmers on its tracks, and Draco Meteor spam is very powerful indeed. I do find Rayquaza's switch in chances somehow limited, but when it does, it wrecks havoc. My only problem would be the fact that rayquaza is frail, so after draco meteor stat drop, it might not get another chance to switch in again, which seems to be a problem. I haven't been able to get a better stat distribution, so i guess I'm sticking with this for the moment

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Thunder
- Recover

My mvp of the team, this thing alone makes about 70% of my wins, especially when its the last poke in the team. In the rain, it has effectively only 2 weaknesses, and usually they are taken cared of with other team members. The idea is calm mind when possible, and recover when necessary. Then just judgement the hell out. Arceus is incredibly bulky, so it has an enormous amount of time it can set up. Thunder kills those pesky bulky waters in the rain. I really love this guy.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Spinblocker and second dragon type in the team, Giratina-O is invaluable. Its typing give both offensive and defensive edge, with draco meteors shooting and shadow sneak hitting pesky mewtwos. Dragon tail is useful in conjunction with SR, and phasing those extremekiller arceus. Earthquake is used rather rarely, so I'm looking for a better attack as an alternative.

So, thats the end of my rmt. Hopefully you guys like it, and it would be great to give some feedback! Thanks for your time :D

Importable:
Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Thunder
- Recover

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Ps: Thank the internet for all the quite pictures I found :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)