has this legit shiny method been thought of

I know that there are people that check the shiny values of their egg and find trainers whoms shiny trainer value matches, this concept uses the knowledge of that to it's advantage as i don't see using 3rd party programs to force shinys a legit.

the idea is, say for example you get 5 eggs ready to hatch, save your game and then hatch them. judge the pokemon that have the correct ability (i am assuming you have the right nature already) and if they have hte perfect stats for the intended build you have in mind, soft reset (while keeping the position of the good egg in mind), then set aside the egg that has the right stats. i call this a pass egg. now that you have a pass egg, pass it to another game you can hatch from, no shiny? that is ok, just soft reset and pass it to someone else. eventually someone will get a shiny and the chances of shiny would only increase each time it was passed to a new trainer.

i know this takes a lot of effort but it is a completely legit way to get perfect shinys.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It would work in theory, but it is so impractical no one would ever bother with it.

I mean, assuming you use Masuda method and have the shiny charm, the odds of the offspring being shiny is 1/512. It means that you need 53 trustworthy people with shiny charm to get 10% of chances to have your shiny. Raise that number to 182 trustworthy with shiny charm people for 30%. 354 for 50%. 615 for 70%.

I could keep calculating for other odds, but I think you got my point: you can't realistically ask so many people to hatch the same egg over and over.

ya, i'm going it for 4 personal chances though, maybe i would give them to someone after that and just tell them to pass it where ever though. between me and my wife i got 4 copys to do it on, 2 with shiny charms and 2 without. and i am using masuda. i just think it is good if you have the extra games to try it on personally for your eggs that you know are good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)