Hardest Relative NPC

Venus in Colisseum. I had no idea I could catch shadow pokemon, so I only had Umbreon and Espeon, and her Steelix was hell. It would Earthquake both of them, and Espeon would die so easily. Only Espeon was doing damage to it, and even then, practically nothing...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Mars in Pearl was a pain in the butt with my scramble, Bidoof and Monferno without stab? That purugly was a pain, man.
Oh god that Purugly D: I wiped out like 3 times the first time I reached the Wind farm because of it. I couldn't work out why it was so ridiculously strong AND fast D: I didn't realise it was a hacked evo of Glameow... Even having just 3 moves it still handed it to me several times.

On a similar vein, Jupiter would give me a challenge the first time I met her if I'm not prepared. The Screeches would stack up quickly and Night Slash would crit a lot. Smokescreen is also a nuisance especially when it only has a Ground weakness so it seemed quite bulky for me at the time.

Elesa can be a pain.

I think Cheren has to be my vote for hardest.

Mars I have learned is easy if you get a fighting type.

The double team right before Velistone is always a pain. They're required to fight, and you always lost one Pokemon in a nuzlocke to them.

I think the most stressful time I've ever had against an NPC was probably against Shauntal's Chandelure in the BW2 Elite Four. Seriously, make sure you level up evenly with your party and have good management against it: having swept through most of the game with Genesect, Victini, and Heracross, Chandelure destroyed my team, and I spent like 10 minutes spamming Revival Herbs to PP stall it out.

Former hardest I had against was Red in HGSS. This was back when I refused to use legendaries on my team, but a few years later I was just like "screw it" and ended up sweeping his team with Expert Belt Mewtwo.

Also, Roxanne in R/S if you choose Treecko. Longest. Battle. Ever.

In Emerald, at the end of the Victory Road, there are 2 trainers that are hidden behind a bridge and challenge you for a double battle. Each one has a Slaking and a bulky thing that use skill swap on his/her partner's Slaking (Dusclops and Gardevoir if I remember correctly). Not only you have to face 2 Slaking without Truant but they also have very good moves like brick break, ice beam, etc so they're likely to have something super effective against anything you have.

It was the hardest battle of emerald after frontier brains imo.

nobody's mentioning brawly? sure, machop was a pushover, and meditite was stupid and kept trying to focus punch, but that makuhita's arm thrust, in addition to its great bulk... you really need a sableye if you want to beat this thing sans casualties.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
  • GRBY: Never played it, so I don't have an opinion.
  • GSC: Chuck's Poliwrath just wouldn't die, and Clair's Kingdra caught me off-guard. I barely survived both times.
  • Colo: Dakim while trying to catch Entei. Venus in general. Ein if you have a bad team against ThunderDance. Nascour and Evice… not so much, ironically.
  • RSE: Steven and his stupid Metagross. That's all I'm going to say.
  • FrLg: I don't remember having problems against someone specific, however the first trip to the Sevii Islands was really tough for me, since I had a very bad team for the occasion.
  • XD: Gorigan. Oh GOD Gorigan. Why does that stupid Primeape do so much damage with a Special Attack? And don't get me started on the Orre Colosseum…
  • DPP: Mars and her Purugly. Jupiter and her Skuntank. Surprisingly, Cyrus went down rather easily. And, of course, Cynthia.
  • HGSS: I felt that this game was rather easy. Then again, the Pokéwalker gives you a huge advantage. It can turn several pests into something more manageable, and others into complete non-issues.
  • B1W1: Cheren was an overall annoyance all the time. I. Hate. Fake Out. I also decided for a while to use a Darmanitan-Z, which forced me to stop using healing NPC's for a whole stretch. I had to use an X Special against Caitlin, something I've never done. And Ghetsis and his Hydreigon, of course…
  • B2W2: Haven't played it yet.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Don't get me started on Elesa. Damn Volt Switch. I hate it. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Also Kenshin in Pokemon Conquest. His Gallade just does not die, Illusio has an annoying field, and fighting him was pretty much the only time I worried about Abra. Yes, ABRA.

Think about it. I quoted darknesscrusher, said mars in the sentence before I said him. Of course I was referring to darknesscrusher. Its simple grammar :|
No.... Mars was the only other subject in the sentence besides yourself, hence the pronoun "him" would have nothing else to refer to BUT Mars. THAT'S simple grammar.

In fact, your sentence really didn't make much sense at all, so I simply assumed English wasn't your first language. Not even trying to be mean, I'm just saying.

In non-nuzlockes, usually the first gym depending on my starter. After that my soloer is usually too far ahead in level for anything to be a challenge.

Misty was piss-easy for my charmeleon too. At level 30 it 2HKOd it with slash, and it got to that level just off trainers and minimal grinding (usually just when I was trying to catch pokemon).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
No.... Mars was the only other subject in the sentence besides yourself, hence the pronoun "him" would have nothing else to refer to BUT Mars. THAT'S simple grammar.

In fact, your sentence really didn't make much sense at all, so I simply assumed English wasn't your first language. Not even trying to be mean, I'm just saying.
"It was even hard when I controlled Mars, for him :P"

Mars for him.

To be honest I appear to have typo'd in a comma, but you should have been able to figure it out. It makes perfect sense besides a simple comma, and on a forum if you quote then the person also becomes a suspect.

:evan:

My confusion isn't even facepalm-worthy, since even then it makes no sense. You can control Mars? As in, play as her? Scrambles only let you control what the player does. Or do you mean controlling the actual planet? With what, your mind? I'm not the one at fault here. It's whatever. Your comment was meant to be facetious anyway, so let's drop it.

Brawly in Emerald. While this may seem like he's not really that significant, he has so much higher levels. There's a reason that speedrun routes avoid him for as long as possible, and when I nuzlocke I do it as well. Compared to the wild pokes, he has insanely high levels, and if he gets a few bulk ups, then it's gg.

There's that guy in RSE with one Magikarp and five Gyarados. In my first run through, I wasn't expecting anything because I was like six. But playing those games recently...I think it's gonna be the guy with six Magikarps and suddenly I'm like "oh god why" as he sends out Gyarados.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)