Hard Work - Peaked at 6 on Current Ubers Ladder

Hello one and all!
So I have a very importain match comeing up, and its an Ubers battle ( SURPRISE! ) Anyways, I started cracking down on the Ubers meta game and this is what I got:

TEAM BUILDING:
1.)
So to start this team I figured weather would be a nice thing to use. After all this IS ubers. I figured rain would give me some of the best benifits so I slapped a Kyogre on there and whent from there.

2.)
I then knew I would need some kind of steel type to stop dragon types since Ubers in dragon dominate. I figured Ferrothorn would be a very good candidate. He is able to set up Stealth Rocks and able to recover alot of health thanks to Leech Seed.

3.)
I then started thinking about a good special sweeper. I thought about Deoxys, but it's rather brittle and since Deoxys-A is never able to switch in safely, I figured it just wasn't a good idea. Then I thought, " Hey, why not Genesect?". With a great typeing only shared by 2 other pokes, I figured it would do well and with rain up, it would help its fire weakness.

4.)
At this point I figured if I'm going to use rain I might as well abuse it, and Palkia does just that. With only one weakness and moves to just abuse rain to no end I figured why not. Not only that, but I needed a dragon on this team.

5.)
When I took a step back and looked at this team, I noticed that I was sorta lacking a special wall. Since Soul Dew was released, I figured I would try Latias out. With monsterous Sp.Def thanks to it I figured it would make a good special wall.

6.)
It was at this point where I knew I would need something to come in and clean up. I knew that Arceus would be perfect for this role. With STAB E-Speed, nothing is going to beable to withstand it after a few hits + SR dammage.

7.)
I started playing with this team and I noticed that Latias just wasn't working as well as I wanted it too. I decided to switch it up to Giritina. With more bulk plus priority, he worked alot better with the team's synergy. Anyways, on to move sets!

Kyogre- @ Leftovers
Relaxed- 252HP/ 252Def/ 6Sp.Def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind
Scald

Standard Rest-Talk set. It works well since rain is absolutly necessary for this team to function to its best so it's in my best intrest to keep my Kyogre alive and this set allows that. I run Relaxed just to be slower then Groudon so that I can get my rain up and have the advantage.

Ferrothorn (Juggernaut)- @ Leftovers
Sassy- 252HP/ 80Def/ 178Sp.Def
Stealth Rocks
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Protect

Standard Ferrothorn, no matter where you go, you are always a problem. This team needs Rocks so I figured he would be the best for the job. I split the Sp.Def and Def the way I did because this thing sometimes has to take EQ's from Groudon there for he needs to be able to stand his ground. I have higher Sp.Def just because there's a greater number of Special attackers in Ubers, especially with dragons droppings Dracos everywhere.

Genesect (Bye-Bye)- @Choice Scarf
Hasty- 80Atk/ 178 Sp.Atk/ 252 Speed
U-Turn
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz

This thing makes a wonderful lead in ubers. The best is when people lead with Deoxys-A and I out pace and hit it with a U-Turn and go into Giritina and kill with Shadow Sneak. This and Giritina make for a wonderful pair. I'm most likely going to take T-Bolt off for thunder, but I like T-Bolt for the times I do lose the weather war. Anyways, Ice Beam for all the dragons and Bug Buzz is there for a Special STAB, plus Flamethrower in the rain? Thats kinda silly.

Palkia- @Haban Berry
Modest- 6HP/ 252Sp.Atk/ 252Speed
Spacial Rend
Thunder
Fire Blast
Hydro Pump

Rain abuse on over drive. This thing hits like a truck. Haban Berry is there not only to survive a Draco from another Modest Palkia, but its there to also bluff a scarf. Fire Blast if for Ferrothron because even in the rain fire blast does a heafty chunk and is always a 2HKO. I put Spacial Rend on this thing over Draco because the -2 would force me to switch out more and it just didn't seem like a good idea with this set. Hydro Pump over surf because in the sun its a safe 2HKO on standard Groudon, and Thunder is for other Kyogres.

Giritina- @ Griseous Orb
Careful- 252HP/ 252Sp.Def/ 6Speed
Substitute
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Dragon Tail

This set is rather different but it works well. Shadow Sneak is for priority and like I said before it works really well with my Genesect for takeing down Deoxys. Sub it to help protect Giritina agenst Status as well as to make it harder to break, and Will-O is to help its uninversted Def. Dragon Tail is for STAB and it also helps the team in terms of phaseing.

Arceus- @ Life Orb
Adamant- 6HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Brick Break
Shadow Claw

Extreme-Killer. He normally cleans up when late game roles around. Adamant is to ensure kills and with a base speed of 120, not much elce is able to out pace him.

So thats that. Just an FYI, I'm anticipating my match sometime this week so the sooner I can get some feed back the better! Thanks for reading and rateing, feel free to test this team too!​

EXPORTABLE TEAM SETS

Bye- Bye (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Palkia @ Haban Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Juggernaut (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Arceus @ Life Orb
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break

Thanks again!

Hi there Phozon, nice team you have here.

The first thing I notice about your team is you have a rather large hazards weakness and I can certainly help you with that. For starters, why not run Giratina-O > Giratina-A? It functions the same way as Giratina-A except for it helps you out with your weakness to Toxic Spikes because of Levitate and gives you a larger attack at your disposal to break subs and phaze threats much easier.

You are also extremely weak to Zekrom as your only switch-in to it is Ferrothorn, and a smart player will know how to work around it and proceed to sweep. To deal with Zekrom, I recommend you run a Arceus-Ground > Arceus. Groundceus allows you to beat Zekrom and Rayquaza (though DDRay is a threat to just about every team in general) and still keep your good synergy.

Also, if you happen to be having problems with Ho-Oh, you can always run Roar > Calm Mind on Kyogre, but this is just up to your preference.

Best of luck!

Sets:

Giratina-O
Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 84 Spd
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Also, as a note, the only Pokemon who resist the EdgeQuake combo are Bronzong, Breloom, and Virizion, and all three are rarely seen in Ubers.

Thanks for your help! I accually started running Giritina O right after I posted this and the set I'm running right now on it works very well. This team accually laddered at #6 right now on the ubers server. I've accually not had as big of a Zekrom problem as you may think, but I will try out Arceus- Ground. Thanks again!

Hey, there! This is a cool team, congratulations on the ladder success! First and foremost, when looking at the team I noticed a few flaws which may be hindering your chance to become #1. Opposing ExtremeKiller Arceus, especially ones Brick Break or Overheat, give you a lot of grief. Your main check, Ferrothorn, is 2HKO'd by a Brick Break or Overheat, and even though Kyogre is Defensive it is still getting pummeled by ExtremeSpeed and He will be pounding you down to the ground. You current have to rely on Genesect to weaken it somewhat and even then a +2 Life Orb'd ExtremeSpeed is doing a hefty 2/3 chunk to Genesect, KO'ing after maximum hazards. Calm Mind Ghosteus and Calm Mind Fighteus hurt you severely at the moment too; Ferrothorn and Genesect are the best ways of wearing Them down, but even then They are damaging your team extremely hard. A few other weaknesses include Life Orb / Specs Kyurem-W, who you currently lack a good check for, since it gets a free switch-in on Kyogre or Ferrothorn and is going to hurt, Reshiram as your only Dragon resists are pummeled by its secondary STAB, and Ho-Oh in general who can break past defensive Ogre with hazards and then the rest of your team is going to crumble. Zekrom, as previously mentioned, is going to cause you some problems too.

To help fix a lot of these problems, I would recommend trying out a Specially Defensive Kyogre instead of your current Defensive Calm Mind version. A Specially Defensive spread allows you to check almost all Calm Mind Arceus along with Kyurem-W and Reshiram who you currently struggle against. Specially Defensive gives you a way to abuse Ferrothorn's Hazards through the use of Roar, and will be a useful utility for your team in general. You can opt to use a Sassy nature with 0 Speed IV's to get rain up versus opposing Groudon leads Turn 1 if you want momentum from the start. As Bubbly mentioned above, you do have a slight weakness to Zekrom as well, so I second the recommendation of utilizing a Swords Dance Groundeus. Stone Edge also gives you a way of being able to OHKO Ho-Oh without any boosts as a Specially Defensive Kyogre makes you much more susceptible to Ho-Oh in general. The EV's let you outspeed Lati@s and the rest goes ni HP. You lose your priority, however you already have a Scarfer in Genesect and priority on Giratina-O, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Speaking of Giratina-O, with a Specially Defensive Kyogre you also become much more weak to Ho-Oh and ExtremeKiller, thus you should try out a Defensive Attacker Giratina-O. With the set given below, you can lure opposing Ho-Oh with Outrage while still being able to check Groudon and ExtremeKiller Arceus, making it a win-win set on your team, practically. Will-O-Wisp lets this beast cripple a major nuisance in Ferrothorn, and also in Arceus as well. You can play around with the EV's, but the current EV's let you outspeed Tentacruel to avoid getting burned by Scald and the rest are thrown into Attack and Defense. Lastly, I believe you should be running Physical Scarf Genesect. With a Physical Attacking spread, you can check MewTwo and Latias much better as you now do not have to rely on Bug Buzz to attempt to kill then, as U-turn will OHKO them at +1. Additionally, U-turn hits much more harder now denting common switch-ins like Groudon and Kyogre, and you can still revenge Zekrom and Rayquaza with Ice Beam. Iron Head gives you a secondary shot versus the Kyurem's, and Thunder can be used over Explosion for Ho-Oh, but its not going to do much. It may seem like a lot of changes, but some are just small nitpicks on sets and I feel like these changes will help your team exponentially. Here are the sets, good luck! :]

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk) / Sassy Nature (+SDef - Spd)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ground
@ Earth Plate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Giratina-O
@ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 216 Atk / 204 Def / 88 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Genesect
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion / Thunder
- Iron Head

Thanks man but I accually made a new team that works ALOT better then this one and I've just been useing it on PO and I'm already in the top 100 on the PO server. I might bring it to showdown, but I'm not sure yet. But thanks for the help none the less!

This team...haha, memories. :]
That new team you were talking about...was it the one with Rose the Tyranitar and Ta-Da! the Forretress?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)